Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

what happend at the game?

Veaney

all the abuse hurled at the kids at the front were from the other group that have been mentioned on here before and we were getting a lot back aswell. There were songs that were quite abusive and virtually of the main choir did not join in. However we did join in with some of the banter, which i thought was in good order.

I just want too add that in the first half who ever joined in with the singing who hadn't done before, thank you very much on helping to create a good atmosphere and we really do appreciate it, hope to see you guys singing with us again in the near future.

I have to say that I agree totally with Geoff Pay re allowing drink on the terraces. I assume of course that he means alcohol.

It always amazes me that people have to drink anyway during a football match (alright, I am aware of the financial aspect and the bar takings). Surely the sale of alcohol during the game (including half time) could be curtailed. As I understand it the pubs get used before and after the game anyway.

Money is money I suppose but there is a responsibility there.

Why blame the stewards - are we supposed to just blindly accept that people must get drunk at a football match?

Well, never mind an isolated incident, we should not allow this to be the main talking point.

There was so much more than that. The weather was great, the ground welcoming, most of us enjoyed a beer or two without going bananas, the crowd was massive for the fixture, we won, and saw two special goals from our lads, we had a sing song, I thought the confetti at the start was brilliant - well done to the industrious ones who made it. The cheeseburger was good, too.

And we are through to the next round, so roll on Monday for the draw.

No, I have no problem with drinking at all.

I was merely making an initial observation and view following those of GP & GW and then following up on AT who said that the problems were alcohol related (or words to that effect) and made a response to a statement which I felt was not quite fair re the stewarding.

It seems to me that the people who have responded on here accept the responsibility for their actions and I am sure that they, like me, would not expect the stewards to bear the brunt of it.

i did not get involved with anything that happened yesterday, but you surely cannot say that there was the correct number of stewards at the game. When called upon to do their duties they done well there is no disputing that, but to have a hanful of stewards at a game with a big crowd is not acceptable and this has been made to be a bigger incident then it actually was.

Quote:
BIG_RON said:
as usual there was Ali Bongo right at the front when the trouble started.

Ali bongo is no longer part of the choir since he became a part time supporter, only seems to turn up at the 'bigger' games and i for 1 do not associate myself with him any longer, so please refrain from associating ali with the choir its not fair on us lot

Quote:
Alex Tucker said:
i did not get involved with anything that happened yesterday, but you surely cannot say that there was the correct number of stewards at the game. When called upon to do their duties they done well there is no disputing that, but to have a hanful of stewards at a game with a big crowd is not acceptable and this has been made to be a bigger incident then it actually was.

Don't know if you are a member of said choir or not but if you are going to stand with them and provoke rival fans then you must surely accept a partial responsibilty in the reaction it creates, having been a one time hoolie I know how it works and to expect the stewards to cover for you is foolish indeed, maybe you should take a look at the real world.

And maybe you should get your facts straight. I am part of the 'said choir' and, as ever, we were happy to have a bit of banter with the opposing fans, including the kids who were at the front. And that's all it was: I would hardly say that singing "Part-time supporters" is anything more than just banter. But thats where it should end: banter. We were not looking for a fight. The actions of a select few Whitstable 'fans' were disgusting. There is no place in football for 'charging' at opposing fans, throwing bottles. We certainly did not 'provoke' them into it.

what does that matter, we done it at Gravesend and nothing happened. At the World cup you had supporters of different countries sitting together and nothing happened, it is just the same as an unsegregated game. Choirs of other sets of supporters stand with our supporters when we are at home and nothing happens.