Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Midlands League AGM

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I'm still expecting you to show up just to be seen.

clip Rods, I didn't like going to the SSML AGM when I had to! In any case, I no longer have a direct connection with an SSML club which, although it doesn't preclude me from posting on this forum (as everybody knows), does mean that I am not allowed to attend in the highly unlikely event that I wanted to.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Actually I'm surprised that the SSML don't consider holding the AGM at Haringey Borough's Coles Park home, they would happily supply a banquet fit for a king although I suppose it is too far for the majority of Club's to travel.

Haha. Is that like Wembley, a public transport only destination?

Wader - how come you've never been there?

Quote:
Wader - how come you've never been there?

I have been there.

Coles Park was also used last season for Enfield Towns Capital League games - well in part, the pitch was so crap they had to ditch some fixtures.

Wader - for your information the pitch problem is being sorted out this season with investment being poured into the holes in the ground!!! so for future reference the pitch might have been crap once but it shouldnt be from now on.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
so for future reference the pitch might have always been crap but it shouldnt be from now on.

Wader - for your information the pitch problem is being sorted out this season with investment being poured into the holes in the ground!!! so for future reference the pitch might have been crap once but it shouldnt be from now on.

I thought it was pretty good when we played you a couple of months ago, bar a couple of scarred areas.

Thank you RobbieO the work before the season started enabled the majority of the pitch to be of a good standard apart from as you say the scarred areas - these areas will be worked on this summer and so a nice surface should be in place for our promotion push next season.

I must admit it's been better in recent times than 'back in the day'. You used to have to pick golf balls out of the pitch during the warm up!!

RobbieO - I think you mean the 2004/2005 season when we played at Coles Park, that was your promotion year and I think we gave you your two toughest games of the campaign. We plied our trade at Potters Bar Town in 2005/2006 (unfortunately). Also golf balls weren't the only thing you used to pick up from the hallowed Coles Park turf and still aren't!

Representatives of Edgware Town will definately be attending the Spartan League AGM even if only to say goodbye to some of the good freinds we have made in what has been a great season for the club. Don't worry we will not allow Gavin to bring his airhorn!

RobbieO - I think you mean the 2004/2005 season when we played at Coles Park, that was your promotion year and I think we gave you your two toughest games of the campaign. We plied our trade at Potters Bar Town in 2005/2006 (unfortunately). Also golf balls weren't the only thing you used to pick up from the hallowed Coles Park turf and still aren't!

probably - Memory isnt the best these days.

Rhodes you havent been there at all this year so how do you know what the turf is like? unless of course you have popped back to the ground like the mole you are and had a sniff around. my guess is that everytime you get on the W3 bus you sit upstairs to have a look at the ground and think of the memories you had there - no wonder you are always depressed!!

Originally Posted By: RobbieO

I thought it was pretty good when we played you a couple of months ago, bar a couple of scarred areas.

You're having a Giraffe. Toward the end of last season it looked like Al-Quaeda had been using it for grenade throwing practice. Even the Attorney General couldn't defend the 2 and 8 of that ground. Nice people though.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
so for future reference the pitch might have always been crap but it shouldnt be from now on.

Are you calling a halt to the midnight smash a bottle on the pitch parties then?

yes we are as we wont be playing any of the biggleswade teams next year so there will be no need to make them feel like they are playing at home!

The downside for you not playing us next season is that's 6 guaranteed points you've lost straight away!

Originally Posted By: Wader
You're having a Giraffe. Toward the end of last season it looked like Al-Quaeda had been using it for grenade throwing practice. Even the Attorney General couldn't defend the 2 and 8 of that ground. Nice people though.

As I haven't been on for a while there has been a lot of activity on this thread I would like to comment on however this post by Wader stood out particularly the highlighted part, I see that he has also been taken in hook line and sinker. Incidentally was it you who enquired as to the whereabouts of all the football memorabilia that has disappeared from the 'boardroom' since you last visited Coles Park and the reply from the Club Secretary was 'sorry guv fire damage' or words to that effect. If so let me know and I will give you a different version of events later on.