Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town 1 Eton Manor 0

Poor game. We did not raise ourselves against a side who were inferior but showed fantastic spirit and were always encouraging each other (we need to learn from that). It was always nervy at 1-0 and they could always have nicked an equaliser. It seems that Abbey lost to ASPA. If this is true, then we have had a very good weekend. Good to see Asa start. We looked better for having him there, he always seems to create a threat.

Quote:
Hall, Allen, Negus, Gant, Campbell, Hall, Wright, Hall, Smith, Penn, Pamplin, Digby, Baldwin, Butler, Ndombe, Byfield

Gate 248

Town opened the scoring on the 11th minute with a cross from Matty Negus that was stomached in to the Manor net past the unlucky Prince in goal. This tended to inspire David Allen who appeared on fire for the town coming out of the watery sun with each attack making it difficult for the Manor defence. On 40 minutes David Allen volleyed just wide. Both David Allen and an inspired Asa Pamplin both had an excellent first half. Shots were not in great quantity as the Manor contained the town quite well and created the odd chance for themselves.

Second half Manor played well but failed to get the goal they sought. On 60 minutes the inspired David Allen cracked a volley from 25 yards just wide. Rudi Hall also had a shot just wide.

David Allen subbed by Lee Digby,
Maurice Byfield on for Asa Pamplin
Seb Ndombe on for Lee Smith.

Eton Manors no 3 off for two yellow cards.

An enjoyable game from a team that came to play football.

The Manor worked hard today. We knew before the game it was going to be a tough encounter, but the lads dug deep and did themselves proud.

Typical great hospitality from the Town folk.

Ps Phil where were you? I asked around and they said you had to dash off?

Regards - MB

Manaor Match Report

http://www.emfc.co.uk/MatchReports05/15_01_05.htm

Cracking report and pictures but i thought "crashed the ball into the back of the net" was a bit kind,bundled it in would have been closer (guts or nuts).

Inferior??? I think not! When are people gonna learn. You play bad because the other side make you play bad. enfield had 2 shots all game. You are no where near as good as Barkingside or Burnham. Asa did nothing all game. And David Allen on fire??? What game did you watch! He didn't get past Marshy once. Fans were nice bunch and we had some good banter with them on the bench. But believe me, now that everything is settled after the Margolis affair things will improve. We were just lightweight upfront. But I think our back 4 would walk into any team in the ESL. It's the first time they have played together after suspensions and injuries. I thought we were excellent today against an overated Enfield Town. We don't have training facilities oand we don't pay but we matched your boys all day long. And the ref and lino's were s**t. Don't any Towners say the officials are always against you because it was embarassing how bias they were today. Do any of you know that after your bloke went over the top but thankfully Marshy hurt him instead, the ref gave us the foul. When the baby started crying like a girl the ref booked Marshy and gave you a foul. But a good game none the less.

It looked more like two players stretching for the ball than anything else and a bad ref will always give these decisions to the loser as it an easy cop out.

I'm just happy that the game was played in a sensible manor as I think the ref would have struggled in a bad tempered game.

I thought Manor stuck at their task today, much like in the recent league cup game. Town played some better stuff than of late, but it was a bit patchy and mostly in the first half. Manor were always in the game at one nil down, although I thought they might have struggled if Town had scored a second before half time-the whistle seemed a bit of a relief for them. Unfortunately, the Town shape seemed to disappear after half time.

Better officials too, I can't recall any bias either way. The Manor bench won some stuff on appeal to the linesman though, particuarly off sides in the second half.

I heard it suggested that we might be better off if the dugouts were nearer the half way line. Sounds like a good idea; I think the officials would certainly appreciate it!

Mr Manor - FYI this game was played @ brimsdown Enfield EN3; nor sure where you were, but was obviously somewhere else, maybe you went to Ware by mistake

Your back 4 maybe good enough for Abbey or Hullbridge.

Dave Allen was going passed your left back for fun in the first half

the officals were upto the usual ESL standard, if the ref could run, then he could have made more informed decisions

your number 6 was lucky to stay on the pitch

having said all that, not a great game of football, some good midfield play by Town, but too few balls into the box, and very few shots

why have Town got goal shy?

Well Im not going to argue, we obviuosly won't give any ground. But the ref and lino's were crap! you are right. If it was bad tempered it would have gone crazy. How old was the ref??? And the 2nd half was funny. The lino was crap 1st half but 2nd he gave offside when it wasn't. He was about 5 yards behind play! But in reference to the tackle your bloke went over the top and it's lucky no-one was seriously injured.

Pity the stop then and don't carry on into the distance!!