Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I might hack of a few of you but here goes...

Mr Happy

I feel that the club is wrong to charge fans for entry to the presentation evening. I know we are a fans owned club with no sugar daddy and rely on the fans to fund our club but it just seems that anything we do has to be used as a fund raising exercise. It is my view that to charge for the end of season presentation (and hopefully promotion celebration) is a step too far. I am sure that there will be raffles to raise funds and why not have an auction (signed shirts etc) but with these it is the fans' choice as to whether they want to hand over any more of their cash. It isn't the money (£3 is not much to me although to others it may be) it is the principal. I'm not going to throw the toys out of the pram and boycott the evening but do feel that there shouldn't be a charge for this type of event.

i know it is not my club but if the club charges for every event sooner or later people will start to drift away,surely at such an evening that if free there are other ways of making money,ie through the drinks,or a couple of 50/50's,raffles or a donation bucket where people have the chance to donate should they wish,sometimes the wish to make money for a club can go to far!

Exactly my point. If we hold the event at Brimmo then I would hope that we would not be charged as they would make a lot of cash out of booze sales. If we hold it at the church hall we have used recently, surely the cost of hall hire would be covered by the profits from running our own bar. For this reason, why should the evening run at a loss?

No, I don't wish to sponsor the evening. However, my point still stands. Sometimes the club should include such events in the budget. I don't want to get into an argument with anyone over this, I just feel that charging for an end of season presentation evening is going a bit too far.

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
The food & trophies do have to be paid for.
Would you like to sponsor the evening so we can let everyone in for nothing?.

If any one else wants to organise Presentation. Be my Guest. It takes an awful lot of organising, even getting a date was hard enough, fitting it in round Play Offs & Cup Finals.

I know we have never charged for Presentation before, but there has been an awful lot of things to pay out for recently. New Medical Room, Safety Signs, pitch maintenance but to name a few & next Season we will be needing a new kit. What we get through the Turnstiles does not pay for all these things, that's why we have to constantly fund raise. We don't have nor want a Sugar Daddy. What we do need is our OWN SOCIAL CLUB, which would give us an income stream other than just the Footie.

Ok Rant over!!

evil2

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Exactly my point. If we hold the event at Brimmo then I would hope that we would not be charged as they would make a lot of cash out of booze sales. If we hold it at the church hall we have used recently, surely the cost of hall hire would be covered by the profits from running our own bar. For this reason, why should the evening run at a loss?

We used to hold all our events at Brimmo, and YES we did have to pay & Yes they got ALL THER BAR TAKINGS.

We will cover the cost of the Hall Hire through the Bar but as I said in my other Post we need new Kit next Season & Believe me that don't come cheap, and also there are still a few bits and pieces to be done around the ground. It does not take much adding up does it.

affig

Gilli. Eveyone has a great deal of admiration for all you do at ETFC in the same way that they do for Arky. I know that the club has to fund itself, I just feel that the club is wrong to charge for an event of this type.

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
The food & trophies do have to be paid for.
Would you like to sponsor the evening so we can let everyone in for nothing?.

Why not PM us with the date, venue and expected costs so we can decide what we might wish to sponsor!

I will try to remember to bring some raffle prizes down to the Witham game.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Not sure what date the presentaion evening is?

If its after the first play-off game,this could be a bit dodgy.Last seasons presentation evening was cancelled after we lost the play-off game to Wivenhoe.Nobody in the mood..etc.

It's May 12th, the week after the play-off final (So lets hope for a double celebration).