Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

A little dicky bird tells me that police riot vans were called to the ground because "it kicked off" in the bar following the game. The two players sent off were Marc Redsull and Ian Alderman.

Surely the league will have to be informed by the match officials and both clubs disciplined?

Watchfull, where are you?

Originally Posted By: losingmyhair

Stony have a fairly good run in. They have to play Hoddesdon twice and New Bradwell, apart from that they have teams mainly from the bottom half of the table.

Yes but that's irrelevant isn't it, even if they finish in a promotion berth, ie first or second, they can't go up because Ostlers Lane doesn't meet Premier Division criteria. Presumably that would allow the third placed team to get promotion.

Yes but that's irrelevant isn't it, even if they finish in a promotion berth, ie first or second, they can't go up because Ostlers Lane doesn't meet Premier Division criteria. Presumably that would allow the third placed team to get promotion.

Or they could groundshare like KTFC.

How sad that you have to rely on a team with ground issues

to maybe help you get promotion,although you shouldn't

worry too much Rhodes as 4th place is no good.

Originally Posted By: Special1
Groundshare is no good Keeper No One, as they would have to be in that ground the season before. You are not allowed to ground share just to get promotion.

What chance they could bring their ground
up to required standard?
BTW i think for your first season at this level
you are doing well.

You forgot Bedford losingmyhair wink

Originally Posted By: losingmyhair
Ill discipline is likely to cost Stony with the two players now facing 3 game bans. Their Manager can't be too happy either. Who was sent off? Anyone know?

Stony have a fairly good run in. They have to play Hoddesdon twice and New Bradwell, apart from that they have teams mainly from the bottom half of the table.

Groundshare is no good Keeper No One, as they would have to be in that ground the season before. You are not allowed to ground share just to get promotion.

Special1 - Thanks for pointing that out, it goes to show how much Keeper No One knows but then he's only sixteen and a half so what do you expect

The match report we've all been waiting for from Royston v Stony Stratford Town, there will probably be some pictures of the 20 player brawl in Thursday's paper, it sounded a bit tasty:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sportroynew&itemid=WEED25%20Feb%202008%2015%3A45%3A34%3A953

Can I ask why would their be pictures of a 20 man brawl in a local newspaper ??

It was 'handbags at 20 paces' and was suitably dealt with by the referee.

In fact seeing Tony Galvin's glasses knocked off was quite amusing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Watchfull Listener - Do you have the Forum minimised on your desktop at work so as to enter the fray every time Royston are mentioned. Who was the Referee incidentally to save me checking a league bulletin, hardly handbags if every player on the pitch piled in.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
The Watchfull Listener - Do you have the Forum minimised on your desktop at work like I do, so as to enter the fray every time Royston are mentioned. Who was the Referee incidentally to save me checking a league bulletin, hardly handbags if every player on the pitch piled in.

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
In fact seeing Tony Galvin's glasses knocked off was quite amusing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do you know! You ought to take a look at this one, i know this was in the Mail but it was in thier local rag toobigshock
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...&ICL=TOPART
When 'Losing My Hair' first posted about the handbags game i thought he was talking about mine last Saturday shocked

Special1 - Thanks for pointing that out, it goes to show how much Keeper No One knows but then he's only sixteen and a half so what do you expect

I was being sarcastic you moron.

The Watchfull Listener - I have it on good authority that you work in Nottingham, can you confirm or deny that, if so do you commute from and back to the delights of Royston every day of the week.

Originally Posted By: keeper No one

What chance they could bring their ground
up to required standard?
BTW i think for your first season at this level
you are doing well.

If you take into account that 3 seasons ago the team was playing Sunday League Football, we haven't done bad.
But the expectation is high because of our success in the past.

We were not ready for the early start of the season and there are definitely lessons to be learnt, as I suspected.

If I'm still involved next season, we will be somewhat stronger.

But the season isn't over yet! biglaugh

We were not ready for the early start of the season and there are definitely lessons to be learnt

Wasn't this exactly what I told Eagles1981, sorry you, back in July but you wouldn't listen. You have acceeded all expection this season and even I have been surprised that you've somehow managed to cling onto our shirt tails like grim death however you still have that Sunday League, Wormwood Scrubbs and Hackney Marshes, mentality and that will always be your downfall.

Originally Posted By: Bitch

They do you know! You ought to take a look at this one, i know this was in the Mail but it was in thier local rag toobigshock
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...&ICL=TOPART
When 'Losing My Hair' first posted about the handbags game i thought he was talking about mine last Saturday shocked

Ha Ha - Heywood is a nice area of Gtr Manchester… Although a borough of Rochdale, it has many council estates and indeed has boarders with Middleton and Moston (about 1 mile from where I lived). What do you expect when 2 large rundown council estate areas meet playing football? Iraq meets Afghanistan with tarmac instead of sand!

The Watchfull Listener - What was that you were saying:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/flatfiles/eeditions/roystoncrow.aspx

The Watchfull Listener - What was that you were saying:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/flatfiles/eeditions/roystoncrow.aspx

It was worth registering to read the news report and view the pictures. Easy to navigate and well worth a look smile