Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The question that MyFc keeps avoiding

Mackster

Why don't these new fans spend their money on something they care about, even donate it to charity or something. Fleet fans, like most other clubs in the world, support their team because it is their team. They won't change their sides. They'll celebrate when they win, they'll whinge when they lose, but they will always be the supporters because the have always been. They must be happy with the club as it is. They really don't need and shouldn't have to put up with a syndicate buyout. Most of the "35 pound fans" will show great interest at first, it will then fade away until Fleet win promotion or something. The novelty WILL wear off. I would be interested to see how many would renew their subscription after 12 months. There will DEFINITELY be a decline and all the while MyFC has made off with 400 grand in their back pocket. If you were really bothered, why didn't you all donate 35 quid to the club in the first place?????

ruined - I have read elsewhere on the forum that the club were struggling financially and have been looking for some time for an investor.

If Pete Wincleman had turned up 4 years ago with a big pot of money but a 'normal' scheme would you have reacted the same way? what about when he moved you 150miles down the road?

Where else can you get the investment the club need? After all I don't see you finding a bunch of Ebbsfleet supporting mates to throw £700k a year at the club.

It's alright giving clever answers and asking pointed questions but it seems to me the reality is you have to do something and (unfortunately maybe) we seem to be the best option available to you.

It's as difficult and as easy as that.

Aplogies that this post is more to the point than my others but it seems that some fans refuse to read our thoughts and at least consider the possibility that it might not all be doom and gloom. I do understand you're all in footballing shock but you have to accept a reasoned argument when it's offered.

An absolutely valid point.

I joined MyFC at the outset due to blind faith - make of that what they will but please go easy on the insults as I am a sensitive soul.

It is a concept that appears absolutely crazy to some, and absolutely fundamental to others. The aim will be to make sure that everybody is happy with it.

As an outsider reading this thread it is apparent that the whole thing is a total shambles. I'm afraid it opens up both parties to ridicule and hasn't got a cat in hells chance of working.

If this goes ahead, I would strongly suggest the hardcore group of fans reforms at the lowest level and start Gravesend and Northfleet from scratch. That will be a team run by fans, not by IP addresses from around the globe. I can't believe the FA are going to allow this. Well, sadly I can giveup

Toddy, I'm not a Fleet supporter, as I said earlier. I just love football! Top flight football has annoyed me for years because of the amount of money in it. It is not a sport anymore just a financial transaction. I will always be against giving one man 150,000 pounds per week to run around a football field when the national average wage is something like 20,000 per annum. Look at the premiership, there are seriously 3-4 teams who can win it because they are in a different spending league to the rest. That is a shame, just like the champions league.

When this starts happening to grass roots football and non league clubs I get very worried. This is not good for the game. Ok, MyFC helps out Fleet today. Lets say that they do really well and get promoted. Do you not think that it'll set a precedent for all the other clubs to try and get the quick buck to success? When this happens, football is finished.

My main problem with this whole issue is that MyFC will be making so much money off the back of it. Also,do you think that MyFC will stop with just one club????

Originally Posted By: ruined

My main problem with this whole issue is that MyFC will be making so much money off the back of it.

MyFC is not and cannot make any money off the back of anything - it is a not-for-profit organisation.

Also,do you think that MyFC will stop with just one club????

This is a one off - not a hope of it happening again. Other individuals have tried copy-cat schemes but have a fraction of the support generated by MyFC. There has been so much work put into getting this off the ground - and so much required to keep it afloat - there just would not be the time to do it again.

Originally Posted By: doheochai

My main problem with this whole issue is that MyFC will be making so much money off the back of it.

MyFC is not and cannot make any money off the back of anything - it is a not-for-profit organisation.

Also,do you think that MyFC will stop with just one club????

This is a one off - not a hope of it happening again. Other individuals have tried copy-cat schemes but have a fraction of the support generated by MyFC. There has been so much work put into getting this off the ground - and so much required to keep it afloat - there just would not be the time to do it again.

The operator is a profit making organisation and certainly can make a healthy profit off the back of it.

There is a reason why there is a cut off of 15,000 members - below which triggers a vote to sell MyFC. I suspect this is because it is not financially viable for the provider to continue operating the website. Yes the provider can make a profit - but the membership would have to be significantly higher than it is before it would even become any kind of a substantial figure. And if the membership of MyFC are not happy with the provider for any reason - a vote can change providers.

Within a few weeks, when the deal is finished (I hope), we'll know at that point precisely how many members there are. Then it's simple multiplication. What the operator will have to do to keep the members satisfied is to supply us with their costs so that we can see if we believe the fee is justified or not.

I personally believe that if the membership grows substantially larger than the original 50,000 goal, the operator will volunteer to reduce the percentage going to themselves. They have to realize that not doing so will create animosity among the MyFC members.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
I must say MyFootballClub Limited has a real s[****!!****]y head office address, and would make me feel safe with giving over money!

TOP FLOOR FLAT, 87 HARWOOD ROAD FULHAM LONDON SW6 4QL SW6 4QL

Not for long I'd imagine, the amount they are gonna get for this

rsheard said: I personally believe that if the membership grows substantially larger than the original 50,000 goal, the operator will volunteer to reduce the percentage going to themselves. They have to realize that not doing so will create animosity among the MyFC members.

The operator disagrees, and Mr. Brooks walks away with all those 7.50's?

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
rsheard said: I personally believe that if the membership grows substantially larger than the original 50,000 goal, the operator will volunteer to reduce the percentage going to themselves. They have to realize that not doing so will create animosity among the MyFC members.

The operator disagrees, and Mr. Brooks walks away with all those 7.50's?

No, if the operator disagrees and the members vote to do so, the operator's client moves on to another operator and operator has no more business. I don't think Will's company would ever be that short-sighted, but it is always a possibility.