Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Midlands League AGM

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Rhodes why is it that people turn into "good forum members" when they either agree with you OR support something you say?

3praise - What are you going on about, people very rarely agree or support what I say on here for some reason and anyway it was just a general expression, I was encompassing everyone including you. By the way you still haven't told me what our beloved Haringey Borough are planning to do to celebrate their Centenary and it's 19 June today, there is no mention of any activities on the Website so I have today been forced to write a letter to my local MP, namely David Lammy, to ask him the question as I cannot get an answer from the Club.

NeutralFan - You seem tired today, what were you up to last night.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I have today been forced to write a letter to my local MP

Who has "forced" you, clip Rods? As an armchair supporter of the club, why can't you wait for something to appear on the website like everyone else? You have been told on numerous occasions that stories will appear there whenever the club has anything to say. You surely don't want your local MP knowing what a twat you are once he's heard both sides of the story?

Just getting extremely tired of your continual repetitive drivel, change the record!

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan

Just getting extremely tired of your continual repetitive drivel, change the record!

It's funny how one mans junk can be another mans/womans gold grin

I'm sorry, as much as I respect my fellow non-leaguers, if I had a blinding deal on prog printing somewhere I wouldn't be telling everyone where it was. Next thing you know you need your prog doing and the company are too busy with other peoples work. Oh no, that would stay my secret - and I'm sure it would yours!

If it is the case that he does it at work on their printer - then fair play to him. Hahahaha, if you yourself can't get access to one free at work don't get all jealous about it.

Nothing to do with jealousy, Wader. Just making the point that everyone could produce a programme the size of Kentish Town's if they had free access to the work photocopier and paper. If he produced it at his own expense and in his own time, as Jane does at Hoddesdon, he would probably gain a lot more respect. As it is, he won't/can't prove otherwise so the award goes down as a pretty hollow "victory" in my book.

Hmmm. You've let yourself down there. that's just dour nit-picking.

If your missus worked for a travel company and you got 80% off your holidays, would that make your 5* trip to Bora Bora or the Galapigos for 4 weeks less interesting or worthy of mention?

Discounts at a travel company, to quote your example, can be considered a perk of the job and a good motivational factor for workers. Using a company photocopier in work time at a Government Department is defrauding the tax payer. If the company's paper is being used, it could also be classified as theft.

In short, a staff discount is an offer by company management to its workers whereas using company equipment behind the company's back is usually a disciplinary offence.

Ok. You say we could all produce this marvellous programme if we also had access to a free printer (and paper perhaps). Would we?

It takes huge time and effort as well as dedication to produce the thing every home game. Would we all be capable of doing that suddenly just because we had access to a free printer? I don't believe that at all - but I do believe that this particular programme won an award on merit for the hard work that went into it that was amplified by its content.

If however you merely wish to nit-pick that Janes programme deserved it more because she had to pay for it at a printers - then my travel analogy stands.

Wader - Thanks ever so much for your kind comments and for defending me against the bogey man, it's much appreciated, I think you have Football Man sussed and people on here are finally seeing what he's all about. He has let himself down this time and it's just pure and utter nit picking, how he can say that the award is a pretty hollow victory in his book when we have turned over Hoddesdon Town's legendary weighty tome is beyond belief.

Football Man - I noted with keen interest that you came on at 7.45 this morning (allowing me to set my watch) and made just one silly post on another thread leaving this one well alone, I therefore rest my case. I think you need to read some of Wader's comments again when you have a bit of time later so they sink in, for example where he says that it takes huge time and effort as well as dedication to produce a programme for every home game, you should know this as well, if not better, than anyone on here yet you still chose to knock our prestigious award.

For your benefit, clip Rods, I didn't have much time to post this morning due to a dental appointment.

The bottom line here is that you have an in-built assumption that you should automatically be congratulated even when, as in my case, people's opinions are such that they don't feel there is a reason to do so. You have mentioned three people that have congratulated you on this forum (as is their prerogative) but what about all the other regular users of this forum that haven't? I must be very high up in your estimation if you are so keen to get my opinion of your work. If I feel you need to be congratulated for something then you will be. This isn't such an occasion, however.

As for me knowing "as well, if not better, than anyone on here" about editing programmes, I have already made it clear earlier in this thread that I believe the purpose of a programme is to inform spectators and not to win awards. I am aware that most "judges" of these types of awards will always be influenced more by quantity than quality and any of the single page programme editorials I have written over the years could quite easily be spread over a number of pages if I ever felt the need to "pad out" my programmes, but I've never really seen the point of that.

As for your nonsensical comment about thinking that you have me sussed and people on here finally seeing what I'm all about, don't you think that your refusal to answer the simple question about where you get your programmes printed, or to deny my suppositions about why this might be, mean that this statement could me more applicable to you?

Originally Posted By: Football Man
The bottom line here is that you have an in-built assumption that you should automatically be congratulated even when, as in my case, people's opinions are such that they don't feel there is a reason to do so. You have mentioned three people that have congratulated you on this forum (as is their prerogative) but what about all the other regular users of this forum that haven't? I must be very high up in your estimation if you are so keen to get my opinion of your work. If I feel you need to be congratulated for something then you will be. This isn't such an occasion, however.As for me knowing "as well, if not better, than anyone on here" about editing programmes, I have already made it clear earlier in this thread that I believe the purpose of a programme is to inform spectators and not to win awards. I am aware that most "judges" of these types of awards will always be influenced more by quantity than quality and any of the single page programme editorials I have written over the years could quite easily be spread over a number of pages if I ever felt the need to "pad out" my programmes, but I've never really seen the point of that. As for your nonsensical comment about thinking that you have me sussed and people on here finally seeing what I'm all about, don't you think that your refusal to answer the simple question about where you get your programmes printed, or to deny my suppositions about why this might be, mean that this statement could me more applicable to you?

I've highlighted certain extracts of your lengthy post to prove my point that you have a big chip on your shoulder and you are being bitter and twisted for no good reason. Despite what you say why can't you just bring yourself to utter that single word 'congratulations' as beating Hoddesdon to a programme award is no mean feat. Secondly judges aren't influenced by quantity over quality in the slightest, if they were then Chalfont St Peter's 24 page programme wouldn't have won the SSML Premier Division Programme Monthly award this year. Lastly, as Wader points out, why do I have to divulge where I get our programme printed, I'm afraid that's 'Royal Secret' particularly after winning this prestigious award.