Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Football Man - No not at all, Ronaldo has alredady made it in the game and is arguably the best player in the World today, Toto Temile hasn't made it as yet hence the word 'promising' however will reach Ronaldo's level in another year or two.

With all the transfer speculation going on at the moment i havent heard Tot's name mentioned with ANY team let alone the english top 4.

Whats the odd's this fact doesnt change?

3praise - Really, well there's Bolton, Portsmouth, Everton and Rangers for starters the last time I heard however he is holding out for a bigger Club to show an interest. I gather he had yet another blinder for an under strength Israel side at the weekend in Macedonia to heap even more pressure on England's beleaguered Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

3praise - Sorry to trouble you but I have something to run past you if you don't mind which was in our local rag as follows entitled 'Helping Hand For Refugees'.

'Football is being used as a way to build up the self esteem of refugees and asylum seekers in Haringey. The Somali Bravanese Association in London runs football coaching sessions for children at Broadwater Farm Community Centre every Sunday between 4.00 and 6.30. Mohamed Hagi-Munye, Secretary of the Association said 'it is an effective way to build up the pride among our disadvantaged children. Go to www.somali-bravanese.ik.com to find out more'.

This is the very same Somali Bravanese Association in London that I set up a ground breaking partnership with when I was at Haringey only for 'Sugar' to knock that on the head too and have their members unceremoniously frogmarched off the premises and told never to return. What have you got to say about that out of curiosity.

Spidermanor - You've been on here quite a bit today which is unusual for you, any reason for that. I've given Gavin plenty of opportunities to PM me his home address so I can send him a cheque, I think I've asked him five or six times or failing that I'm happy to meet him in Central London.

• 3 weeks later...

3praise - It's the Haringey Community Festival and Carnival today in Bruce Castle Park with some 50,000 people attending. Out of interest will Haringey Borough be represented in some capacity in order to spread the word about all the great things that are happening at the Club at present particularly on the Youth Development side.

3praise - Sorry to trouble you again but I have another question if you don't mind. I noticed the following on 'our' Website being shouted about from the roof tops however I have to say that I'm confused of Tunbridge Wells. 'We' always used to train at the White Hart Lane Community Sports Centre as I had painstakingly arranged this with the Haringey Football Development Officer Sarah Train who gave the Club special rates. Could you possibly clarify this as saying that 'it has long been the ambition of the team to train there' is a little misleading don't you think. Thanks for your help:

TRAINING AT WHITE HART LANE COMMUNITY CENTRE BOOKED

'For the First Team's Mid-Season training, the Club is delighted to have secured the use of the superb artificial pitch facility at THE WHITE HART LANE COMMUNITY CENTRE (formerly New River Sports Centre) just 500 yards along from our ground in White Hart Lane.

It has long been an ambition of the Team to be able to train there and avoidance of the difficulties encountered last season, when venues as far away as Chadwell Heath had to be used, should greatly improve development of the teams "togetherness" and enable all the squad to train as a unit regularly'.

Funnily enough Rhodes the people at the White Hart Lane Community Centre do remember you, and it was because of your negotiating that the club couldnt use their facilities last year and had to make do with a spot in Chadwell Heath - its only now that they realise you no long work for Haringey that they have let us use it again! Funny that isn't it!!!!

What do you mean by that, I had the likes of Sarah Train, Paul Ely and Burk Gravis not so much eating but scoffing pig like out of the palm of my hand in order to give the Club a good deal on the state of the art astroturf surface which 'we' had. Anyway that's beside the point as the Website is carrying misleading information and needs to be changed with immediate effect otherwise I may be forced to take the matter further.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Why is it misleading, clip Rods? It says that they weren't at the WHL Community Centre last season but have secured use of that venue this season. 3praise has subsequently backed up the validity of that statement. It makes perfect sense to me.

Football Man - I repeat, the Website misleadingly stated that 'it has long been the ambition of the team to play there' which suggests that Haringey have never used the facility before which they have. 3praise backing up the validity of the statement just adds to the blatant lie similar to when the Club told a Biggleswade Town Committee member that the memorabilia in the 'boardroom' had been removed due to smoke damage.

3praise - During your lunch hour at work today would you mind putting the record straight on this and also text or give your Website Manager a call to tell him to amend the wording to reflect that the First Team have indeed trained at the facility previously. Many thanks in anticipation.

Rhodes true or false haringey trained in Chadwell heath last season? If your answer is true which it should be seeing as you are such a fan and would know such things - then you would also know that this wasnt ideal for most players and so it was the clubs ambition to train at White Hart Lane Community centre as its an ideal position and suits everybody at the club!

The wording does not need amending as no is no word of a lie in it.

I hpe this clears it all up for you - now a question for you - are KTFC going to issue a public thank you to Haringey as it was us who got you where you are today?? or just be ignorant and say you did it all yourselves?

I don't know where 'we' trained last season but if it was Chadwell Heath then I have no reason to doubt you, I'm sure it wasn't as inconvenient as you make out as I gather a lot of the squad are still from the East London area and Ged is presumably still based in Bethnal Green. Anyway what exactly was the problem with the White Hart Lane Community Sports Centre during last season, why didn't someone from the Club contact me and I would have soon squared it away with Sarah Train from the Council or Spurs who part own and run the Centre, I would have been more than happy to oblige for old times sake.

Like i said rhodes the people down there never wanted anything to do with you so we wasnt able to train there - when we informed them you wasnt apart of the club they lifted the ban and we resumed training on their facilities!

3praise - You really make me laugh and you think you have an answer for everything, 'Sugar' must be proud of you. I am still very much in contact with the people who run the Centre through the Community work I am involved with and they already knew I had left the Club, they certainly don't have any difficulty with me whatsoever. Anyway if what you say was true then how come it took you a year to let them know that I had departed and you didn't simply renew the booking at the start of last season.

we had to provide proof u wasnt with the club any more in case you was somehow still connected to the club or we where hiding you until they sign - and then unleash you on them!!

why is it such an issue to you that Haringey are now training where they want to train?