Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Midlands League AGM

Cecil. Well done to your club for winning that particular programme award. Producing a decent prog is an art and shows competency and dedication to the supporters who wish to avail themselves of said publication. It shows a level of care and that is most worthy. Huge respect to all those who put the effort into their respective club programmes.

Wader - That's a great post and very much appreciated, thanks a lot. It's a shame that others on here, such as Football Man, don't feel the same way.

Seeing those who had won awards and applauding their herculean efforts was the good part of the AGM on Saturday morning. The bad part for me was the vote for AFC Dunstable and Kings Langley. They clearly had vaild points and it was a shame that just 19 of us voted to recognise their undoubted ambition and efforts to get on and progress their clubs. I detected a degree of protectionism creeping into the voting. It reminded me of when AFC Wimbledon were rejected by the Ryman League clubs in a similar style vote.

Then Saturday night at the Ryman League Annual Dinner Dance at The Copthorne Gatwick, it was great again to be able to see the awards being given out and people/clubs being recognised for their season's efforts. I'm suffering for that now still with a blinding hangover.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Then Saturday night at the Ryman League Annual Dinner Dance at The Copthorne Gatwick, it was great again to be able to see the awards being given out and people/clubs being recognised for their season's efforts.

I think Football Man also attended this event or, if not, he would have done if he hadn't severed ties with Potters Bar Town.

They should have asked for the matters to be considered separately. I was also quite amazed at The FA's decision to allow the clubs to make or break the rule - something which previously had been sacrosanct. I feel an opportunity was missed here - as you say especially in the case of AFC Dunstable.

I understand that 'Sugar' made a speedy exit afterwards and didn't stay for the buffet, very unhospitable!

It looked a good spread. I had a chat with Mick Ewen outside and then popped a few sarnies. Brief chat with a couple of other clubs reps and then dashed off to get to my hotel in Gatwick and get the drinking started!

The Ryman Dinner was a proper dickie bow job as usual with a sit down 3 courser. Theo Paphitis (no idea how spell that Dragons name) and then Trevor Brooking were the after dinner speakers. The comedian that then came on had such a broad northern accent that no-one understood the punchlines of his jokes! Oh and there was a gatecrasher - actually he gatecrashed twice and had to be frog marched out. The Police had to be called when he tried it a third time. He was actually quite funny when I got a chance to talk with him.

I asked him that. He lives locally apparantly and does it quite often at functions there. He had a suit jacket on but the unmatched trousers and shabby trainers gave him away somewhat. He even bought a bottle of red wine from the bar and demanded the bouncers gave it back to him after they had ejected him the first time. Haha, they even gave him a clean glass as well!

It's interesting that Football Man hasn't commented on the Ryman League dinner as he obviously feels agrieved about not being in a position to attend and be seen having severed ties with Potters Bar Town. All he can do is take silly snipes at Kentish Town's prestigious programme award at the SSML event which, if you analyse it carefully, is a huge achievement bearing in mind Hoddesdon Town have previously swept the board season after season with their weighty tome.

This is typical of you and what I was referring to when I said that you spent three long years on here masquarading as Mr Nice Guy without ever being held to account or anyone bothering to get inside your head. I think, following your year long hate campaign against me and Kentish Town, members are now starting to realise that you're not whiter than white and that you're a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Football Man - I over looked this earlier but why on earth do you want to know which printing company we use for our programme, why can't you simply bite the bullet for once and give us the credit we deserve for winning the prestigious SSML Division 1 programme of the season award at the AGM on Saturday, beating Hoddesdon Town in the process.

Because I don't believe that you do use a printing company. I believe that you use the photocopier at the Ministry of Silly Walks, which is effectively defrauding the Government and the tax payer. Without that "advantage", you wouldn't be able to consistently produce the size of programme that you do and we wouldn't be having discussions about awards - deserved or otherwise.

Three times I've asked you where you get your programme printed and three times you've avoided giving a direct answer. That says it all!

Football Man - All I can say is that I think the above post says it all about you in no uncertain terms and I'm sure the good Forum members agree. Like I said why couldn't you have just bitten the bullet on Saturday night and come on to offer your congratulations with no strings attached like Horace, Wader and Bitch kindly did, instead you try to pick holes in the award we won through our painstaking endeavours and coming from a fellow programme editor I find that appalling.