Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

IS IT TIME FOR ONLY ONE CLUB IN ENFIELD

Quote:
Quote:
If there was a merger,it would be under the name and history of EFC,but playing at Brimsdown and operating as a supporters run club.

Two out of the three are happening now at EFC

So come back any time you feel like it

One of them is happening.Ie..They are playing under the name and history of EFC.'Chairmen Steve' holds most of the power and discision making (in consultaion with his three other 'payed up' board members). Yes the fans are vurtually running the club,but it doesn't mean they have ultimate say with regard to important discisions regarding their clubs future.At present EFC's future survival lies with the continued finacial investment by 3 or 4 people.EFC will be at Ware for at least another 4 years,and if they do return to the borough,Town fans will never switch as long as their team is still in the borough.

Quote:
And thats YOUR opinion and then the next person will differ, I would vote to keep the Town going and as Brimmo is the home of TOWN where would your new club play?
Lets move on not back.

Nothing will happen to ETFC without a free vote of ALL its supporters.I will of course abide by any vote (as i did with the EFC supporters discision to split from the old club)thats what democracy is all about.

Make no mistake,if a merger does not happen (and there is only a slim chance it wil) I believe Town still have a great future ahead of them.

Or what benefit would Town get from merging with EFC, A ground in the borough?

The benifit to EFC would be guaranteed suvival and regular gates of over 350.ETFC fans would benifit from having only one team representing ENFIELD.Greater chance of success ( because of things like improved attendances) and a much greater chance of being given a site from the council in the borough to build OUR own stadium.

That looks more like the sacrifice of what has been achieved by the Town over the last 4 years.

As EFC would be getting a greater peice of the pie...Ie.Keeping their name ,getting a ground back in the borough of Enfield,securing 250+ fans.I feel that Town would require EFC to reliquish something themselves.Things like Town choosing the initial coaching staff AND having a 60%-70% representation with regard to the initial boardroom members.

I'm realistic enough to know that all this has only a small chance of coming to fruition,but it would be possible if the will was there, and people on both sides were prepared to give and take.

Still all sacrifice to me.

Quote:
The benifit to EFC would be guaranteed suvival and regular gates of over 350.ETFC fans would benifit from having only one team representing ENFIELD.Greater chance of success ( because of things like improved attendances) and a much greater chance of being given a site from the council in the borough to build OUR own stadium.

Nothing in this world is guaranteed.

ETFC fans already support and are representatives of THE only team in Enfield.

Success does not always follow having increased attendances. Increased attendances generally follows success.

It may well be that whichever administration is in power will try and find a home for ETFC in the borough, irrespective of whether there is a merger. Why should they want to assist the prodigal son?

Enfield and ETFC would gain the same thing: not having the support in the borough split, thus havinf two non-viable clubs instead of one viable one.

The "few" supporters would be in the 100's, as you would not only have the combined gates of the two clubs but all those who have drifted away or given up in disgust coming back again.

Unfortunately I suspect that the blinkers will stay on at both clubs. "We're the original club and don't need anyone else" and "we've achieved too much already".

Hmmm.

I think the trouble is that both clubs believe they hold 'the joker' to future prosperity as the MAIN team in Enfield.Only when one of the clubs is desperate ,will they go looking for a merger with the other one.

I think when one of the clubs eventually comes out on top,it will have had more to do with political decisions by the local council, than anything that happens on the field of play.