Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

urchins v northwood

Mitchurchin

It was a disappointing way to go out of both FA competitions this season. Last season we had a cracking tie against Welling United that went all the way, with our players trying their hardest, until Welling found their class. This season we went out almost unnoticed against Team Bath.

In the FA Trophy last season, we were beaten by a better Mangotsfield side, whereas this season we fail to beat a team lower than us in the pyramid in two matches.

I suspect the comments from the Northwood 'massive' originated from four blokes sat behind me who were insistent that the ref was biased. Utter rubbish, the ref played it pretty fairly IMO. We had one pen given and a blatant handball ignored which should have been the second. As for using the 8 as a climbing frame, bizarre, our centre mids were not the tallest, but most of the headers were won by Elliot (tall) and Purds (shrewd and experienced), if anything our centre mids did not shine enough.

Anyway, its a frustrating period of the season, but it happens and as UU says, we are spoilt by the succeses we've enjoyed. It wont ever stop me enjoying being spoilt mind you.....go on spoil us again, a lot.

colin is a shrewd and experienced manager mitch and will be quietly looking to improve matters on the pitch....he has had the opportunity now to assess the squad after 12 games and with 30 league games left he will know what he has to do with player changes to get into the play offs......

we just have to get through the next two/three weeks...try and see off tilbury...get 3 points minimum from the two games against wombles and boringwood and get time back on our side...

laugh

Anyone would of thought we were bottom of the league and got knocked out of all cup competitions at the first opportunity!

You take janners,parker,goddard and cross out of any team and you are worse for it.This clearly showed but i did think the players tried their hardest and kept fighting to the end.

I agree that someone else should of taken the penalty but he took it and missed and we should of still gone in 1 or 2 up at half time,i think joe keith is lacking in confidence at the moment and needs a couple of big games,him and donny have played in front of crowds like those we will see on saturday so its going to be a bit of a culture shock to them dropping down and playing in front of 100 odd people on a cold leafy pitch!!!

Northwood had a 10-15 minute spell 2nd half which saw them win the game but apart from that i can see why they are in the position they are in in their league.

I thought apart from that little spell they had in 2nd half we were by far the better side but apart from kris lees goal we struggled to get decent shots and headers on target.

It was nice to see shane starting and young michael coming off the bench played well,these are the things we should be looking at instead of getting on the back of our team because we are having the first real bad patch for 2 and a half years,last night some of the negativity from our fans was unbelievable,we can't just turn our backs on them when the going gets tough!!!

And as for you black douglas,our player was entitled to go for the ball at the end,for some reason our player got booked while 5 of yours were on top of him,you need to remember what colours your team play in.And as for the ref,he was crap,mainly towards hornchurch but he gave stupid decisions our way as well and was tottally shocking.IN all fairness thats probably the best Northwood can play and you did not impress me one bit,but i know hornchurch can play better as i've witnessed it on many occassions in the past,now jog on!

Think you are stuttering a bit rather than going through a really bad patch. It's when you go 5 or 6 games without a win then you start to worry a bit.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
It just seems to some fans that we are going through a bad patch as they are used to winning.
We haven't exactly been getting spanked in the league!

stop whinging you plug and get me another glass of wine..... drinkies

fans are allowed to have a whinge up...its what they do.... grin

spoiled I tell thee...all fckn spoiled.... baloons2