Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

One for Neutral Fan

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
To be honest I prefer my new avatar of 'the great one' directing his troops at Buckingham Athletic earlier this season and afterall this is a football forum at the end of the day

He must be facing the wrong way, 'coz I can see no 'troops'!

Maybe he's directing traffic? Does he work part-time as a traffic warden?

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Wader - I can't help thinking that our Gordon Boateng spat is behind it

Talking of that, you should obtain by hook or by crook a copy of this week's Harlow Star. The entire back page is devoted to Gordon Boateng, with excellent pic and interview with him. The departure reasons are fully explained and the club put their view on how they will miss him and find him hard to replace.

He says he had not been approached by another club prior to him leaving, but since his departure several had been in contact. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I should be able to get it on line at work tomorrow, this is last weeks where Ryan Kirby gives the impression he has been left holding ther baby and appears very disappointed by 'your friends' sudden departure, he seems to have a habit of letting Club's down:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/harlowstar-sport/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=237670

Originally Posted By: Wader
When I first saw Cec's new avatar I thought it looked as though a plume of smoke was emitting from 'the great ones' hand, biblical style

Wader - Strangely enough you have hit the nail slap bang on the head as that is exactly the effect I have managed to painstakingly conjure up with some trick photography.

looks more like the sort of thing Ming the Merciless would use to me.

Talking of that, you should obtain by hook or by crook a copy of this week's Harlow Star. The entire back page is devoted to Gordon Boateng, with excellent pic and interview with him. The departure reasons are fully explained and the club put their view on how they will miss him and find him hard to replace.
He says he had not been approached by another club prior to him leaving, but since his departure several had been in contact. It will be interesting to see where he ends up

Wader - I was shocked to read some of the comments about 'your friend' on Harlow Town's Forum, it seems they are delighted to see the back of him:

http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/forum.jsp?id=32&article=1978

I know most if not all the hardcore Harlow fans by face and name (the Stortford rivalry over the years ensured that). I know they are sad that that he has departed. The others I cannot speak for.

I think Gordon waltzed through the door at Harlow in August wearing hobnail boots thinking he could change things overnight and make a name for himself whilst raising eyebrows at Conference level. I think he needs to take a step back and look at himself in the mirror, football isn't all about looking after number one.

I'm still trying to locate the article from the Harlow Times referred to by Wader, it will be an insight to hear Gordon's version of events as to why he left Harlow Town without warning leaving them in the lurch as was the case at Brimsdown Rovers.

• 1 month later...

NeutralFan - Do you know what has happened to the two Haringey Borough threads on this Forum, I can't seem to find them

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
No

Do you know if Wader has deleted them for some reason, possibly following some pressure from 'Sugar' who found out he is a moderator, that's how 'Sugar' operates and uses silly threats which he can't back up once someone, on the rare occasion, stands up to him