Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Rhodes is that the same memorabilla you sanctioned without anyone's permission when you decided it would be in good taste to try and sell Haringey Borough FC Y fronts with the badge stitched onto the front? - i see comfort wasnt on your mind when you thought of this!

i am quite surprised rhodes that you havent written back regarding this post!! do you still wear the HBFC Pants to work?

3praise - They were thongs and not pants from what I recall when I painstakingly initiated a large selection of Club merchandise that flew off the shelves, they were of far more interest to the Women's players such as Tracy Cohen. You still haven't explained why she left the Club under a cloud by the way having been instrumental from day one since the formation of the successful Women's team at Coles Park.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know how 'we' got on at Eton Manor this afternoon.

RE: CLUB THONGS

I am surprised that anyone would take the urine about this. Wherever I have stocked them in a club shop they have been great sellers with a high profit margin (especially around Christmas time).

It's a bit of fun, it's club logo'd and makes money. That's what a club shop is for surely?

Originally Posted By: Wader
RE: CLUB THONGS
I am surprised that anyone would take the urine about this.

Yes, well that's 3praise for you, he hasn't got a clue.

That's the trouble with Haringey Borough, they are simply not interested in progress or promoting themselves in any way shape or form and it's so sad to see, the Club could and should be a monster particularly with Spurs half a mile down the road and willing to bend over backwards to work hand in hand with 'us'.

It just goes to show that we talk the same language, with you at the helm of Haringey Borough instead of 'Sugar' they would soon be in the Conference.

Paula - Haringey did boxers and Y fronts for blokes as well as thongs for Women, I may be starting a line for Kentish Town soon but we don't have a Women's team.

What do you mean, I still wear Y fronts. It goes without saying that 'the great one's' face will appear on one of the lines but I haven't decided which one yet, it's more likely to be the Women's thongs.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Does anyone happen to know how 'we' got on at Eton Manor this afternoon.

3praise - I have disappointingly had to go onto the Eton Manor Website in order to get Saturday's result, why didn't you come on to give us all a run down on the proceedings or weren't you there. Many congratulations to Ged and the boys on a fine 1-0 victory.

'Haringey scored 10 minutes from time when Wayne Grant secured the win from close range. The Manor utilising a big squad of players to allow Manager Graham Chester finalise his team before the start of the League Season'.

3praise - When are you going to come on as there are a number of important questions that remain unanswered, like I said don't let the signed shirt and ball scandal spoil your enjoyment as unlike the Loreal and shampoo adverts 'Sugar' isn't worth it. Will he be present on Saturday by the way when our beloved Borough celebrate their 100 years or is he on holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

3praise - I note that there is very little on the Website about the Club's Centenary match with London Colney on Saturday other than the following brief report, there is also very little in today's Tottenham Journal considering the momentous occasion. Would you mind ellaborating a bit more and, in your own words, tell us all about the day, how did the other entertainment that was laid on go and who won the egg and spoon and sack races:

BOROUGH finished their pre-season campaign by running out deserving winners in a well contested Cup Final against London Colney. Haringey dominated the game for very long periods and but for good goalkeeping by Colney's custodian, more decisive finishing could well have seen the game made more comfortable for Haringey.

Borough enjoyed the greater share of possession in the first half but lacked the final killer ball to make the most of it. Haringey's best chance of the first half was created by new striker Wayne Grant, who picked the ball up inside his own half, dribbled through the Colney defence and also rounded the goalkeeper but took the ball slightly wide of the goal and was forced to cut it back and the ball was cleared by a covering defender.

The second half saw Haringey step up the pressure on the Colney goal once again with Melvin Thompson coming desperately close to scoring after a very good move, only being denied his first goal for the club by a fingertip save by the visitors goalkeeper.

A very strong defensive and midfield performance by Haringey restricted Colney to only one real shot on target in the game, and also provided a good spring board for Haringey attacks.

The winning goal came from a free-kick which was met by the head of Andy Stokes. The free-kick was won by a foul on the tricky Jamie Millberry on the edge of the box. Stokes met the cross perfectly to put Borough in the lead.

Colney stepped up their challenge for an equalizer and hit the cross bar from a wide angled shot towards the end of the match, which was Colneys first real shot on target in the game, and could have taken the game to penalties had it been fractionally lower and brought about a drawn match.

This was a good end to Haringey's pre-season activity The teams last three games have been against teams from higher placed leagues and resulted in two wins and only one defeat in a closely contested 1-0 loss to Aveley.

Why was I not invited out of interest unless the invitation got lost in the post along with 'the great one's'. I may have been able to drop in for half an hour or so on my way to the BBC Radio London broadcast at Brimsdown Rovers.