Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Clement Temile thread

Originally Posted By: Wader
I do have to question why the Nigeria job is such a lofty goal for someone that you have purported to be nothing less than the son of God, if not God himself. Indeed, is this not a step down for him?

Even if that was the case it still wouldn't be giving 'the great one' the credit he deserves for firstly agreeing to join Kentish Town on a purely voluntary basis and secondly for for his extraordinary achievements in taking the Club to the verge of promotion to the Premier Division with the limited resources available to him. The Nigerian FA are no fools and I'm sure will appoint him knowing that he has God like status with the Nigerian people as I witnessed first hand at the Ghana v Nigeria friendly at Brentford, lets face it he couldn't do any worse than Bertie Vogts.

or even 2008 James Peters

Berti Vogts was not the success that Nigeria had hoped for...but neither was Augustine Eguavoen

or Christian Chukwu

or Adegboyega Onigbinde

or Shaibu Amodu

or Johannes Bonfrere

or Thijs Libregts

or Bora Milutinović

or Monday Sinclar

or Philippe Troussier

AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON duck

James Peters has only succeeded Bertie Vogts in a caretaker capacity however already he has raised some eyebrows at the Nigerian FA with his forward thinking approach, there is talk of Peters and 'the great one' working hand in hand in a joint role but all will be revealed in the next few days. My heart hopes that Clement doesn't get the job as it will mean he leaves Kentish Town but my head obviously hopes that he does.

I think you'll find they are the wrong colour

I see that 'the great one' was all over the Nigerian National press like a rash on Sunday, I have it on good authority that the Nigerian FA may be about to hand him the reins to take the Super Eagles to the 2010 World Cup. What have the likes of Football Man, Horace, Lato and Hordes got to say to that:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/24032008/news/sports3.html

Will believe it when i see it, and will personally come to a Kentish Town game to apologise to you in person, IF he gets the job! Will have to be a Reserve team game though, I guess.

That article is by him and gives no credence to your claims, only that he is there pressing his claim!

Horace - What on earth are you talking about in that the article gives no credence to my claims and that 'the great one' is only in deepest Lagos pressing his claim, why don't you simply give him some credit for a change. Try this article for size then, hopefully the link will work:

http://islingtonnow.co.uk/?p=259

Thanks for that link Rhodes, I now know my closest Post Office is up for closure! Also a little recommendation on there for Mem & Laz which I whole heartedly recommend for VFM food and atmosphere...

PS ... shouldn't that article have a different name for the author?

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Thanks for that link Rhodes, I now know my closest Post Office is up for closure! Also a little recommendation on there for Mem & Laz which I whole heartedly recommend for VFM food and atmosphere...

NeutralFan - Sorry, was it the wrong link, I'll see if I can cut and paste the article into a post instead but it won't have the photo of 'the great one' I'm afraid.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - What on earth are you talking about in that the article gives no credence to my claims and that 'the great one' is only in deepest Lagos pressing his claim, why don't you simply give him some credit for a change. Try this article for size then, hopefully the link will work:

http://islingtonnow.co.uk/?p=259

Don't make me laugh! The whole of that article was inspired by you. As I said, Temile gets the job, i will come to Copthall and apologise to you in person!

Originally Posted By: Bitch

My favourite quote from the excellent article

Bitch - I don't think Forum members fully appreciate how high profile 'the great one' really is and, like the article says, to be plying his trade at Step 6 level is unprecedented. Did you ever see this article about him:

http://sports.walla.co.il/?w=/157/1055806