Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The question that MyFc keeps avoiding

Mackster

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

I never thought you were patronising......Fcking arrogant......Yes!

Can't argue with that assessment.

The quote I made in my first post is taken from the announcement and press release issued yesterday morning. It was a quote from a supporters trust member given to the press and is in the public domain. If this was misquoted by the press (I know what they can be like) then perhaps the member concerned can advise of their correct statement.

I myself have submitted that quote here in good faith.

Originally Posted By: Mackster
Glad you replied Paul, but it seems virtually all Fleet fans have been in the dark, despite you claiming that The Trust were involved in discussions. The fact they are making no comment doesn't make the situation any clearer.

The facts are that this takeover has been presented to Fleet fans as a "fait accompli" and they have had no say whatsover in the decision.

I'm sure that you want to get the true feelings of all that support the Fleet before progressing with the takeover

Why don't you put this as a subject on the MyFC forum and see what feedback you get over there.

Hi Mackster.

The deal is not a fait accompli, as we speak, I understand that the proposal is subject to due diligence and other legal stuff and will then be put to the members of MYFC to ratify or otherwise.

As you can imagine, all issues Ebbsfleet are being very much discussed on the MYFC forum but if the Ebbsfleet supporters trust would like to make an official statement, I would be more than happy to post it to our forums and report back here some of the comments made. I promise i won't cherry pick smile

oh and spinning isn't my thing, it makes me dizzy smile

Since I've just discovered this thread and it was partially addressed to me, I'll comment, even though I'm not privvy to any information other than what's been released to the MyFC members and the press.

I am a single member of MyFC and don't represent the organization in any official capacity.

My thinking is that the reason the club's supporters were not polled beforehand is the same reason the MyFC members were not told any details of the negotiations either. Eight of the nine clubs that approached MyFC demanded that the negotiations remain anonymous. None of the clubs wanted the publicity if their club wasn't the one purchased. I'm no expert on the sale of clubs, but that sounds pretty standard.

So the fact that you weren't polled directly is a function of that demand for secrecy by your board. In lieu of that, MyFC met with the Supporters Trust apparently. The only statement I've seen is the short blurb in yesterday's press release.

And I also want to point out that the first post in this thread isn't entirely accurate. Several current supporters last night pointed out that those most opposed to MyFC's purchase do not represent all of the current supporters. Many have claimed that they wish to wait and see. Several others have claimed enthusiastic support of the purchase.

But the real issue you addressed is that the board did not want their negotiations made public, so MyFC members learned about it when you did yesterday. But that in no way means that MyFC members don't care what the supporters think. We do. That's why Paul, myself, and others are here, hoping to explain the organization's plans thoroughly and to show you that our goals are ultimately the same...the long-term growth and success of EUFC.

Sorry for the long-windedness of this reply. Paul's answer was better, but I didn't want you to think I ignored your thread.

Originally Posted By: David Holden
Quote:
As part of the discussions with Ebbsfleet, the Supporters trust were fully consulted and appraised of the details of the plan. This was very important to us.

And you can produce the minutes of these meetings of course.

Hi David, no I can't. I am a member of the MYFC forum team, The team involved with negotiation with clubs were acting confidentially, as was required by the circumstances. The members were not privy to the details of the conversations held.

As I say it would be good to hear from the supporters trust to hear their views.

So it all appears the MyFc members know nothing, they would have supported whatever team they are told to by the MyFc hierachy.

The fact is Ebbsfleet United will change from the club it once was with a real identity to a new entity to please 20,000+ plastic fans who can't be bothered to go and follow their local team.

Don't underestimate the intelligence of the Fleet fans by trying to tell us all what MyFc stands for. As far as the Fleet fans are concerned you are stealing their club. Its not about the money, it's about the identity.

You may have 20,000+ members, but to millions up and down the country who follow their own teams Ebbsfleet/MyFC will be seen as a joke club.

For MyFc to have any credibility they should have started their own club from scratch instead of exploiting The Fleet.

Wait to you hear the songs at Oxford "Who the fecking hell are you" will never seen more apt

Will the club and MyFC catch hell from other fans throughout the country? Naturally.

If and when EUFC starts passing them in the table and moving into the next division, will the taunting matter then? Not much.

If the endeavor falls on its face, we will deserve every derisive remark about being wannabes, etc. If it succeeds, however, which of the nay-sayers will step up and admit he was wrong?

Well I see a future of MyFc Utd being the new MK Dons, lets just nick a club for our own ends. No matter how successful it will always be seen as a joke. I just don't think you get what an identity means to a football club.

