Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

clip Rods is leaving us...

...for 7 days starting at midnight tonight (Wednesday).

For those who haven't been following the story on other threads, clip Rods said this a while back:

Originally Posted By: Horace
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: HTFCew

7 Potters Bar Town vs Cockfosters

I don't think Football Man will be able to resist not attending this one.

Wow, you need all your wits about you to interpret that! So, you DO NOT think that FM will be able to resist .. NOT ATTENDING

Is that meant to be "I think FM won't be able to resist this one"?

or do you really mean that he will be unable to resist missing it?

Put it this way if Football Man isn't at that particular game I will happily disappear from view for a week without asking for any money towards my favourite charity.

As I went to Waltham Forest Reserves v Stansted Reserves last night (and NOT Potters Bar Town v Cockfosters) then clip Rods, being a man of honour who tells it as he sees it and gives it to us straight, will be leaving us for seven days. I suggested on another thread that he start his sabattical at midnight tonight and, as he hasn't countered this suggestion, then so be it.

Seven whole days of being able to talk about whatever subject we like without it being swung around to clip Rods irrational hatred of all things Haringey Borough, especially their Chairman.

See you on November 8th clippy - unless, of course, you choose to go back on your word and proves yourself to be a liar (again!)... grin

How do we know you went to Waltham Forest Reserves v Stansted Reserves last night, did anyone see you there

How do we know you went to Waltham Forest Reserves v Stansted Reserves last night, did anyone see you there

It doesn't really matter whether or not anyone saw me at that game (but you can ask Martin or Sharon Fitch if you really want to). What does matter is that I wasn't at Potters Bar. "See" you next Thursday! grin

We don't know for sure that he's gone yet! Could be a big meeting at the MOD (needing lots of tea/coffee)

I can state quite categorically that Football Man was NOT at The Potters Bar v Cockfosters game on Tuesday. A wise decision as he didn't miss much. See you next Thursday.

I am considering petitioning parliament for the immediate return from exile of my forum hero Rhodes.

I believe yellow ribbons have been placed at the gates of Kentish Town and Haringey, and football man and eagles1066 are suffering withdrawal symptoms.

However the broadband speeds in north London have improved dramatically, and the Hertford fire brigade have noticed a downturn in calls reporting steam coming out of peoples ears.

I think he needs time to work deep deep deep undercover to sort out his issues

(1) Missing Shirt and Missing Ball (last seen in the Spurs Reception, circa 2006)

(2) Floodlight Intermittent failure, linked to a 3rd conceeded goal at Copthall Stadium

(3) £5 missing in post, en route to Jonno (postal service expected to take blame)

(4) Business card misprint

(5) No mention of Clement Temile or Hector Varela for at least 1 week, and no mention of soon-to-be-world superstar Toto Tamuz for a month

very odd !!

Get cracking Inspector Rhodes duck

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
(3) £5 missing in post, en route to Jonno (postal service expected to take blame)

Not to mention the £60 he owes Gavin, the £30 he owes my charity, and several other unpaid bets/pledges.

1. No I paid the £10 for Gavin so only need to give him £60 not £70.
2. Yes of course I made the bet for him, I had £20 on Edgware myself but only at odds of 9/2.
3. Yes of course I collected the winnings, he paid out when it was mathematically impossible for them to be caught by Harefield United.

So Rhodes by not paying Gavin actually made £150 out of Edgware winning the league last season.