Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I might hack of a few of you but here goes...

Mr Happy

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Imagine, Ryman Prem next season. Bigger crowds and back to the league (albeit now a step below where it used to be) that we left when we formed ETFC.

ETFC was formed in 2001 and have never been in the Ryman Premier League as you well know. A majority of supporters left EFC when they were in that league. Any promotion ETFC attain is purely ETFC's and no one elses. Some people will soon be saying we should be in the Conference next, or Amateur Champions of Europe!

In terms of charging for the presentation evening - halls cost money, food costs money, as does everything else. There are even a few people who give up their time to organise, set up prepare food, and clear up all in their own time for free. There is an expectation that supporters will turn up for events which have been put on for their benefit. No matter how many people turn up, there is still a lot to do which costs money(bit like a match day really when the same usual few start work at 11.45am and do not finish until at least 6.00pm!).

In essence then, some events are put on to raise money whilst others are not. The committe who put this together are not expecting to make money, just cover costs.

Quiz nights and race nights, etc are there to make the money which goes to the Supporters' Club and hopefully encourage new people to join in with the fun. Should our supporters from 'our club' not attend these evenings, then it's time to try other things to raise money. However, there is always a cost. All ideas and assistance are welcome, as have been asked before on many, many, many, many occasions.

I'll say this now. If we are good enough to go up, then this club will need a whole host of new people to assist on matchdays, etc, because we will not be able to rely on the same few. Mind you, this request will probably fall on deaf ears!

Now that's something to rant about.

Here's looking towards Saturday's win and ETFC going second in the table.

the ryman premier is on sky sports news,up the urchins,we will be famous again!

see you lot at brimmo for the play offs,really looking forward to supporting town as i have a soft spot for you as southgate road was the first decent ground i ever played on and although you are not there anymore i know you wouldn't have formed town unless you loved the club and its history,oh and by the way mr happy did you enjoy the barber of seville tonight mate?????

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist

see you lot at brimmo for the play offs,really looking forward to supporting town as i have a soft spot for you as southgate road was the first decent ground i ever played on and although you are not there anymore i know you wouldn't have formed town unless you loved the club and its history,oh and by the way mr happy did you enjoy the barber of seville tonight mate?????

I'm glad you enjoyed playing at Southgate Road as ETFC used to play at Southbury Road! Did you play on your own?

It was Southbury Road you gooner scum!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

I'm glad you enjoyed playing at Southgate Road as ETFC used to play at Southbury Road! Did you play on your own?

We never played at Southbury Road Andy EFC did!!!!

giggle

Whether we charge for tickets or not, I just hope that loads of supporters turn up as it's all about having a good time, and it will make all the hard work that has been put in throughout the Season worth while.

happy

He must be the only one!!! crazy

i meant southbbury road,just had a few sherbets,my reasoning for it was that without the original enfield fc and the split etc etc you would never have formed so you all must of been enfield fans in the first place,as enfield (who play at ware) are not in the play offs i will be supporting you lot as i have fond memories of enfield,now stick that in your pipe mr happy and smoke it you dirty spud!

I think its an outrageous suggestion from happy that anyone should be allowed into events without charge...good lord we are turning into a nation of scroungers..freeloaders and beggars....I am going to write a letter to the Times about the disgraceful decline in social manners in this once great country...

charge 'em all a tenner and double the price of beer....bring back national service and the rope...grin