Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Midlands League AGM

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Horace
Have you ever considered that it's YOU that he genuinely dislikes?

No I haven't considered that as what reason would he have to do so. When I was at Haringey we met on a regular basis and he didn't seem to have a problem with me at all, it was only when I joined Kentish Town that he started behaving in this fashion .

That coincided with you joining this forum and spouting rubbish on a daily basis. I feel sorry for Kentish Town having you as their spokesman on here and TK's forum.

Well the main man another doesn't seem to have a problem with me, he even directly answered one of my posts so I assume that is an endorsement that he has welcomed me into the fold with open arms. Anyway I won't be posting that much on Tony's Forum, I still find that the punters on there take themselves far too seriously and would be better suited to Crewe station with a note pad and pen in their hands.

may I take this opportunity of wishing Cockfosters and Sport London e Benfica all the best for next season in their respective divisions!

Football Man - Horace, Thanks for your support in the expectation that Cockfosters would have their promotion ratified at the AGM. Rhodes Thank you for your best wishes and congratulations on your programme award. As the sell-out all ticket league clash between Kentish Town and Cockfosters at Copthall will not now take place, no doubt you will be "standing down" the policeman on the white horse(1923 FA Cup Final style). Plus you will not have to dish out in excess of 20 free programmes for the Cockfosters committee. Now you will be able to sell them, though I can't see that making up for the loss of the anticipated gate receipts windfall you were obviously expecting.

There never was any doubt was there? Rhodes has, of course, never explained why he felt there was. Looking forward to our Premier Division meetings! Expect your biggest gate when we come to Chalk Lane.

Originally Posted By: cocko thenorth
Plus you will not have to dish out in excess of 20 free programmes for the Cockfosters committee.

You have to admit that it was a bit over the top the way you rolled up at 2.55 that infamous afternoon flashing Committee card after Committee card.

So what's wrong with that, it's called public relations however it's not all Forum members who get free admission and only 'friends' of the Club which automatically rules you out.

only 'friends' of the Club which automatically rules you out.

Why the sudden change of heart, clip Rods? Although I didn't take up the offer, I seem to remember you openly inviting me to your last meeting with Brimsdown - the match of the now infamous inside-out, upside-down programme. Nothing's changed between now and then as far as I'm concerned. Of course, you could just be falling back into the old habit of contradicting yourself again.

Since that time, which I recall was in January, you have done nothing else but attack me and Kentish Town on this Forum for no other reason than to get back at us for the ill fated groundshare at Parkfield in 2005/2006, that's why you will not be welcome at the Copthall Stadium next season and will have to pay like a normal punter and won't get so much as a free cup of tea. This has ended up backfiring on you big time and done you a lot of damage since you readily admitted to refusing us entry into cup competitions other than the obligatory ones.

I thought you said that you had plans to visit the Copthall Stadium for a game next season, I'm sure you would have loved to rub shoulders with the likes of our Chairman in the boardroom and be treated like Royalty as was the case when you used to come down to Coles Park on a regular basis.

Reading between the lines that sounds like one of your trademark sour grapes posts to me, you're good at that but you certainly don't fool me. You had a lot of opportunities to come and watch us play last season but never showed up, was it because you were afraid of meeting our Chairman and Director of Football as they don't hold grudges and would have shaken your hand.

You had lots of opportunities to watch "your" club Haringey Borough play last season as well, but didn't take them.

I chose to attend other games on the occasions you speak of. You will recall inviting me free of charge to the Brimsdown match (in March, not January) but I chose to go to the Chelsea v Valencia Champions League match instead. That's how it goes. Sorry if you feel put out by that, but that's life.

You obviously have a weird interpretation of sour grapes, by the way.

You had a lot of opportunities to come and watch us play last season but never showed up, was it because you were afraid of meeting our Chairman and Director of Football as they don't hold grudges and would have shaken your hand.

....it was probably because he didn't know where KT were playing their games any more...!

Jonno - No that's not the case at all as I made that abundantly clear to him on the morning of the game. I remember the day of the Chelsea v Valencia game distinctly as I accused him of selling his soul to the devil and he should either sell, give away or burn the ticket and either come to our game that night at Brimsdown or attend another non league fixture, he chose not to which told me a great deal about him.

that he would rather watch Chelsea vs Valencia or KTFC vs a team that was going to hammer them - his priorities are all wrong i would have watch KTFC getting battered any day!!

well 3 praise my old mate, how many matches did harringay win last year, oppsssssss was it that many. We may have been battered but still played good football, and still managed to finish sixth, not bad for a team that was hammered. See you soon mate. xxxx