Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town 1 Eton Manor 0

Lets not get carried away here. We are an old Club with only our pride and reputation at stake. We are extremely lucky that the people involved with the Manor are incredibly loyal to one another and the Club. The two seasons I have been involved sense the feeling between the individuals concerned. We have become more like a family then a Football team. Now, it wasn't that long ago that the Towner's faced the same problem, they did what we are trying to do, no home, no money, just lots of good people with good intensions, they rallied around and started to build the dream. We must take a leaf from their book and work towards doing the same, at the same time not getting a chip on our shoulder about all the things we don't have in comparison to everyone else. As things stand, we are on track, we are working with Redbridge Council on some property that may be the answer to our prays, in the meantime lets keep the positive vibe and continue working on the team spirit, because, no amount of money in the world can buy you that!

Regards - MB

Quote:
Inferior??? I think not! When are people gonna learn. You play bad because the other side make you play bad. enfield had 2 shots all game. You are no where near as good as Barkingside or Burnham. Asa did nothing all game. And David Allen on fire??? What game did you watch! He didn't get past Marshy once. Fans were nice bunch and we had some good banter with them on the bench. But believe me, now that everything is settled after the Margolis affair things will improve. We were just lightweight upfront. But I think our back 4 would walk into any team in the ESL. It's the first time they have played together after suspensions and injuries. I thought we were excellent today against an overated Enfield Town. We don't have training facilities oand we don't pay but we matched your boys all day long. And the ref and lino's were s**t. Don't any Towners say the officials are always against you because it was embarassing how bias they were today. Do any of you know that after your bloke went over the top but thankfully Marshy hurt him instead, the ref gave us the foul. When the baby started crying like a girl the ref booked Marshy and gave you a foul. But a good game none the less.

Mr Manor.Lets not get carried away. When someone mentioned inferior.He probably meant in terms of league position,not 'inferior' on the day.

Also how can you say that Town are not as good as Barkingside or Burnham.We are above both teams in the league,and i'm sure neither of those sides have given Manor such a footballing lesson as Town gave against you in the 5-2 league game at the start of the season.

But i agree,lets not get into a slanging match,because ETFC have a lot of time for Eton Manor and its officials.Lets just agree to disagree.

I also thought that the officials were pretty decent.

As far as Penn going over the top what rubbish! I know that is what your bench thought as I heard all the time you claiming that.

It was a 50:50 ball your player went down before reaching the ball and before Penn got there. Both players were very determined but if your player had not gone to ground Penn would not have been injured. It was clearly dangerous play.

As for Penn going over the top when there is a player sliding in feet first it is very difficult not "to go over the top". As I saw it because Penn did not GOTT meant that he got injured. If he had jumped or bottled out he would not have got injured. I saw the healing spray being applied to the shin now how do you get an injury on the shin or calf if you go over the top?

As far as the lino on your side of the bench is concerned he was a bit slow flagging and seemed to take his cue from you but I dont think at any stage he was wrong with his flag and he missed at least one offside decision. But then what I know about offside is recorded on another thread.

On the whole I thought that the Town walked the first half and Eton Manor seemed in awe of our reputation. They came out in the second half determined to take us on and found the weaknesses in our defence which Abbey/Bowers/Sawbo etc have also discovered. We certainly miss Bradley in midfield as there is not a ball winner in midfield and nobody to lay the ball off with any degree of accuracy.

In the first half we were putting crosses in and Asa and Lee were working well together. Matty was getting forward and the system seemed to work. Second half Lee drifted out of the game, probably due to the injury he sustained first half, and Asa was left on his own. I did not think that Dave Allen had a particularly good second half and Lee Digby added more when he came on but Byfield, though enthusiastic, did not do the same job as Asa and Ndombe, perhaps because he came on late, did not get into the game.

I thought your number 3 was unlucky to get the second yellow and your captain did a good job of marshalling the troops however he was critical of some of the marking at set pieces but did not seem to bother to mark players himself.

Regards

It was not a good performance but credit to Manor they worked the socks off esp in the second half.

If they played with that sort of passion every week they would be in a better position than they are in now thats fo sure.

Good luck to the Manor for the rest of the season ! Keep going Kirk doing a great job !