Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tommy Lambourne

Yes I had just come onto the scene around that time, he was something similar to Takumi and everyone soon realised that he should be playing at a much higher level, I think Borehamwood snapped him up or it might have been Aylesbury United. Reference your earlier comment about the Gothia Cup you're right it was the 'losers' trophy they won but that doesn't make it any less an achievement, they beat some top World sides and didn't concede a goal throughout mind you that's no surprise with the likes of Lambourne, Tommy Cantana, Uduma, Santos, Milton Fantis, Tom Martin, Lee White and the Great Leon Rolle in the team.

So where are these world beaters plying their trade now? (apologies to any emabarassment caused to any of them who may read this.)

Quote:
Rhodes said:
about the Gothia Cup you're right it was the 'losers' trophy they won but that doesn't make it any less an achievement

Once again I'm being drawn into apparent criicism of innocent third parties by a Rhodes comment, so I apologise to the boys involved!
Of course it was a lesser achievement Rhodes! The winners of the real competion achieved more, and what about the runners-up, and the third and fourth place teams, and...
There's no wonder you get the rise taken out of you on here. "Losers" competitions are an integral part of youth tournaments, to keep the boys interested after they've been KNOCKED OUT

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Reference your earlier comment about the Gothia Cup you're right it was the 'losers' trophy they won

Hardly makes them "all-conquering", does it?

Honestly, how do you expect anybody to take anything you say about Kentish Town seriously when it has been clearly proved on so many occasions (this being just one of them) that you are constantly over-exagerating things almost to the point of lying about them?

I can only assume Gregg doesn't read this site, as he would be mortified at the "laughing stock" reputation you are giving his club - regardless of your current League position.

Quote:
Potters Bar Town FC said:
Honestly, how do you expect anybody to take anything you say about Kentish Town seriously when it has been clearly proved on so many occasions (this being just one of them) that you are constantly over-exagerating things almost to the point of lying about them? I can only assume Gregg doesn't read this site, as he would be mortified at the "laughing stock" reputation you are giving his club - regardless of your current League position.
I think you're only saying that because you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder over the ground share at Parkfield last season, as I keep saying look at the league table which is also all Gregg is concerned about, don't forget he's not an Aki 'Sugar' Achillea. As for the Gothia Cup in July 2005, Haringey lost one game in the group stages through a last minute disputed goal, then two Swedish sides did an Austria v West Germany to prevent them qualifying, they would have walked the main competition otherwise without breaking sweat.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
I think you're only saying that because you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder over the ground share at Parkfield last season, as I keep saying look at the league table which is also all Gregg is concerned about, don't forget he's not an Aki 'Sugar' Achillea. As for the Gothia Cup in July 2005, Haringey lost one game in the group stages through a last minute disputed goal, then two Swedish sides did an Austria v West Germany to prevent them qualifying, they would have walked the main competition otherwise without breaking sweat.

November is going to be such a good month.

Quote:
Is that a fact or is it a biased opinion? In any case, just because somebody disputes it, it doesn't mean it wasn't a goal.
Yes that is absolute fact, 'we' were robbed in a big way although 'we' also drew a game 'we' should have won in the group stages and that would have put 'us' through to the next phase. The achievement of winning the 'losers' competition without conceding a goal should not be underestimated, it was probably of a higher standard than the main competition.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Quote:
Is that a fact or is it a biased opinion? In any case, just because somebody disputes it, it doesn't mean it wasn't a goal.
Yes that is absolute fact, 'we' were robbed in a big way although 'we' also drew a game 'we' should have won in the group stages and that would have put 'us' through to the next phase. The achievement of winning the 'losers' competition without conceding a goal should not be underestimated, it was probably of a higher standard than the main competition.

Another good one.
I trust PBT that you have noted this one.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
The achievement of winning the 'losers' competition without conceding a goal should not be underestimated, it was probably of a higher standard than the main competition.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
The achievement of winning the 'losers' competition without conceding a goal should not be underestimated, it was probably of a higher standard than the main competition.

PBT, is this another quote worthy of automatic entry to the end of season grand finale.

Rhodes has said some rubbish in his time on this board but in my opinion this has to be his finest piece of drivel yet.

I think if we are to have a quote of the month competition then surely 3praise is the one to base it on rather than myself, he comes out with some corkers which Rak will no doubt endorse and I wonder whether he has actually ever set foot inside Coles Park.

You could always set up your own contest...it must be pretty boring at 3.27am.