Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Don't Bother Reading This

Serious Sid

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
I'll predict the whole season manana and still win it.... grin

You will still have to watch out for postponed/re-arranged fixtures. I missed one the other day when Hastings decided to bring forward a midweek game to a saturday because they had been knocked out of the F.A. Cup.

Didn't we play Ramsgate away in a pre-season friendly a couple of seasons ago? The mini bus got to the edge of Ramsgate only to be met by tourential rain from that minute till we passed the same area on the way back. The mini bus was leaking like a sieve the rain was that bad.

The pitch looked ok then and the game went ahead and that was for a friendly. Lost 1-0, a dodgy penalty if i remember correctly.

Bob - yes, the pre-season match was played in a monsoon which had been going on for the entire day.

After the match, I walked down to the beach and it was so wet there that many were walking in the water to stay dry.

The pitch was in excellent condition but the referee's watch was severely waterlogged as he blew for time eight minutes early.