Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
is he any relation to Peter Fenn, the guy who worked with Nicholas Parsons on the Sale of the Century.

TheSpursFan - Do you remember Peter Fenn then, I see that he's already the talk of the town on other Forums but I can't say I've ever heard of him, personally I would have stuck with Ged Searson who had stayed loyal to 'us' and could have easily walked away at the end of last season when 'we' were relegated:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1237708/Main/110330/#Post1237708

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: thespursfan
is he any relation to Peter Fenn, the guy who worked with Nicholas Parsons on the Sale of the Century.

TheSpursFan - Do you remember Peter Fenn then, I see that he's already the talk of the town on other Forums but I can't say I've ever heard of him, personally I would have stuck with Ged Searson who had stayed loyal to 'us' and could have easily walked away at the end of last season when 'we' were relegated:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1237708/Main/110330/#Post1237708

yes indeed rhodsey but fenny is the real deal and proven.....hang on to your hat as he catapults his new club into the stratsosphere...

Sorry to say this folks but I give him till the end of the season, he doesn't seem to be the sort of guy to be dictated to, Ken Bates, Simon Jordan and Deadly Doug Ellis style

I gather Peter Fenn is in one of the attached photographs but I haven't got a Scooby Doo of what he looks like, could someone tell me:

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/olympic

Here we go, anyone would think 'your friend' Gordon Boateng had been appointed

No not really, two completely different personalities. Although both do know a lot of players.

You've never heard of Fenny, let alone seen a team he's turned out or met him. Any comment you make on this one Cec is pure conjecture or flight of fancy.

Whether his style will suit HB and the setup at that club remains to be seen, but on paper it is a good call, whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Minerva Spartan South Midlands League club Haringey Borough have announced the appointment of Julian Josef Hudson as their new manager.
Hudson has been appointed to manage and oversee the development of football at the North London club. He replaces former Chatham Town midfielder Kenny Dyer, who did a tremendous job in steering the club away from the relegation spots last season and everyone at the club is delighted that his outstanding talents have secured him a managerial position in the professional football field overseas (although the destination is unknown).

I would have appointed another player Manager in 'the great' Kenny Dyer mould for example who saved 'us' from certain relegation in 2004/2005 (see above). I'm still in close contact with Kenny who is the Montserrat National Team Manager as well as Coach at a Cypriot First Division Club and he is devastated that all his hard work and the concrete foundations he laid at Coles Park have been undone.

Quote:

Coles Park
Nov 3, 2007
3:00 pm
Spartan South Midlands League
With both teams very attack minded this was an entertaining match to start new Borough Manager Allan Fenn's reign and both 'keepers were busy throughout. Borough fell behind after 8 minutes when Edison Brahimi advanced to the edge of his penalty area to collect a long through ball which did not quite run quickly enough for him and Alistair Shearer nicked it away from him and rolled it into the vacant net. Daniel Ailey rounded the visiting keeper and directed his shot goalwards but slightly too softly and a covering defender was able to turn it away for a corner. But Sam Joiner fed a fine ball to Ronardson Obinna in the 20th minute and he finished clinically. However Borough were quickly behind again when the ever dangerous Shearer drove home from a tight angle. There were chances at both ends with Mark Maher screwing a good opportunity wide and a rocket header from Andy Stokes as he met a free kick flashed inches wide of the top corner. Borough drew level after 39 minutes when Obinnna outpaced the defence and again finished accurately. The second half was only two minutes old when the sheer persistence of Chima Obiji enabled him to dispossess a defender when no real danger seemed present well out on the right and he cut in to lash home a ferocious shot. Obinna flashed a header from a corner just over the bar as he chased a hat-trick. But Cranfield gave Brahimi and the Borough defence plenty to worry about throughout the half and Borough had to survive a series of late free kicks in very dangerous areas and did so, but not without some nail-biting moments as Cranfield pressed forward in numbers and played football way above that to be expected from a team so low in the table and which will surely propel them upwards. Meanwhile, Borough move back to the top of the table as other results went their way.
Borough squad:- Edison Brahimi, Adepitan Adewale, Harry Hillyard, Kieran Donnelly, Andrew Stokes, Tommy Lambourne, Mark Maher, Sam Joiner, Chima Obiji, Daniel Ailey, Ronardson Obinna
Substitutes used:- Jamaal Duncan, Michael Ingall-Clark, Gary Silvera

I have it on good authority that 'our' new boss Peter Fenn watched the game from the stand last Saturday and that 'Sugar' picked the team hence Harry Hillyard's inclusion, perhaps 3praise can make a dramatic return and confirm this was the case:

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/content/haringey/tottenhamjournal/sport/story.aspx?brand=HCEJOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sporttwgj&itemid=WeED07%20Nov%202007%2016%3A32%3A36%3A023

I note that it has been absolutely hammering it down with rain this afternoon, it's just as well 'we're' not at home on Saturday as, other than Ruislip Manor and Stony Stratford Town it would be the first postponement of the season