Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Midlands League AGM

It is being done especially for the benefit of Kentish Town. It will give you longer to print the tickets for the Haringey game, unless of course this takes place in either August or September - if it's the first game of the season you'll only have a couple of weeks notice.

It could be like the Bolton v Newcastle fixture on 11 August which was a clear fix, Phil Rolt might decide to do that with Kentish Town v Haringey Borough.

I've had an offer of access to an executive box at Tottenham for Derby County's visit there next season - they've only gone and made that Sat 18th August. How can I turn down an FA Cup Extra Prelimanary Round tie away to the likes of Clapton in order to attend?

You may not necessarily get an attractive draw, if you get an easy looking home tie on paper or meet a fellow SSML Club then I think you will be safe to go to watch your beloved Derby.

Originally Posted By: Horace
I've had an offer of access to an executive box at Tottenham for Derby County's visit there next season - they've only gone and made that Sat 18th August. How can I turn down an FA Cup Extra Prelimanary Round tie away to the likes of Clapton in order to attend?

Is the 18th the date of the FA Cup xtra Premlim? The Ryman season starts on the 18th what date does the SSML start?

I would imagine that Edgware will have to start in the xtra prelim round of the FA cup having not taken part in the FA cup for the previous two seasons.

Are you saying that Clapton away would be an attractive tie? shocked

Originally Posted By: Gavin

Is the 18th the date of the FA Cup xtra Premlim? The Ryman season starts on the 18th what date does the SSML start?

I would imagine that Edgware will have to start in the xtra prelim round of the FA cup having not been allowed to take part in the FA cup for the previous two seasons.

SSMFL season starts on 11 August, to give us time to get two league games in before the FA Cup Extra Prelim starts. You will have this as your first competitive fixture, as we did last season. Not good.

Really? you think our first competitive match of the season will be an FA Cup Xtra Prelim game?

Well we have around 9 pre season matches to get us ready for the season, against the likes of Grays Ath/Wstone/Bwood/Hendon all at home and all against thier 1st teams so it should be a good pre season.

Do you have a link to the dates of next seasons FA comps Horace?

FA Vase..

1st Round Qualifying..8 September

2nd Round Qualifying..22 September

1st Round Proper..6 October

2nd Round.17 November

3rd Round..8 December

4th Round..19 January

5th Round..9 February

6th Round..1 March

Semi Final 1..22 March

Semi Final 2..29 March

Final..Sunday 11 May

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I would be grateful if any members attending could make themselves known

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
The big day has duly arrived folks, sadly I won't be present at the AGM due to a prior engagement

Just six days between the two quotes above. Who banned you from attending, clip Rods?

Football Man - I don't understand the post, I never said in the first quote that I was planning to attend the AGM today, I simply asked who would be going, ie which Forum members would be representing their Clubs such as Horace and HTFCew.

Football Man - You haven't congratulated our Club for winning the SSML Division 1 programme of the season award at the SSML AGM yesterday, it's a huge achievement when you consider we beat Hoddesdon Town's weighty tome.

The purpose of a matchday programme is to inform the spectators of events surrounding the match and current news within the club and league. It is not there to win awards. Why should I congratulate you because the opinion of a select group of people (in this instance, the SSML committee) considered your programme better than Hoddesdon's? Another select group of people voted the other way around earlier in the season, so what has been proven by this award?

In any case, given that you insist your club shouldn't hold an annual awards ceremony to recognise the exploits of your playing staff, how can you have the nerve to write a post basically begging me for recognition for having received an award that you probably think is more about you than the club that you (very badly) represent?

And, anyway, don't you think the SSML Committee were just proving a point by not giving the award to Hoddesdon? They introduced divisional awards a few seasons ago because they were fed up of Hoddesdon winning the overall award every year and have probably used your programme this year as an excuse not to give them yet another award. In my book, if you both repeated the standards of this season in next season's respective programmes, Hoddesdon would be odds-on to win the award back purely because the SSML committee will be satisfied that their point has been made.

Incidentally, out of interest, which printing company do you use for your programme?

I wondered that too. Rhodesy must be getting a good deal. Perhaps he should have been congratulated for that too smile

"The purpose of a matchday programme is to inform the spectators of events surrounding the match and current news within the club and league".

I also like to see stuff like Player Profiles. Up to date (please) League Tables. Glossy match action photos. Interviews with Players and Managers. A bit of advertising. An 'On This Day in...' section. And, if there is enough room some pics of semi naked fellas in very suggestive poses (aslong as they are football related). smile

Originally Posted By: Bitch
I wondered that too. Rhodesy must be getting a good deal. Perhaps he should have been congratulated for that too smile

Football Man - There's your answer.

Very amusing but why can't you all just simply congratulate us, as Horace and Bitch have kindly done, and have done with it rather then childishly pick holes in the award, despite the bizare case Football Man has made it's a huge achievement to turn over Hoddesdon Town with their programme pedigree.