Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The question that MyFc keeps avoiding

Mackster

Originally Posted By: JohnB

Err - if there are no members on the website, there is no advertising stream to make money out of. A strong club is needed to keep the members on the website.

The website won't be restriced to just members, only certain parts of it.

I agree with you that the dotcom crash has taught a valuable lesson, which is unless you have a product that can stand the test of time, then you need to make money fast and get out before it comes crashing down around your ears.

How long before the MyFootballClub computer game on the EA Sports label? Life imitating Electronic Arts.

Originally Posted By: Mackster
Originally Posted By: rich32
Can I ask what Ebbsfleet's average home crowd is? And what this forum's average weekly member count is?

How reflective is this forum of the Ebbsfleet fan base?

There will always be fans who are dead against an idea...stuck in the middle...or dead for an idea. Every fan has the right to nair their opinion and also act on it by either turning up or not turning up to games.

I do suspect though that there will be more Ebbsfleet fans who reguarly turn upto games signing up to myfootballclub than there will be protesting against it on message boards like this.

I really hope the concept succeeds. I really hope Ebbsfleet succeeds. If the general voice of the fans understands the game...then both will succeed.

Avg crowd: Just under 1,000

The board & MyFc thought it would be a waste of time to consult the 1,000 odd fans.

Like it or lump is the usual choice given to all football fans, which is a shame because I thought MyFc were trying to be different.

So you would have said no to the 700 grand (probably more than now) if you were given a choice even though you only pay to watch the team rather than control it? I honestly reckon that out of those 1,000 fans over 100 will have signed up by the time your next home game comes around. So 10% of those in the crowd will have voted on the team selection. Wait a minute...there will be a much higher attendance because you will have more fans coming through the gates than you would have had before...therefore bringing in even more money to your club...to add to the biggest club fund of anyone in your league.

Other teams, or fans of those teams, in your league would love to be in your boat.

You have changed what you said because you just contradicted yourself!!!

Original reply was: Would they? Have you asked them? Most club's fans seem pretty relieved not to be invloved in this

Now: Would they? What is your basis for that claim?

I wonder I just wonder if many Chelsea fans were unhappy when they first became the richest team in their league?

I also wonder Aftershow whether or not you will be complaining when Ebbsfleet bring in higher gates, more publicity, and better players to your club? Everytime they win will you be off the opinion: It was just luck those 20,000 fans picked the correct team?

Original reply was: Would they? Have you asked them? Most club's fans seem pretty relieved not to be invloved in this

I wonder I just wonder if many Chelsea fans were unhappy when they first became the richest team in their league?

I also wonder Aftershow whether or not you will be complaining when Ebbsfleet bring in higher gates, more publicity, and better players to your club? Everytime they win will you be off the opinion: It was just luck those 20,000 fans picked the correct team?

Nice spin fella. My original post said "Most fans I'VE SPOKEN TO seem pretty relieved to be not involved in this"

That was a nice sidestep of my question though. Your Chelsea point is irrelevant.

Oh, and i'm not an Ebbsfleet supporter, so your final paragraph too, is irrelevant

Originally Posted By: George Reilly's Hairpiece
The website won't be restriced to just members, only certain parts of it.

Still doesn't work. Unless people get something concrete from the websites they won't stay. The only concrete things that MyFC will have is Ebsfleet shares. If there is nothing to do on the site members won't stay. In that circumstance - they would still need a solid club to purchase - therefore no conflict of interst.

That is one of the reasons why Yahoo and Google are desperately buying up social and photo sites, they can see their users ebbing away.

Rich

Go and look at all the other forums at other clubs and you would get a good idea of whether they would want MyFc.

I thought what happened at Chelsea is one of the reasons why MyFc exist, to give the fans a say etc

It was just luck that those 20,000 picked the correct team. I thought you woke up on Tuesday morning and you were TOLD who the team is.

You think everyone would have accepted the £700k, so no need to ask them. It is this type of arrogance that winds people up and does the MyFc cause no good at all.

You have to understand the 1,000 are more important than the 20,000. They have invested a lifetime, you have invested £35 and you can't buy passion.

