Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The question that MyFc keeps avoiding

Mackster

No one from Myfc ever answers the following question, even though it has been asked many times in other threads.

It seems apparent that virtually all true Gravesend/Ebbsfleet fans are totally against the MyFc takeover.

As you claim to represent a force for democracy in football and want to give it back to the fans why are you doing the opposite and not giving the true fans of Ebbsfleet/Gravesend a voice in their future.

Surely it is only fair and democratic that everyone who has been sent a letter by the club informing them of events should also be given a say in its future.

These are the people that have supported the club for many years, way before you ever heard of Gravesend/Ebbsfleet, way before MyFc was ever dream't up and you all shelled out your £35. Do they deserve a hostile takeover?

Give the true people of Gravesend a vote in their club and respect their decision. If they vote for MyFc then let the takeover continue, if they vote against then you walk away.

MyFc maybe a laudable idea, but it will only work if it is accepted by all parties. Technically the shareholders have the decision, but its the true fans who are the custodians of the club.

If you consider yourself football lovers then you would do the decent thing.

Can you please answer the question and depending on your answer would you be able to put it to the administrators of MyFc that it should be a condition of the sale?

Can doheochai/rsheard give us the official MyFc line on this and if not who can or will?

Hey Mack, I answered you when you raised this point in another thread, guess you missed it:

Originally Posted By: Kenny
It's a good point, Mack, and it's one which neither I nor probably any other of the rank and file MyFC members can really answer, certainly not to your satisfaction. As a few people have mentioned though, the one constant topic on the MyFC forums since this started has been trying to work out how to not alienate the existing fans and to get them involved (clearly, the lacks of thegaffer missed this topic).

I honestly think that if in a couple of weeks when everyone's had a chance to properly look at the idea and consider the implications and it emerged that existing fans were overwhelmingly against the idea then there would be a real chance that it wouldn't go ahead. I know that I would vote against it, anyway; I don't want to be part of a 'hostile' takeover.

I'm afraid I don't know what the official line is, if there is one.

The understanding 'appeared to be' supporters trust OK'ed the deal on Sunday night and someone let slip the plans, hence news leaked and then announced sooner than expected, yesterday.

Not read 1,000 people against, but maybe a dozen.

If hostile of 1,000 fans as claimed, I'd expect MYFC to walk away to be honest.

So the true fans have to pay £35 to belong to an organisation that is stealing their club. Turkeys voting Christmas?

The appeal has been made to MyFc because the majority shareholders have already sold the club down the river.

Sounds like you couln't give a feck, that's the reality.

Originally Posted By: ItsBusiness
"but its the true fans who are the custodians of the club"
This is romantic but not reality. If you want a vote then you either need to join MyfC or persuade your majority shareholders to give you a vote to tell them what they should do with their own money.

You could find this to be the truth at your cost!
If all(I know they won't)Fleet supporters of long standing decided not to turn up for the next 5 home matches, you, one or two New Fans/Owners,who will/maybe, turn up at home matches, could find yourself standing in an Empty Stadium! Jog on!

Originally Posted By: fugazi
The understanding 'appeared to be' supporters trust OK'ed the deal on Sunday night and someone let slip the plans, hence news leaked and then announced sooner than expected, yesterday.

Not read 1,000 people against, but maybe a dozen.

If hostile of 1,000 fans as claimed, I'd expect MYFC to walk away to be honest.

Obviously the forum is not representative, but that's the point not everyone has been canvassed - and they should be. I don't expect the organisers of MyFc to walk away now with all the money rolling in. The Supporters Trust has been very vocal by their silence me thinks.

"You could find this to be the truth at your cost!

If all(I know they won't)Fleet supporters of long standing decided not to turn up for the next 5 home matches, you, one or two New Fans/Owners,who will/maybe, turn up at home matches, could find yourself standing in an Empty Stadium! Jog on!"

Absolutely. The club relies on all those supporters it seems to have at best no interest in and at worst a loathing for.

The events of the past few months really leads me to believe they couldn't care less what the real fans of this club want

Originally Posted By: Mackster
I read your opinion Kenny and it was a good answer, however the evangelist known as Dosomethingchai seems to know everything but the answer to this question

Fair enough. I know I didn't really add anything but I just wanted to make sure people realised it wasn't being deliberately avoided.

Hi to all

Firstly let me introduce myself. My name is Paul, I live in Leicester and have been a member of MYFC since its inception. I am also a moderator of the MYFC Forum.

To answer the question heading this thread, I can say that a central tenet of MYFC policy is that we should have the backing of the fans of any club before any proposals for purchase are completed. As part of the discussions with Ebbsfleet, the Supporters trust were fully consulted and appraised of the details of the plan. This was very important to us. Clearly it would not be viable if we did not have the backing of the local fans. The following statement was made by a member of the Ebbsfleet supporters trust as part ofthe announcement and press release yesterday.

“Also being a Trust, our members understand the MyFootballClub concept immediately. We very much look forward to working with the MyFootbcallClub members for the benefit Ebbsfleet United.”

We have also discussed the issue of fan support on our forums for many weeks and in depth and have developed clear policies designed to avoid alienation of the local fans. Indeed we are very keen for Ebbsfleet fans to join us and have a very real say in the development of the club. Many Ebbsfleet fans are members and I can honestly say that the vast majority were delighted that the club we are in talks with is Ebbsfleet.

