Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Midlands League AGM

you are happy to finish 6th in division 1? all in all its quite satisfying that out of most of the leagues at step 5 we where relegated with the most points - and it was in our hands on the last game of the season! also if you care to look at the amount of games we drew you will find that we only lost 50% of our games!

If/when KTFC make it to prem standard which may not be in your or my time you will see that its a tough league and one very hard to stay in with very little budget!

3praise - This is another of your laughable posts. Yes it was in 'our' hands right up until the final roll of the dice at Royston Town but look at the result that day and the performance, I heard it was diabolical to put it mildly and poor Ged was left helpless tearing his hair out on the touchline. As for the Club's finances why didn't 'Sugar' put his hand in his pocket as he did the season before in order to get 'us' out of jail, it worked then and all it needed was a few more points to get above Royston and Holmer Green, it wouldn't have taken much particularly as the Club are on a nice little earner from the lucrative market.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise - This is another of your laughable posts. Yes it was in 'our' hands right up until the final roll of the dice at Royston Town but look at the result that day and the performance, I heard it was diabolical to put it mildly and poor Ged was left helpless tearing his hair out on the touchline. As for the Club's finances why didn't 'Sugar' put his hand in his pocket as he did the season before in order to get 'us' out of jail, it worked then and all it needed was a few more points to get above Royston and Holmer Green, it wouldn't have taken much particularly as the Club are on a nice little earner from the lucrative market.

Who did you hear from this time??

If Aki did it one year he would obviously do it the year after wouldnt he? he never did it last year which would bring me to the conclusion that it never happened the year before either!

3praise - I'm quite surprised that you deny this as 'Sugar' laid out quite a bit of money in early March the season before last in order to keep the Club up bringing in the likes of George Georgiou and a number of other class acts. As a result 'we' went on a winning run that included a 2-1 home win over high flying Hanwell Town and ended up getting above Harpenden Town after looking doomed, admitedly 'we' were lucky that only one went down that season due to Brache Sparta's ground not being up to Premier Division status but anyway my question is why didn't 'Sugar' do likewise this time.

the only thing Aki did which was a stroke of genius last March was bringing in the correct management - who could attract such players a george georgiou and so help keep the club going!

Originally Posted By: 3praise

Who did you hear from this time?

And this Question Rods!

the only thing Aki did which was a stroke of genius last March was bringing in the correct management - who could attract such players a george georgiou and so help keep the club going!

3praise - You know perfectly well that this wasn't the case and 'Sugar' laid out quite a bit of money at the end of the 2005/2006 season in order to attract some quality players from a higher level in order to keep the Club in the Premier Division following Sam Hall's sorry reign as first team coach where his emphasis on youth failed to pay off. My question to you is therefore simply why didn't he do the same this season so why don't you give me a straight forward answer. You're right that the new Management team under Ged, Mario and George could attract good players but they came at a price didn't they.

no they didnt - most of the players that turned up where friends of the above mentioned management and so played the rest of the season as good will to those parties.

but if what you say was to be true (and it isnt) what would be the point of plowing money into the team to keep them up one year and then not doing it the next - of course you are going to say "its because Aki doesnt know what he is doing" - but in reality no money was payed out the year before - and no money was payed out this year.

what would be the point of plowing money into the team to keep them up one year and then not doing it the next

3praise - This was exactly my question, okay so a lot of the players that came in to help the Club out of trouble in 2005/2006 were friends of the new Management, in particular Mario Marinica who is well contacted, however some are also football mercenaries and were still paid albeit not a fortune. Let me put it another way then, why did 'Sugar' stick with the same team for the final two months of last season when it was obvious in late February that they were in big trouble.

Rhodes - please stop going on about Haringey - it is getting extremely boring for the rest of us. If you do HAVE to continue, at least try to confine your rants to one thread, and not take over nearly every single one. You ask why people stop posting, or never come on here in the first place - just look in the mirror for the answer.

HTFCew - I acknowledge your comments and sympathise with you and others who are 'getting extremely bored' however 'Sugar' needs to be held to account for the systematic way he is destroying Haringey's Community Football Club in exactly the same way as Robert Mugabe has destroyed Zimbabwe. I do as much work in the local Community, if not more, than I do for Kentish Town and this question needs to be asked, 3praise is doing an excellent job in defending his lord and master and I admire him for that but he is fighting a losing battle.

The point is, clip Rods, DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. Nobody on here is bothered about your petty squabbles with Haringey and your comments regarding their Chairman are just your own personal opinion and not one that it appears ANYBODY else agrees with. Your continual attacks on Haringey on here have achieved nothing, other than a complaint to the SSML about you, so why not take it somewhere else. That is the point HTFCew is making, and other people are thinking.

Football Man - I don't believe that to be the case, your title would indicate that you have an interest in everything football so aren't you just a little concerned that a non league Club with huge potential is being systematically destroyed. You say you're not bothered but you certainly should be, shame on you.

HTFCew - I acknowledge your comments and sympathise with you and others who are 'getting extremely bored' however 'Sugar' needs to be held to account for the systematic way he is destroying Haringey's Community Football Club in exactly the same way as Robert Mugabe has destroyed Zimbabwe. I do as much work in the local Community, if not more, than I do for Kentish Town and this question needs to be asked, 3praise is doing an excellent job in defending his lord and master and I admire him for that but he is fighting a losing battle.

So, you are going to continue to alienate everyone else who uses this forum then?

Horace - I am not alienating anyone and not everybody shares your view but if you feel so strongly about it why not donate to the Kentish Town City Farm and I'll get out of your hair for a week or two. If you do decide to donate then can you quickly PM me so I can buy shares in Swan matches before they go through the ceiling.

That's the trouble - you really believe that you AREN'T alienating anyone. I'm telling you that you ARE! You bring every thread around to the same tiresome subject, worse than a "woman scorned". Let's just agree to let you have one thread in which you can bitch away to your heart's content, whilst leaving all the other threads alone!

I'm not paying any more money to get you to stay away - someone else can pay this time.