Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What's it like to see a crowd?

Rob_the_Saint

Originally Posted By: Rob_the_Saint
How many are you getting at Boretree these days, Iron Webbo?

Just over 700 these days Rob. We're making progress!

Nice to see my 8' fence still doing a good job. And those crash barriers bring back memories - I remember Leigh, Paul and me taking a week off work in a freezing cold January to put all those in place. God it was cold!

See you next season.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve kept a keen eye on your club’s progress since my adopted side (Enfield Town) played you last season in the FA Cup. To be fair, we were the better side in the game at Goldsdown Road. I came to the replay at Clarence Park. I’m sure you remember the game - there were as many Towners there as there were Saints fans! Since then, I’ve wanted to see the Saints do well and I’ve seen the team home and away whenever Enfield Town and York City games don’t clash.

I came up to Clarence Park on Saturday because Enfield Town’s match was postponed. I’ll be there again when you play Morcambe and I’ll be at KitKat Crescent when the Saints play the mighty York City in March.

Originally Posted By: Laz
It's not surprising that Enfield Town would bring a few for what would be their biggest ever game!

I agree with you it probably was one of our biggest ever games but we the club is only 5 years old! Having said that, if we go up this season and you go down, we’ll only be one division below St Albans City FC.

The original Enfield FC were a bigger Club than St Albans City and you’ve got to remember history has a strange habit of repeating itself! Enfield Town are a new club and we’re on the up. We look forward to meeting you in the Conference South one day soon.

I agree it probaly wasn't 50/50 but we won't go there!