I forsee Gravesend & Northfleet taking up the favour owed by Dartford Fc and sharing Princes Park and starting again in The Kent County League.

Its still not to late to change your mind and gain some credibility by starting a new club like FC United. Is that not a good idea?

So it all appears the MyFc members know nothing, they would have supported whatever team they are told to by the MyFc hierachy.

The fact is Ebbsfleet United will change from the club it once was with a real identity to a new entity to please 20,000+ plastic fans who can't be bothered to go and follow their local team.

Don't underestimate the intelligence of the Fleet fans by trying to tell us all what MyFc stands for. As far as the Fleet fans are concerned you are stealing their club. Its not about the money, it's about the identity.

You may have 20,000+ members, but to millions up and down the country who follow their own teams Ebbsfleet/MyFC will be seen as a joke club.

For MyFc to have any credibility they should have started their own club from scratch instead of exploiting The Fleet.

Wait to you hear the songs at Oxford "Who the fecking hell are you" will never seen more apt

Hi Mackster.

No this is not the case. All aspects have been fully discussed among the membership.
In every case where we have been in discussion with clubs, including Ebbsfleet, the MYFC team have been required to keep confidentiality by the clubs themselves. it would have been far esier for us if we could have given full details of talks but this would have been a betrayal of confidence and probably would have subjected us to legal action by the club. Surely you appreciate that.

Its not fair to suggest we know nothing because I answered a specific question (ie have i seen minutes) honestly.

Your suggestion that we are stealing your club is a little emotive with respect. This is a purchase of a club, the sort of purchase that happens regularly. The main difference is that the group purchasing your club wants people like yourself as a member so that you can play your full part in the decision making process. The views of Ebbsfleet supporters are very much sought after all as you have a good prior knowledge of the club.

Allow me to ask a question in return.

How many club purchases do you know that have asked the fans to join them and become one of the owners. get on board Mackster, you obviously care for the club and you and the other Ebbsfleet posters here would play an important role in the development of your club.

Hi all,

I'm new here. Saw the story on tv. I am a football fan but not a fan of Ebbsfleet United, so I won't pretend to be.

This whole affair really seems to bother me. First of all, anyone giving 35 quid a season to a fund a team they know nothing about to an organisation they know little about seems strange. Why don't you donate the money to your local team?

These are only donations from what I can see. You can't make a profit from your investment. Even if the club is sold years down the line for a profit, the profits will go to a charity.

So why are people throwing money at MyFC? I don't think they quiet understand what they are doing. They have no real bearing on the club(even with a vote). They are still at the mercy of directors and chairmen.

How can 50,000 people pick a the team for saturday when they are not on the training ground during the week? MyFC says that you can decide based on recommendations from the head coach. So basically the head coach picks it!! Liam Daish is gonna have his work cut out now!

To me it seems that MyFC have come up with a simple idea which is great for making them money and has nothing to do with helping football.

"£7.50 will go towards the administration of the MyFootballClub Trust and the building and management of the MyFootballClub website"

At 53,000 members that is almost 400 grand a year to MyFC. Not bad if you can get it eh!!!

This is an extremely interesting point and certainly has the capacity to give MyFC a rather hypocritical image which will only make matters worse for you, the existing fans.

I know that MyFC members are extremely keen to get you guys involved with the venture - as Arithon says, numerous discussions have been raised and debated about how to show the supporters of any club we might purchase that we are not in it for a laugh and we really have the same interst as you with regard to the future success of the club.

We can't pretend that we're Ebbsfleet fans (aside from a handful) and no, we probably don't know who your reserve keeper is but we will learn and we will live the adventure that is Ebbsfleet Utd (for every club has it's own story).

To try to answer your question from a purely perosnal view, it does clearly jar with the MyFC concept that we might takeover a club whose fans are set against us. The reality is, however, that this will be the case with any club - much as it is with virtually any takeover (think the Glazers). The difference here is that were you to join MyFC (I know, I know maybe not just yet then) you would actually have a say in the running of your football club. And no matter how much you may hate the concept can you honestly say you've ever had a say in the way Ebbsfleet has been run? Are you really happy about the name change that seems to be so hated?

I nrealise the whole thing is a shock to you and it's a lot to take in but just for a moment look at this through the cold lightn of day - for Ebbsfleet to survice, and prosper, a cash injection is needed. You can either get a sugar-daddy (who I presume doesn't exist) who will run the club like his own plaything and make all the decisions himself, or you can have a group of football fans willing to put in money for no return who despertely want this club to succeed amd to bring existing fans into a position they have never been in - part-control of the club.

