Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Staines re-arranged fixture

Nutchutney

I know that the date for the re-arranged fixture has yet to be fixed but is there any word on whether people who paid yesterday will be able to get in to the rematch for free?

I have a season ticket so it doesn't affect me but my brother and a friend both paid at the turnstile.

Max did tell people to hang on to their tickets but it doesn't have the match on the ticket.

Would it not be a better idea if the club charged entry for the revised fixture? I appreciate that some may feel that entry should be free as a full game wasn't played but the club incurred costs for the day and will probably end up out of pocket on this fixture especially as I presume the officials got paid for Saturday. I would be quite happy for Saturday's gate money to be kept for 'club funds' and pay for the rescheduled fixture? Just my view mind.

Originally Posted By: Hasbeen
Would it not be a better idea if the club charged entry for the revised fixture? I appreciate that some may feel that entry should be free as a full game wasn't played but the club incurred costs for the day and will probably end up out of pocket on this fixture especially as I presume the officials got paid for Saturday. I would be quite happy for Saturday's gate money to be kept for 'club funds' and pay for the rescheduled fixture? Just my view mind.

I make you right Hasbeen and I'm sure that many others would agree with your ideas... besides, I'm sure just as much fun was had as on a normal match day!

I think that hasbeens suggestion is a most noble one and lets hope that many people follow his lead....the facts are that the referee called the game off and of course the cost of staging the match and paying the officials was exactly the same...add to that reduced bar takings and 100's of pounds lost in wasted food and yup...was a poor old day for the urchins....

through no fault of our own... frown

having said that..I am advised by nett that anyone wishing free entry into the rearranged match and bearing the correctly numbered ticket will be warmly welcomed and admitted to the ground free of charge... smile