At the same time I appreciate that there will be fans who have genuine concerns about the whole venture, it is admittedly a radical idea and I can understand why some of you may see it as a threat. I have read many of the comments on here and it is difficult in one post to answer all of them. I am convinced that if some of you joined our organisation you would have a better understanding of what we are about and hopefully realise that we a re not a flight of fancy but that it has been well thought through and that our members are keen to support the club and its existing fan base and not become an invading mob.

If many Ebbsfleet fans were to join then they could become a real force within MYFC and play a significant role in the development of the club. i ask you all to look at it as an opportunity for you, the real fans, to have a real say in that development.

I will be visiting this forum frequently and am happy to try and answer any questions or gripes that you may have. I am quite thick skinned so feel free to be forthright, and I will endeavour to give you my honest opinion.

Thanks for reading this

Paul (MYFC Forum team)

I think the first thing you need to clear up is the confusion over the Fleet's Trust prior knowledge and apparent backing of your approach to buy the club. The two line statement from the Fleet Trust that you included in your press release is at odds with the later statement issued by the Fleet Trust. Or perhaps you wrote the lines on behalf of Fleet Trust, putting a certain amount of spin on them?

Originally Posted By: Arithon
Hi to all

Firstly let me introduce myself. My name is Paul, I live in Leicester and have been a member of MYFC since its inception. I am also a moderator of the MYFC Forum.

To answer the question heading this thread, I can say that a central tenet of MYFC policy is that we should have the backing of the fans of any club before any proposals for purchase are completed. As part of the discussions with Ebbsfleet, the Supporters trust were fully consulted and appraised of the details of the plan. This was very important to us. Clearly it would not be viable if we did not have the backing of the local fans. The following statement was made by a member of the Ebbsfleet supporters trust as part ofthe announcement and press release yesterday.

“Also being a Trust, our members understand the MyFootballClub concept immediately. We very much look forward to working with the MyFootbcallClub members for the benefit Ebbsfleet United.”

We have also discussed the issue of fan support on our forums for many weeks and in depth and have developed clear policies designed to avoid alienation of the local fans. Indeed we are very keen for Ebbsfleet fans to join us and have a very real say in the development of the club. Many Ebbsfleet fans are members and I can honestly say that the vast majority were delighted that the club we are in talks with is Ebbsfleet.

At the same time I appreciate that there will be fans who have genuine concerns about the whole venture, it is admittedly a radical idea and I can understand why some of you may see it as a threat. I have read many of the comments on here and it is difficult in one post to answer all of them. I am convinced that if some of you joined our organisation you would have a better understanding of what we are about and hopefully realise that we a re not a flight of fancy but that it has been well thought through and that our members are keen to support the club and its existing fan base and not become an invading mob.

If many Ebbsfleet fans were to join then they could become a real force within MYFC and play a significant role in the development of the club. i ask you all to look at it as an opportunity for you, the real fans, to have a real say in that development.

I will be visiting this forum frequently and am happy to try and answer any questions or gripes that you may have. I am quite thick skinned so feel free to be forthright, and I will endeavour to give you my honest opinion.

Thanks for reading this

Paul (MYFC Forum team)

Bernard, I hope you read this, and realise Alan, and I, were only posting what we were told by the media, and now Myfc!

Now if this is a big Lie, I hope the Myfc fans read this and realise the deceit behind their membership!

Without wishing to appear patronising, I'm not sure the pre-exististing G&N fans really appreciate what's in their best interests. Whilst perusing the Gans' comments on this forum I am somewhat reminded of an elderly gentlemen who has fallen in the street, breaking his hip, but will stubbornly refuse all offers of help, eg people trying to lift him up, call him an ambulance etc, because he "doesn't want to make a fuss" and/or he's an old soldier too proud to ask for help. Do you think passers-by should just leave him there to suffer/die, or do you think the right thing to do is to ignore the old man's refusals and give him the help that he quite clearly needs. Personally I am not the sort of person to just walk on by, and nor are the members of MyFC. Whilst you may be stubbornly refusing our help now, in a year or two's time when you have reaped the benefits, your gratitude will be unfaltering. I am correct on this.

Glad you replied Paul, but it seems virtually all Fleet fans have been in the dark, despite you claiming that The Trust were involved in discussions. The fact they are making no comment doesn't make the situation any clearer.

The facts are that this takeover has been presented to Fleet fans as a "fait accompli" and they have had no say whatsover in the decision.

I'm sure that you want to get the true feelings of all that support the Fleet before progressing with the takeover

Why don't you put this as a subject on the MyFC forum and see what feedback you get over there.

Originally Posted By: clowntown
Without wishing to appear patronising, I'm not sure the pre-exististing G&N fans really appreciate what's in their best interests. Whilst perusing the Gans' comments on this forum I am somewhat reminded of an elderly gentlemen who has fallen in the street, breaking his hip, but will stubbornly refuse all offers of help, eg people trying to lift him up, call him an ambulance etc, because he "doesn't want to make a fuss" and/or he's an old soldier too proud to ask for help. Do you think passers-by should just leave him there to suffer/die, or do you think the right thing to do is to ignore the old man's refusals and give him the help that he quite clearly needs. Personally I am not the sort of person to just walk on by, and nor are the members of MyFC. Whilst you may be stubbornly refusing our help now, in a year or two's time when you have reaped the benefits, your gratitude will be unfaltering. I am correct on this.

I never thought you were patronising......Fcking arrogant......Yes!