Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The question that MyFc keeps avoiding

Mackster

Riccy you can't have been reading the posts too well. I'm well aware of what MyFC are proposing to do, one man-one vote and all that blah, blah, blah. The people behind MyFC are simply opportunists who have managed to recruit a bunch fad following idiots, take their money and they WILL profit from it so that they can play with a real club and real fans. As for the sponsorship, is that not a completely different thing. From what I gathered the only money going to the club is 27.50 per memeber. Or am I wrong about that too?

Ruined,

I didn't say that you were wrong at all, and I would disagree that we MyFC members are idiots. You are correct about the £27.50 going into the fund and £7.50 to the 'admin costs'. As for the originators of the idea being'opportunists', I suppose they are; opportunists in that they have a vision of a club for fans rada,rada that all the members have bought into.

I am sorry if you feel that I have antogonised you at all, as that was certainly not my intention when I posted on your forum. If you are that opposed to what we are doing, please voice all your concerns in your next post and I will put that into the MyFC forums for the 'management' to take forward as part of the negotiations with the club and supporters trust, and also hopefully get you a formal response from MyFC hierarchy itself.

"opportunists in that they have a vision of a club for fans rada,rada that all the members have bought into."

But that "vision" exists already. Fans own and run Stockport, Exeter, FC United, Runcorn, Scarborough Athletic & Brentford amongst others. The only opportunism going on here is diverting 21% of members money to an outside company...

You haven't antagonised me riccy. I didn't mean to come across that way.

What i am trying to put across is what dewsbury is saying too. Why do people need a company to be set up to support their team? A company which creams 20% of the money for themselves plus whatever they can generate with website sponsorship and the like.

Supporters of this club, as with any other, follow their team on a weekly basis, buy football strips of their club, pay to watch the games plus any travel expenses and maybe more. Now for a company who knows nothing of the club and has never supported it to come in and say this is how it is going to be, i think it is a tad unfair to the existing supporters. Supporters who already spend a fair amount of money supporting their team are now being asked to pay 35 quid extra to be involved in their club, 20% of which doesn't even go to the team. Not very fair at all.

From what I've noticed on here, quiet a few of the MyFC members are not even living in England. So is 35quid going to be the only contribution from these while the existing supporters carry on supporting the team at games in the cold and rain of the winter months. There are more things wrong than right with the MyFC proposal.

As for the existing trust group, if trust groups in general are anything to go by then the smell of money will soon blinker their ideas.

Ruined,

I get where you and Dewsbury are coming from now (sorry for being slow). What I will do is get back onto the MyFC forum and ask the question about what the actual breakdown of the £7.50 admin charge is and where the money ends up at. Hopefully the powers that be will answer me and then I will post the answers back on here for you all to look at.

But Dewsbury SAFC, that's what so sad about this. Most MyFc members probably have a small club nearby that needs all the support it can get, yet they've never considered to get involved.

As soon as some clever fella comes along with a flash website they're signing up like lemmings. It must be the fact they are told they can pick the team.

On the Exeter forum there is always a thread "TEAM FOR OUR NEXT OPPONENTS" and 90% of posters pick pretty much the team that will start, and will it be 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 - well how much choice is there? Its a fallacy how much input they will have into team affairs, but a very clever idea to whip up interst nonetheless.

How is it going with you and the new Seadogs?

Mackster,

My vote was indeed for Accrington Stanley (I am from Blackpool), but individuals carry little weight in this situation. Everyone coming together and pooling resources is the way to go. Lets not also forget that the Fleet board approached MyFC and not the other way around. There were 4 clubs under consideration, with Ebbsfleet being the best propect i.e. where the MyFC model can have the most impact.

So let me get this right....

You could have simply joined the Accy Supporters Trust

but instead...

You paid £35, joined MyFc, voted for Accy, but got Ebbsfleet instead.

I guess you joined to have a say in a football club, but as you say individuals have very little weight in this situation.

I can understand some of these individuals in Oz or USA etc wanting to get involved in British football through MyFc, but when you have a clubs on your own doorstep I just don't get it.

Mackster,

I get where you are coming from. The thing is that I am not an Accy supporter. What all MyFC members agreed on, however, was to adopt and support ANY club that approached us to take them over,i.e. get at least a 51% stake in, hence why 20,000 extra people are now interested in the Fleet.

Anyway, back to the £7.50 issue. Here is an 'unofficial answer' from MyFC:

"£7.50 x 20,000 only comes to £150,000 per year to run all of the legal admin for the trust, set up a unique website from scratch, intergrate an existing football club into a totally new way of day to day running!

even if you took an average wage for staff members of £20,000 a year (a pitance, trust me i've lived on it) it will only pay the wages of 7 and half people!

so there isn't a huge pot of money that the MyFC comany are sitting on as profit!

Too many people are hung up on who is making money (this is directed at MyFC members by the way - Riccyboy edit)! at the end of the day the ideal this has been set up on is that of running a not-for-profit football club! all profit goes back to the club, keeping the costs imposed on the fans down! tickets prices and replica kit prices down etc... while still producing great football!!!!"

Not the response I suspect everyone was looking for, but a good start nontheless. I will keep going until i get an answer from the top brass.

Just another point - would you all have the same disdain for this takeover if we were a private investor that came to your board to buy your club in order to try and make a profit?

Originally Posted By: Riccyboy

even if you took an average wage for staff members of £20,000 a year (a pitance, trust me i've lived on it) it will only pay the wages of 7 and half people!

Why on earth would MyFC Ltd need 7 full-time staff, seeing as they're not actually running any of the business side of the football club?