Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The question that MyFc keeps avoiding

Mackster

Originally Posted By: George Reilly's Hairpiece
So not only does the company earn the nice little admin fee, it also gets to use the publicity created to build the brand and then piggy back off the website to create additional income streams for itself. Note that this money goes nowhere near the club purchased by the venture. But of course, no one is getting rich out of this are they? Now it becomes clear why the website is hived off into a seperate profit making organisation.

And yet, despite countless opportunities already to cash in, no advertising appears on the MyFC site save a small EA Sports logo on the bottom right corner, indicating their sponsorship.

I'm not sure why there's such suspicion of the website owners. Like every other business, they have the right to generate income. Nothing they do deprives the club. The 27.50 each member contributes directly to the club stays with the club.

With more than 200,000 pounds already spent on legal fees, their admin fee doesn't strike me as unreasonable at all. And it's never been a hidden item. Would I like the fee to be less? Of course, because it would mean more for the club. But I'm not suggesting that I think it's feasible to lower it now either.

Originally Posted By: rsheard

And yet, despite countless opportunities already to cash in, no advertising appears on the MyFC site save a small EA Sports logo on the bottom right corner, indicating their sponsorship.

Would you care for a small wager that it doesn't appear in the future? The fact that the agreement specifically allows for it makes me more than a little confident.

I'm not sure why there's such suspicion of the website owners. Like every other business, they have the right to generate income. Nothing they do deprives the club. The 27.50 each member contributes directly to the club stays with the club.

Because this isn't some long established business that has been around for years. It is a business that has taken the name of the venture, misleading in many respects as it could be viewed that it is one and the same as the society in terms of its aims. In fact its objective is very different and that is to make money and to maximise shareholder wealth.

Originally Posted By: Aftershow
Why shouldn't all the proceeds go to the football club being helped if their motives are purely altruistic? Why not include the website and it's ownership in the society?

Excellent question. Why does it not become a part of the club, all the proceeds of membership then go into the club, and the "running costs" of these activities then become part of the clubs costs.

Much greater transparency

Hang on a minute............Why should the Minority pay for your little game out of the Clubs funds that, they contribute to?
Are you really trying to start a riot?
Any costs should come from the Myclub individuals!

Originally Posted By: commonsense
They won't be going intothe rules, they already are, as from the 16th of July- last page MFC Rules.pdf

So there is a provision in your IPS to pay £7.50 for every member, every year, to an outside body - an outside body owned by Mr Will Brooks?

There is a provision that 21% of all subscriptions go to the Operator as an admin fee. If the sub is increased then the cost per head could be higher.

No, I won't take that bet because I expected them to accept advertising before now. It won't surprise me if and when it happens. I've owned businesses before and know what startup can be like. I don't believe it's fair to say that a business which posts its agreement on the web is misleading anyone.

If it were an offshore shell company with no real address, no real names of staff, and no real way to trace, you'd have a point. But on this score, I think you're wrong.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

Hang on a minute............Why should the Minority pay for your little game out of the Clubs funds that, they contribute to?

Apologies, I think you've misunderstood me. I'm trying to explore Mr Brooks' motives here, rather than making a serious suggestion that the true fans should pay for this farce

Its interesting that money is being syphoned out of the club to a company whose sole purpose is to deal with the affairs of the football club

No idea. We're not privy to their company's financial details. I suspect the EA Sponsorship deal helps their cash flow. Just conjecture, though. Of course, the legal fees aren't a recurring item, so once the purchase is wrapped up, then they can get down to running the site and catch their collective breaths.

Why shouldn't all the proceeds go to the football club being helped if their motives are purely altruistic? Why not include the website and it's ownership in the society?

Excellent question. Why does it not become a part of the club, all the proceeds of membership then go into the club, and the "running costs" of these activities then become part of the clubs costs.

Much greater transparency

In one post it would be a burden for the club to recive the extra 20,000 x £7.50.

I think everyone understands Mr. Brooks motives!
20,000x 7.50 Pounds forAdministration for a company run out of a Top Floor Flat. Do the Math!

and in another he is raking it in...?

No idea. We're not privy to their company's financial details. I suspect the EA Sponsorship deal helps their cash flow. Just conjecture, though. Of course, the legal fees aren't a recurring item, so once the purchase is wrapped up, then they can get down to running the site and catch their collective breaths.

Might be an idea then for the society members to find out then? Afterall if they are going to do all your admin work and run your website and they go to the wall then where does that leave the society?

Guess it explains why they are so keen to get any club and get those £7.50's coming in.

It is hard to gauge whether Ebbsfleet fans are for or against MYFC from this forum as there have only been a small number of posters, one of which seems to live in the US.

I note that the Supporters trust are due to meet soon and I will be interested to hear their views on this following their meeting.

I have to say in the meantime, more and more Ebbsfleet fans are joining MYFC as we speak. This very encouraging but by no means definitive.

hope that the majority of Ebbsfleet fans will recognise the benefits MYFC will bring. I honestly believe that for the first time they really will have a full say in the running of the club, and, again possibly ffor the first time, they will be privy to the clubs accounts and business and club decisions.

