Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Correct Score Please

Serious Sid

Sometimes I wonder about the quality of the staff employed by the Press Association! I phoned the result through to them last night, giving the correct scoreline of 3 - 2, as well as the names of both teams' goalscorers and the times of the goals. The fella then phoned back a couple of minutes later to confirm the goalscorers, and yet they still get it wrong! T*ssers!

Sorry Sid but you must go and pay your winnings back.

The score was three three.

What happened was that about ten minutes after the end of the match, the linesman pointed out to the referee that he had played four minutes short in the first half, and that unless they went back out and played those four minutes he could be charged with failing to fulfill a fixture.

The away side protested that as their player was sent off in the sedond half, and as the four minutes were in respect of the first half, then their number five had not been sent off at that stage, so they were allowed to resume with eleven players.

As Simon was not on the pitch in the first half, this meant that HFC could only use nine players since Kris and Elliot were both injured.

The last four minutes were then played and HFC scored the equalister with the last kick of the match.

Hope this explains it all.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Bitch
I told everyone that's no one that you won 3-2 now they are all laughing at me - a lot bawling Now, who told me the score.... laugh

they'll larf on the other side of their faces for believing daggsy...we won 3-2 alright....look at the videos... yay

I'm still trying to get the brown paper wrapping off Uncs wink