Spin? Someones nose is growing over there!

There is no way of proving it now...now that you have deleted what you posted...why did you delete it by the way? Why not keep it there?

Go and join MFC aftershow...I know you want to really!

I've told you what it said, and made it quite clear what my intention was. I changed it because I wanted you to answer my question.

Join MyFC? No ta, I already have my own club I care about, i'm not interested in stealing somebody elses and making Will Brooks rich in the process

So are you actually going to answer my point? Who are all the fans of these other clubs who'd be grateful to have MyFC take them over?

I am not actaualy on MFC...I have just been on loadsa forums (league forums, bbc forums and this one) and am getting idea of what it is all about...I may join...I may not...do you want me to join?

What wrong with me putting money into your club and trying to get you up the leagues?

I am not actaualy on MFC...I have just been on loadsa forums (league forums, bbc forums and this one) and am getting idea of what it is all about...I may join...I may not...do you want me to join?

What wrong with me putting money into your club and trying to get you up the leagues?

I'll take that as a "no, I can't address your point, as I made a statement with little basis in fact"

As i've already said, i'm not an Ebbsfleet supporter, so whether I actually want you to join is irrelevant. I think the entire concept is an absolute farce and is in danger of making mockery of REAL fan-owned clubs

Chaps,

Nothing concrete back yet but some of us MyFC members are asking whether or not a fans forum will be held for the Fleet fans, so I'll report any developments there. Another MyFC member has also pointed out that the 21% running costs is comparable to most charities today, and I personally feel that I am happy for my £7.50 to go to the upkeep of the organisation. So this leads me to say that it doesn't and shouldn't matter to non-MyFC Ebbsfleet supporters where the admin fee goes. Do you know all the ins and outs of the spending of the current board? Would you even get a chance to be involved in the running of your own club if anyone else took over? I know where you are coming from when you say 'why should i pay £35 etc.' but if you did pay your £35, you can have an influence on YOUR team that you are so passionate about and teach the rest of us about the history of Ebbsfleet - you would be more than welcome. This is an opportunity to be part of your club, not just a supporter. Or you can just carry on as you are at the moment.

Aftershow - why are you commenting on an Ebbsfleet board if you are not a supporter? Sure, I am a new supporter to the team and club, but I am a supporter nonetheless (still not a proper one yet!). Are you making comments about MyFC being a farce to wind up the Fleet supporters?

Originally Posted By: Riccyboy
Chaps,

Nothing concrete back yet but some of us MyFC members are asking whether or not a fans forum will be held for the Fleet fans, so I'll report any developments there. Another MyFC member has also pointed out that the 21% running costs is comparable to most charities today, and I personally feel that I am happy for my £7.50 to go to the upkeep of the organisation. So this leads me to say that it doesn't and shouldn't matter to non-MyFC Ebbsfleet supporters where the admin fee goes. Do you know all the ins and outs of the spending of the current board? Would you even get a chance to be involved in the running of your own club if anyone else took over? I know where you are coming from when you say 'why should i pay £35 etc.' but if you did pay your £35, you can have an influence on YOUR team that you are so passionate about and teach the rest of us about the history of Ebbsfleet - you would be more than welcome. This is an opportunity to be part of your club, not just a supporter. Or you can just carry on as you are at the moment.

Aftershow - why are you commenting on an Ebbsfleet board if you are not a supporter? Sure, I am a new supporter to the team and club, but I am a supporter nonetheless (still not a proper one like the mackster yet!). Are you making comments about MyFC being a farce to wind up the Fleet supporters?

you do not have a charity and it is against the laws of this land to represent yourself as one....

there are many non fleet fans on here......they are here because they mistrust you and your intentions...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

you do not have a charity and it is against the laws of this land to represent yourself as one....

there are many non fleet fans on here......they are here because they mistrust you and your intentions...

1. I didn't say we were or have a charity, just that the figures compare.
2. I sincerely hope you were referring to the mistrust you have for the MyFC model and not me personally.

I am trying to speak to Ebbsfleet supporters as their concerns are paramount to me so I am off to find another forum where this can be done. Thanks to all who have posted.