Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The question that MyFc keeps avoiding

Mackster

Originally Posted By: George Reilly's Hairpiece
Perhaps you can point me to the where in the T&C's it provides for the admin fee to be reduced? In Schedule 2 it only allows for an increase in subs and a flat 21% for following years.

Furthermore, who owns the intellectual rights to the website?

The flat 21% fee IS the current agreement. That doesn't prohibit an adjustment in the future.

I'm reasonably sure the operator owns the intellectual rights to the website.

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
so can the members vote to get rid of the operator?

Absolutely, although I doubt it would be a vote taken rashly. Once the club is purchased, the Society owns it and the operator takes on its continual role as hub between the members and the club. But the Society can always vote to choose a different operator. I don't believe it will happen, but it is a possibility. I also don't believe we'll ever have so many members that it becomes the issue we're imagining right now. I could be completely wrong, though, and in some ways, hope I am. I'd love to see enough members to help the club climb up the divisions.

Originally Posted By: rsheard

The flat 21% fee IS the current agreement. That doesn't prohibit an adjustment in the future.

Can you show me where that is allowed for in the T&C's?

So given that one of the fundementals in this venture it voting through the website, how can you walk away from the operator when it owns the intellectual rights to the website?

Relationship with the operator is outlined.

So given that one of the fundementals in this venture it voting through the website, how can you walk away from the operator when it owns the intellectual rights to the website?

Yes we can - we would have to find another provider to provide a similar set-up etc.

Saying that - Will Downes and his co-workers have put in a huge amount of work into this project. At all times they has been accessible to members, have shown the utmost respect for all football people and have demonstrated an incredible committment to this project. I, for one, have no problem with the way the MyFC site has been run so far and I don't envisage any problems in the future.

The T&C are the current agreement between the society and the operator. There's nothing in that agreement that says it can never be adjusted and that we're bound to a single operator for the life of a society. The operator is like any other vendor in the long run. If the society decides not to continue with the operator, it can choose another vendor.

Yes, the operator owns the rights to their site and their code, etc. That doesn't prohibit another operator from designing its own website that gives us the equivalent in functionality. They don't own the concept of internet voting outright.

p.s. I agree, however, with the above post. I don't have any problem with Will and his company's setup. His idea brought us all together and I don't object to his company earning something in the process. In my opinion, they've deserved it.

The T&C are the current agreement between the society and the operator. There's nothing in that agreement that says it can never be adjusted and that we're bound to a single operator for the life of a society. The operator is like any other vendor in the long run. If the society decides not to continue with the operator, it can choose another vendor.

Yes, the operator owns the rights to their site and their code, etc. That doesn't prohibit another operator from designing its own website that gives us the equivalent in functionality. They don't own the concept of internet voting outright.

p.s. I agree, however, with the above post. I don't have any problem with Will and his company's setup. His idea brought us all together and I don't object to his company earning something in the process. In my opinion, they've deserved it.

I never said it did, I simply asked where in the T&C's it allowed for the admin fee to be reduced. I can only find an agreement in place for the subs to be increased not decreased.

I do object to a company earning something when they proclaim to be in this to help support a football club, but prefer to keep the fact that they are getting rich off the back of it on the quiet. Why shouldn't all the proceeds go to the football club being helped if their motives are purely altruistic? Why not include the website and it's ownership in the society?

Originally Posted By: doheochai

Saying that - Will Downes and his co-workers have put in a huge amount of work into this project. At all times they has been accessible to members, have shown the utmost respect for all football people

"Utmost respect for all football people"

Do Ebsfleet United supporters not count as 'football people'?

I spoke to a number of my fellow supporters at my team's game this evening, and not one of them had a good word to say about your little venture. Make of that what you will

Why shouldn't all the proceeds go to the football club being helped if their motives are purely altruistic? Why not include the website and it's ownership in the society?

Excellent question. Why does it not become a part of the club, all the proceeds of membership then go into the club, and the "running costs" of these activities then become part of the clubs costs.

Much greater transparency

Originally Posted By: Aftershow
Why shouldn't all the proceeds go to the football club being helped if their motives are purely altruistic? Why not include the website and it's ownership in the society?

Excellent question. Why does it not become a part of the club, all the proceeds of membership then go into the club, and the "running costs" of these activities then become part of the clubs costs.

Much greater transparency

I don't disagree with you on this point. Once a club is secured, it could be melded into the club. But that isn't something the Society can force. The operator is a separate business and we have no say in how it is run. A point for Will Brooks to address.

Originally Posted By: Aftershow
A point for Will Brooks to address.
It appears to me that you are expected to pay £35 a year to your IPS, of which £7.50 is then payed to MyFC Ltd. Can you confirm this? Is this part of the T&Cs?

That's the current agreement, yes. Again, if you'd like to read the entire document, you don't have to join MyFC to do so. On the front page of the MyFC site, scroll to the bottom and the FAQs and T&Cs are linked.

That's the current agreement, yes. Again, if you'd like to read the entire document, you don't have to join MyFC to do so. On the front page of the MyFC site, scroll to the bottom and the FAQs and T&Cs are linked.

So this is something which will presumably be going into the rules of your IPS? Otherwise there is nothing compelling the IPS to pay Mr Brooks his £7.50

Originally Posted By: T&Cs 20 No Partnership
For the avoidance of doubt, the Operator is the owner of the Website and shall be entitled to sell goods and/or services through the Website in addition to the Services which it agrees to provide on the Website in accordance with this Agreement, to place advertisements on the Website, and generally to exploit the Website, built similar websites and engage in other commercial activities (other then the Services is provides hereunder). Any income derived from the Website or from the said activities shall belong to the Operator.

So not only does the company earn the nice little admin fee, it also gets to use the publicity created to build the brand and then piggy back off the website to create additional income streams for itself. Note that this money goes nowhere near the club purchased by the venture. But of course, no one is getting rich out of this are they? Now it becomes clear why the website is hived off into a seperate profit making organisation.