Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Robin Trotts off

Just thinking what we've done to piss Margate off! I don't see Trott leaving as a problem, McSweeney/Sappleton is a far more effective centre-half pairing (IMHO). Trott, good player, but his lack of pace worried me no end. I pressume he was influenced by his mate Hockton.

His lack of pace was made for by his presence and leadership on the pitch......hang on a minute weren't we saying all this last July/August!?

Yet again we see that the call of a quick buck is obviously a greater influence on many a player than playing for a club who wants/looks after you and the fans love.

Good riddance.

I think that Pat and Macca could be a better pairing than Pat and Trotty, they proved that last season.

This season they lost their way a little, Robin came back and shored things up.

I’m hopeful that both Pat and Macca have learnt from Trottys second spell, and I now expect them to be even better than they were last season.

This being the case, then Matt has funds to strengthen wherever he feels best, and without any pressure.

He already has his eye on some very good players.

Will Margates fire fighting tatics work, and are they sustainable? Lets hope so, they are too big a club to be relegated.

Not a lot surprises me in this game. Robin was to his credit a natural leader on the pitch but at times a lack of pace offset this against the pacier types. However, i actually quite liked him so good luck. I would presume we may see a defender at some stage to offset this. I think Margate have signed a player who will give his all vocally, but that will not compensate against faster players, which realistically is what the game is really about.

I think you have to remember that both Robin and Danny live in Kent and it may be easier for them to get to Margate than Billericay. Having said that if a player wants to play elsewhere then let them.

Although if someone offered me more money to do my job for someone else, i'd take it. I dont think this is much different.