Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Midlands League AGM

just to give you the otherside of the story before Rhodes provides spin of shane warne proportions - there was a fire at the club in which all of Rhodes' jumble sale clothes he had been saving under the main stand at the club was set fire two and so the family never had xmas presents. because of the excess of plastic shoes and plastic macs Rhodes had been buying at the bootsale the fire went on and was hard to put out - this in turn ruined the football memorabilia he has spoken of and he still wonders what it was he done to get fired!!! (excuse the pun)

3praise - I have only just picked myself up off the floor after reading that post and people in the internet cafe in Bruce Grove where I currently am are giving me some very funny looks. It's interesting that you got in first to try to deflect the infamous story of the fire knowing full well that what you say is not true. The football memorabilia was not damaged in the fire and 'Sugar' simply asked me to remove it saying it was a lot of rubbish, this was 'rubbish' that people made a b line for as soon as they entered the 'boardroom' including Ged who was the best customer, why don't you ask him. This rubber stamps what I mean about 'Sugar' not being a football man in the true sense of the word.

Surely Cecil whatever 'Sugar' is or isn't as you perceive him, he most certainly is in charge of what happens there. Whether you personally dislike him is of little interest to me. I always speak as I find and can only give them my best wishes.

Wader - That's fair enough and entirely your perogative, I speak as I find too and don't beat about the bush although unfortunately this regularly offends people who don't like the truth as has been the case on here on many occasions. Believe it or not I don't actually dislike 'Sugar' and bear the guy no ill will, all I'm saying is that he should not be Chairman of Haringey Borough Football Club and should step aside to allow a football man to take control so 'we' can finally move forward.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Rhodes you havent been there at all this year so how do you know what the turf is like? unless of course you have popped back to the ground like the mole you are and had a sniff around. my guess is that everytime you get on the W3 bus you sit upstairs to have a look at the ground and think of the memories you had there - no wonder you are always depressed!!

3praise - Actually you are not far off the mark as when I go past the ground on the W3 bus I do look across although I always tend to shake my head in sadness and think what might have been. Also when I occasionally walk past I crain my neck and have a look over the wall to see how the hallowed turf is looking so, in answer to your question, that's how I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the topic of this thread and it will be interesting to know who will be at the AGM on Saturday in order to put faces to names, I would be grateful if any members attending could make themselves known, I assume either Horace and HTFCew, or both, are representing Hertford Town, the New Bradwell St Peter guy will no doubt be there as he does everything at his Club, Wader from Biggleswade Town and possibly AWK. It will be interesting to see who represents Sport London e Benfica.

The big day has duly arrived folks, sadly I won't be present at the AGM due to a prior engagement and particularly in the light of 'Sugar's' appalling post yesterday for which he is being reported however I will be waiting with bated breath for any news filtering through from Caddington Football Club, if they have a computer at the Club or someone has a laptop with them perhaps they could kindly log on immediately following the meeting. Thanks, have a good meeting to whoever is attending.

Please see new thread "Kentish Town Win Top Award"

The proposed constitution was passed by the membership, so it's Beaconsfield and Hanwell in from relegation, Brimsdown and COCKFOSTERS promoted from Div 1, Haringey and Royston relegated to Div 1.

Sport London e Benfica are IN (Div1), along with Bedford Town Reserves and Cheshunt Reserves (also Div1). Hoddesdon Town (who else) sought assurance that, if the two reserve teams finished in the top two positions, it wouldn't block promotion for the other clubs, and this was given by the Chairman, Pat Burns.

A late plea from AFC Dunstable and Kings Langley to be promoted on the basis of groundsharing at Hemel Hempstead and Brache Sparta respectively was rejected by the member clubs.

Reserve Div 1 will play each other 3 times as there are only 12 clubs.

Other awards:

Club Secretary - Dave Brock (London Colney)

Alf Joyce Trophy - Maurice Barber (Stony Stratfor Town)

Sportsman Award - Biggleswade United(Prem & overall)

- New Bradwell St Peter (1st)

- Old Bradwell United (2nd)

Programme - WGC, Kentish Town, The 61 FC

Playing surface - Brox Boro, Ampthill, AFC Dunstable

Manager of the Season - Steve Newing

Changes to the proposed constitution:

Baldock Town withdrawn from Div Two. There is a 40% chance another (un-named) club may be accepted into Div Two.

Berko Res withdrawn from Res Div One

Buckingham Athletic Reserves have opted to go into the regional Div Two West.

Res Div One now has only 12 teams, who will play each other 3 times.

Horace and HTFCew - Thanks very much for your helpful summaries of the AGM, may I take this opportunity of wishing Cockfosters and Sport London e Benfica all the best for next season in their respective divisions!

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Then sometime in September we will get the fixtures for rest of the season.

I think this will have more disadvantages than advantages and much prefer monthly fixtures.