Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thanks Uncle Urchin

open minded

"violent scenes at Sewardstone Road left referee Lloyd Wood with no choice but to abandone the game after 75 minutes.

Tilbury had the perfect opportunity to take the lead when Luke Stanley's cross was handled in the area but the resultant penalty was saved by Abbey keeper John Hickman

Following that incident, the home side took the lead against the run of play when Dean Perry netted. However things took a turn for the worse in the second half when a scuffle involving Abbey's Marc Sontag and Tilbury's Lloyd Anthoney sparked a mass brawl.

Anthoney was red carded after striking Sontag who's brother Lee was also then red carded for joining in.

referee Wood attempted to get the game back underway but following a further violent alercation in the tunnel involving the red carded players and supporters, he abandoned the game. Abbey will keep the points". I had a chat last night with Lloyd whilst he was training for tilbury and would just like to put on record and say a big thank you to Michele your physio who patched Lloyd up last Saturday. When Lloyd left the Waltham Abbey game he popped down to watch the end of the Hornchurch game and was duly patched up by Michele. Oh and by the way not sure where you get that waltham abbey have been issued with the points, because that has not been decided yet. Tilbury, are very much looking forward to the match with Hornchurch this Tuesday evening. I know a number of your supporters are still very much 'fans' of John Lawrence, Paul and his staff and look forward to visiting your ground.

for the avoidance of any doubt, here is Unc's original copy and paste

"violent scenes at Sewardstone Road left referee Lloyd Wood with no choice but to abandone the game after 75 minutes.

Tilbury had the perfect opportunity to take the lead when Luke Stanley's cross was handled in the area but the resultant penalty was saved by Abbey keeper John Hickman

Following that incident, the home side took the lead against the run of play when Dean Perry netted. However things took a turn for the worse in the second half when a scuffle involving Abbey's Marc Sontag and Tilbury's Lloyd Anthoney sparked a mass brawl.

Anthoney was red carded after striking Sontag who's brother Lee was also then red carded for joining in.

referee Wood attempted to get the game back underway but following a further violent alercation in the tunnel involving the red carded players and supporters, he abandoned the game. Abbey will keep the points".

Originally Posted By: open minded
I had a chat last night with Lloyd whilst he was training for tilbury and would just like to put on record and say a big thank you to Michele your physio who patched Lloyd up last Saturday. When Lloyd left the Waltham Abbey game he popped down to watch the end of the Hornchurch game and was duly patched up by Michele. Oh and by the way not sure where you get that waltham abbey have been issued with the points, because that has not been decided yet. Tilbury, are very much looking forward to the match with Hornchurch this Tuesday evening. I know a number of your supporters are still very much 'fans' of John Lawrence, Paul and his staff and look forward to visiting your ground.

hmmm...not sure what to make of all of that really but in any event your player was welcome..he is known to us and is a nice lad..also please remember that the game on tuesday is at chadfields so make sure you don't come to the stadium....

as for the article itself...I didn't say anything..I copied it from another forum.... grin

You say your not sure what to make of it, I wasn't sure what to make of your initial post, and why you actually posted it, along with calling Tilbury a pub team. What have Tilbury done to you? By posting you knew full well that a number of your fans will ridicule the Tilbury team. Your right Lloyd is a nice young lad.

I didn't know you copied the statement from another forum as nowhere in your post did you say you copied it from elsewhere, maybe you should have made that clear, otherwise its reasonable to assume that you wrote it. Perhaps you can say what forum you actually copied it from?

Thanks for advising that the game against you is at Chadfields this Tuesday I know we have to play you twice and I would have found out the details this Saturday.

Perhaps I'll pop over and introduce myself to you at the match.

Originally Posted By: open minded
You say your not sure what to make of it, I wasn't sure what to make of your initial post, and why you actually posted it, along with calling Tilbury a pub team. What have Tilbury done to you? By posting you knew full well that a number of your fans will ridicule the Tilbury team. Your right Lloyd is a nice young lad.
I didn't know you copied the statement from another forum as nowhere in your post did you say you copied it from elsewhere, maybe you should have made that clear, otherwise its reasonable to assume that you wrote it. Perhaps you can say what forum you actually copied it from?

Thanks for advising that the game against you is at Chadfields this Tuesday I know we have to play you twice and I would have found out the details this Saturday.

Perhaps I'll pop over and introduce myself to you at the match.

oh dear there's always one trying to make a hero of himself.......

and I guesed right in my initial suspicion of your post ....

now then listen carefully before you make a fool of yourself...firstly I copied it...where else did the info come from...I obviously wasn't there was I?.....I was watching an FA Cup match at the stadium ....its on dozens of forums and in several newspapers....had a go at all of those people have you..?

never assume anything on forums..first rule of coming on here.. but don't bother to apologise...I never get offended by new posters....specially those that register specifically to have a go at the poor old unc.... bootyshake

secondly tilbury are a pub team in essex as indeed we are...we are just the BEST pub team in essex and proud of it...canvey used to be but we stole their crown....we have always taken the pi55 out of tilbury as none of us like going there....that is mainly due to the number of times we have had to go there recently and because its always fckn cold....the previous manager tony cross knew that and loved the banter....don't get up your own jacksy over it...the word ridicule is too ridiculous and inflammatory for words....

and no need to thank me at all....I had no problems in telling you where to go for the match on tuesday ..I like to help people who are new to these forums...been at tilbury long have you..?

and please don't bother coming and introducing yourself to me....I don't speak to strangers at football matches.........grin