Whether I personally vote to sanction the deal will in large part depend on support of the proposal of local fans. As I say MYFC members do take their views seriously.

The more I read, the more I go back to my original view on this subject. It is quiet simply a clever idea on how to exploit football further for financial gain. I do believe Ebbsfleet United will benefit from this venture in the short term. I don't think that should be questioned. Donechai says that there is no profit made anywhere because it is a non profit organisation. He is in a dreamland if he thinks nobody is personally profitting from this.

What must be questioned is that they are trying to disguise this as caring about football. As soon as the deal goes through, the advertising will go up, the exploitation will increase and if you have agreed to their T&Cs when signing up you will not have a legal leg to stand on even if you get a majority vote.

No matter how you disguise it, it is basically a football charity group and Ebbsfleet is the poor little impoverished child. Like many charitable organistions out there, they are non profit making in so far as the company is concerned but it's in the admin costs where they could justify paying a director 70k a year plus bonuses. No if that's not making a profit then what is?

Ruined.

None of these concerns of yours are new. All have been discussed at length within the MYFC forums.

It is true that the Limited company running the website and admin will be drawing an income, though you £70K is far from the truth.

The originators of MYFC have been working on this project for almost a year now and have taken no income from it yet, it is not unreasonable that they should receive an income from it in th future if they are working on it full time. By the way, I should point out, I am NOT one of them. I will be getting NO income from the project. I have a full time job myself.

Any abuse by the operators of MYFC will lead to people not renewing their membership and that is not in anyone's interest. Certainly not theirs.

As I say, this is going to be one of the most transparent football club operations in existence. It is interesting that there is little comment on this or any other football forum about the details of remuneration of existing club owners, but as soon as a large group of football fans get together to buy a club, some people cry "foul".

Again I say, ask the owners of any privately owned club whether they will allow votes on every decision they make and agree to be bound by that vote. It won't happen.

With MYFC however, that is exactly the point of its existence. You will get a say, your voice will be meaningful and together we can develop this club.

The more Ebbsfleet fans join MYFC (and there have already been lots) the more their voice will be heard. It is of course your choice, but i can assure you tht you will be very welcome.

I certainly don't think it unreasonable for someone to gain an income from this if it becomes their full time job. This is surely only fair. However, my fears are that it may become an indirect way of making another fat cat director. These wealthy owners of football clubs throughout the UK is, in my own opinion, a serious illness of the sport. As soon as one pushes the financial boundaries the others have to follow or face ruin.

70k per annum was a figure I plucked out of the air and it may seem extraordinary now, but if the venture prospers, the man at the top of the ladder would command a fine salary for his services.

The potential for profit on affairs outwith the club is huge. So i'm not convinced the whole affair is particularly in the interests of football as a sport but more the entrepeneurs who have created it. We should be trying to figure out ways of bringing football back to the masses by removing the rediculous amounts of money involved, not making it worse.

I cannot agree more with you about the ridiculous money involved in football now. For example, it costs £49 to take me and by lad to watch Leicester City play (and they are hardly Chelsea are they smile )

I think at least the money that MYFC will be putting in is at least dependent on fan support. If there is abuse, it can be challenged and ultimately can withdraw. Anyone within the organisation is only as strong as the number of members involved.

In normal football ownership, if fans disagree, theonly recourse is staying away from games or protesting out in the cold.

We at least can have far more influence and of course have the ultimate sanction of taking their money away from them.

Hi all.

I am another MYFC member that is interested in the views of the 'proper' Ebbsfleet fans. Having looked at some of the posts on this thread, it appears that some of you are concerned that the MyFC model is going to create some sort of 'Fat Cat' scenario. This is definitely not what the MyFC model is all about - it is so we have a club run by the people, for the people, and all 20,000 of us 'directors' will decide in a democratic way how are decisions are made. What has become apparent is that some people what stage we are at in negotiations. A 'deal in principle' has been agreed for MyFC to buy a controlling stake (51%) in the Fleet. This means that MyFC does not own the club. The board will still remain with the addition of MyFC directors, so we will not be automatically be steamrollering decisions through. (Can somebody also please tell me whether the supporters trust also have a stake in the club?)

Some of you have also alluded to the sponsorship element. The money that EA have/are paying to MyFC will be added to the fund that has been created with our membership fees, giving us greater scope to improve the club in the future. We are not about to be some big 'conglomerate', ripping the heart out of a club and replacing it with free tickets for all our prawn sandwich munching sponsors - do you think 20,000 (and rising) of us will vote for it?????????

I really hope that the majority of Fleet supporters get on board with us on this. I feel that there are 3 options for all the existing supporters. Do nothing, join MyFC and embrace the opportunity to be involved in the decision making process for your team (something that I imagine the current board doesn't give you), or join the supporters' trust so that you can be in a position to oppose the changes put forward by MyFC. I understand the there are those of you who are apprehensive, but to you I would say just wait and see what we can do for the club, I think that you will be pleasantly surprised.