I know which I'd choose once the bitterness had worn off...

Originally Posted By: Arithon

Hi Mackster.

No this is not the case. All aspects have been fully discussed among the membership.
In every case where we have been in discussion with clubs, including Ebbsfleet, the MYFC team have been required to keep confidentiality by the clubs themselves. it would have been far esier for us if we could have given full details of talks but this would have been a betrayal of confidence and probably would have subjected us to legal action by the club. Surely you appreciate that.

Its not fair to suggest we know nothing because I answered a specific question (ie have i seen minutes) honestly.

Your suggestion that we are stealing your club is a little emotive with respect. This is a purchase of a club, the sort of purchase that happens regularly. The main difference is that the group purchasing your club wants people like yourself as a member so that you can play your full part in the decision making process. The views of Ebbsfleet supporters are very much sought after all as you have a good prior knowledge of the club.

Allow me to ask a question in return.

How many club purchases do you know that have asked the fans to join them and become one of the owners. get on board Mackster, you obviously care for the club and you and the other Ebbsfleet posters here would play an important role in the development of your club.

Well Arithon you may have realised by now that it is an emotive issue and Fleet fans care for their club. They have grown up with it not just picked it out in a lucky dip. You now want Fleet fans to pay £35 to join YOUR club.

Real football fans support their club, they live and die with it.
A load of people messing with somebody else's football club for fun is just plain wrong in my opinion.

You say who consults the fans before a takeover. Well MyFc had an opportunity to do so because you wanted to be different, but you chose the same grubby well worn path that is associated with many other takeovers. You are not Romanov, Abromovich, Ken Bates, George Reynolds or John Russell, you are supposedly football fans, yet you are prepared trample through this club without any respect who was here first.

You must wonder why there is so much opposition to MyFc, not just by Fleet fans, but by fans from all over the country. Well Ebbsfleet is being turned into a plastic, watered down facsimile of a football club and you are ripping out its heart. Sorry to be emotive again, but if you lot had any passion for the game you would understand exactly what I'm on about.

You wanna do something to impress me ? Start a club from scratch and take it through the league system.

I agree with toddybad. I am another plastic fan, hailing from Switzerland. I currently support two Swiss teams, one the equivalent of a Championship team in England, the other (my birthplace, sentimental [****!!****] that I am) a league four equivalent. Not in money though, that would be league 9 in England. So Ebbsfleet got me as a supporter, because I like the MyFC idea and paid 35 quid. I didn't even know Ebbsfleet existed until today. So what? We'll buy it and it will be my team. Only difference: 23000 assholes instead of one Abramovich.

What the hard-nosed local fans can expect from me is support for another name change (back to the old one, which was the thing), and a visit for a couple of games in either January or April. We could have a go at some pints and take it from there, plasticwise.

I would be perfectly happy to vote yes on a mYfC motion to give all season ticket holders/supporters trust members membership to MyFC.

One thing is though, how long would this go on for? I mean, I have paid £35 - only a small sum I know but over the years vthis wil mount up. After, say, 10 years will I qualify as an Ebbsfleet fan, and if I do should you still get free membership whilst I pay?

I think 1 years free membership as a gesture of goodwill would be effective but we would have to consider how we could prolong this if at all.

I think, in the end, unless you sign up for MYfc and see how it works, you may never fully understand what we're about. Yes there's a lot of rubbish written but for every stupid idea there are 10 gret ones and in the end you would need a majority to enact anthing.

As a final thought, our members are not all sweaty students who have got bored of the latest Championship mamanger release - we are people from a wide range of backgrounds which can only help the club - for example one member owns a recruitment consultancy firm and i believe has pledged free consultancy work to recruit staff at the club. It all counts and can it really be any worse than the previous regime you all seem to despise so much?

Originally Posted By: toddybad
I would be perfectly happy to vote yes on a mYfC motion to give all season ticket holders/supporters trust members membership to MyFC.

One thing is though, how long would this go on for? I mean, I have paid £35 - only a small sum I know but over the years vthis wil mount up. After, say, 10 years will I qualify as an Ebbsfleet fan, and if I do should you still get free membership whilst I pay?

Why not? You are paying £35 annually, they are paying £180

That what's bugging everyone, most clubs have always been able to get rid of 1 or 2 [****!!****]'s, but 23,000 is a daunting task.

"We could have a go at some pints and take it from there, plasticwise."

That's probably the best suggestion: a few pints and things always seem better