Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Midlands League AGM

Originally Posted By: Football Man

I must be very high up in your estimation if you are so keen to get my opinion of your work.

If you are indeed the forum legend, and I have no reason to doubt that, it is clear that any passing congratulatory comment from yourself would be taken in high esteem. You have chosen to withold your patronage in this instance, which is your perogative. But your doing so has obviously hurt Cecil a tadge.

You should be proud of the 'power' you wield and perhaps leave it at that.

I will re-itterate though that my admiration goes out to ALL those who produce their club programme week in, week out.

Wader - Thanks again for your kind support, you certainly seem to know what you're talking about and I assume that you were a programme editor yourself once. It was very satisfying to win the prestigious award last Saturday after the painstaking work put in over the season, it's just as well that I wasn't at the AGM as I may have done a Gwyneth Paltrow when going up to collect it.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
Do you never sleep?

Very rarely as I am of the Margaret Thatcher School who can get by on two or three hours a night, I'm too busy spreading the gospel Worldwide to sleep.

Bitch - Is that right, we could go door to door together if you like, Jehovas Witness style however you will have to convert to Kentish Town.

Sorry I came on so late tonight, I've been out spreading the gospel. It's nice to find you here ready and waiting.

No don't worry, nothing ever gets to me even if a lot of the comments I have to endure on here from certain people are below the belt and make me depressed more than anything to think they can be so vindictive and small minded. At the end of the day I am only trying to progress my football Club and make them a force to be reckoned with, there is no hidden agenda and I'm as honest as the day is long.

I read many forums Rhodesy and they are the same over the whole country. You find very few posters like us that wish to discuss the beautiful game with like minded supporters. Most on forums seem to be on them just to vent thier anger at the world and try to belittle the 'chosen ones' while making themselves look very small and petty minded. I now know how Jesus must have felt when going among the people to preach what he believed in just to be stapled to the cross frown

Bitch - That's very interesting and I can tell that you will get on like a house on fire with 'the great one' when you meet him, he is deeply religious which is why I associate him with the Charlton Heston parting of the Red Sea scene in the Ten Commandments as it reminds me so much of him arriving at away grounds last season.

smile Just from the mere mention of his name on these forums i knew i'd have a connection to 'The Great One'. Like you and i he is a very humble person who goes about his business in a quiet and unassuming way. Others have noticed his greatness and are jealous. Beware the doubting Thomas's Rhodesy and the Judas's on here. Though i'm sure you've learnt from history. I look forward to meeting you both on the 13th and sharing the holy wine. smile

That's a great post and sums everything up perfectly, you really have a way with words. What I cannot fathom out for the life of me is why so many people on here put 'the great one' down all the time and want to see him fail, there have been a number of smear campaigns against him yet he has sailed through to the other side each time without batting an eyelid and that's mainly because he has the big man in the sky looking over him.

It's the English mentality evidently. When someone does well for themselves we allow them to climb to the top of the tree, only to try and take pot shots to bring them down. I don't include myself in this mentality, i feel on a higher plain to those who cannot recognise and applaud greatness.

I now have to go to bed. It's been a pleasure as always Rhodesy and i'll take that pleasure to my chamber with me. Nitey nite bisou

I think we both know who we're referring to here, I think people like Horace, Lato, Spidermanor, 3praise, Paulb and Maldini are reasonably harmless and deep down admire 'the great one' for his achievements as well as Kentish Town for our amazing coup in securing his services. With Football Man however it's different and there is a sinister undercurrent to his postings as if he genuinely dislikes him and will stop at nothing to put him and Kentish Town down and preferably out of business, how anyone can be like that is beyond me and it leaves me speechless.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I think we both know who we're referring to here, I think people like Horace, Lato, Spidermanor, 3praise, Paulb and Maldini are reasonably harmless and deep down admire 'the great one' for his achievements as well as Kentish Town for our amazing coup in securing his services. With Football Man however it's different and there is a sinister undercurrent to his postings as if he genuinely dislikes him and will stop at nothing to put him and Kentish Town down and preferably out of business, how anyone can be like that is beyond me and it leaves me speechless.

Have you ever considered that it's YOU that he genuinely dislikes? No-one on here has even met Mr Temile so far as I know (oops, sorry, 3Praise has). I have nothing whatsoever against him or against Kentish Town FC, but it makes my blood boil when you write such utter tripe about both. When Mr Temile has coached Kentish Town to the league title, I'll be one of the first to recognise him as having some talent - as it stands nothing has been proven.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Have you ever considered that it's YOU that he genuinely dislikes?

No I haven't considered that as what reason would he have to do so. When I was at Haringey we met on a regular basis and he didn't seem to have a problem with me at all, it was only when I joined Kentish Town that he started behaving in this fashion which makes me think it's the Club that he has a major difficulty with due to the ill fated groundshare at Parkfield that made him out to be very much a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Originally Posted By: Horace
I have nothing whatsoever against him or against Kentish Town FC, but it makes my blood boil when you write such utter tripe about both. When Mr Temile has coached Kentish Town to the league title, I'll be one of the first to recognise him as having some talent - as it stands nothing has been proven.

Well said, that man! applause