Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pat Gradley

Jimmy

I love your dillusion, Gary. Firstly that you think what you said was humorous, secondly because you think Che was 'crap' and thirdly because you think 'Ade' is such a great manager! If the first were true, people would laugh; if the second were true, Che wouldn't be in our top ten all-time goalscorers list and wouldn't have reached a tally of (if memory recalls) 13 goals in our difficult first season in the conference; if the third were true Welling would be in the Conference by now, which they could well have been with their collection of quality ex-Fleet players.

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary
He's fair game, JC, just as Essandoh was.
Che was playing crap up front and not scoring.
When asked to drop into midfield he threw his toys out of his pram and walked out on Welling.
Try lightening up, and see humour and satire for what it is.

Che's 12 goals in one Conference season for us were not bettered until Charlie arrived. Granted, he was less prolific at the end of that season than at the start, and you may describe your post as an attempt at 'humour' and 'satire', but your refusal to ever acknowledge Che's impressive overall scoring record (10th highest Fleet scorer of all time, as mentioned above) does you no credit. Why are you always so keen to run him down rather than accentuate the positives?

Whilst Che had success for a while here, I recall he was prone to missing a shedload of sitters, a malaise that got worse during his stay here, and has happened at Welling.

Whilst he may be 10th top scorer, he is by no means the 10th best striker we have had. Far better were Hubbick, Towers, Blewden, Woon, Stonebridge to name but a few (and excluding Charlie MacDonald).

Originally Posted By: Andrewc
CG, just leave the money behind the bar. I'll need that beer before I leave for pastures new. By my reckoning £30 should do. The clock is ticking !!

Where are you going ? You'd better get a few beers in for the lads as well then !

Cheers,

Whilst Che had success for a while here, I recall he was prone to missing a shedload of sitters, a malaise that got worse during his stay here, and has happened at Welling.
Whilst he may be 10th top scorer, he is by no means the 10th best striker we have had. Far better were Hubbick, Towers, Blewden, Woon, Stonebridge to name but a few (and excluding Charlie MacDonald).

I quite liked Che when he played for us.......you weren't one of the masses at Bedford then that saw us promoted to the Conference, and invaded the pitch at the end ( Che scored the goal if my memory serves me correctly )?

Cheers,

Originally Posted By: Hirsty

I quite liked Che when he played for us.......you weren't one of the masses at Bedford then that saw us promoted to the Conference, and invaded the pitch at the end ( Che scored the goal if my memory serves me correctly )?

Cheers,

I was there!

Thing about Che was that he was a natural goalscorer and only used to [****!!****] things up when he had to much time to think about what he was doing!

If he had been able to finish like an Ian Wright or Ian Rush then he wouldn't have been playing a Ryman Premier and Conference level would he.

What I liked about him was his speed over 20 yards and his laid back attitude to it all. I well remember seeing him fast asleep in the bar at Hendon after a game there!

My daughter fancied him too!