Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tilbury 2 v's 1 Urchins -FS

Uncle Urchin

I think the best thing for us is to get out of these cup competitions now and regroup.

We have had problems with injuries from day one and have been playing two games a week since the start of the season with players carrying knocks and probably unwell.

I feel with a break for some of these players and Colin able to spend quality time on the training pitch we will come back firing in the 2nd half of the season.

I agree kimble but when was the last time we were able to put the same team out.

We are down to our bare bones and although last nights starting eleven was a good team on paper some of those players are not 100% fit and won't be for a few weeks.

With crossy out we miss something,tommo doesn't look fit but we all know he is a quality player,joe keith is struggling at this level as he doesn't have the space on the ball that league football allows,same for donny.

Without the midfield firing the strikers are being dragged back and wide and this is affecting us,we have had to resort at times to hoofing it up field as we are struggling to play it through the middle.

If we go back to the first half of Ashford first game of the season,that is what these players are capable of or the game at Dartford the other week,the fact that we are 12th with games in hand is due to the cup runs we had which will always affect the league position.As cantos said we now can concentrate on the league now and i am confident we will be in the shake up for a play off place.We haven't become a bad team overnight,just as Arsenal were not a bad side last season when they were missing key players

Originally Posted By: Westie
Originally Posted By: Serious Sid
Tonight was disappointing but remember it's easy to support a winning team. When things get a bit sticky thats when supporters are really needed.

Don't talk bollorks sid.

We supported the team for the back end of the 04/05 season and saw better football when we were being hammered each week.

The difference is those players seemed to be full of passion!

Westie, I wasn't suggesting everyone was getting on the players backs but was merely trying to prevent it from happening. The problem areas are plain to see and it serves no purpose to tell the Manager and players what they already know.

Originally Posted By: Westie
Tonight was disappointing but remember it's easy to support a winning team. When things get a bit sticky thats when supporters are really needed.

Don't talk bollorks sid.

We supported the team for the back end of the 04/05 season and saw better football when we were being hammered each week.

The difference is those players seemed to be full of passion!

Westie, I wasn't suggesting everyone was getting on the players backs but was merely trying to prevent it from happening. The problem areas are plain to see and it serves no purpose to tell the Manager and players what they already know.

sack the board.... hanged yay grin

Sorry lads. We are all on the same side here. I understand what you are saying Westie and agree 100%. All seasoned supporters know the score and will get behind the team. However, some of the new recruits, who are used to total Urchin domination (as they have had for the past few years) might (just might) start rocking the boat. I just wanted to make them think twice before getting on the backs of the players.