Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

Bitch - Nothing to do with this thread but did you see the Non League Paper yesterday about your game with Maidstone last week, it said that 'there was nearly 1000 packed into the stadium and a great atmosphere between local rivals, this again proved why non league football is so much more enjoyable than the higher divisions'. The bit that got me though was when the guy mentioned the Refereee Wes Linden who used to post on here and who I know well although Football Man will no doubt disagree, the letter said that 'he may well have designs on getting to the higher levels of football but did he really imagine he'd be having to deal with such prestigious players in this Kent derby'. This was a tongue in cheek reference to Maidstone having two players called Shearer and Owen and who were both sent off.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Bitch - Nothing to do with this thread but did you see the Non League Paper yesterday about your game with Maidstone last week, it said that 'there was nearly 1000 packed into the stadium and a great atmosphere between local rivals, this again proved why non league football is so much more enjoyable than the higher divisions'. The bit that got me though was when the guy mentioned the Refereee Wes Linden who used to post on here and who I know well although Football Man will no doubt disagree, the letter said that 'he may well have designs on getting to the higher levels of football but did he really imagine he'd be having to deal with such prestigious players in this Kent derby'. This was a tongue in cheek reference to Maidstone having two players called Shearer and Owen and who were both sent off.

I didnt get the NLP, i got the NLT Rhodesy smile. Who was the letter from?

It was a local rivals game, but it was not a pleasant atmosphere at all. As for the ref, he came in for a lot of stick. Maidstones manager was the first one to get a red card after constant barracking of the ref and our bench. He's probably got the foulest mouth in football.

The other 2 red cards for the not so glamourous players as their famous name sakes were well deserved.

I've never seen a game stop started so much. I felt the ref took control early on by pulling up for the niggly tackles, but being a derby kind of match unfortunately the players didnt take the early warnings. What's a ref to do? It was a horrible match, a horrible atmosphere and one best forgotten. Thanx for the 3 points though.... wink

Bitch - The letter was from someone called Malcolm Blake via e-mail, he sounded like a groundhopper but if you PM me your fax number, if you have one, I can fax the article this afternoon or post the paper as I've finished with it

Bitch - Obliging is my middle name!

Didn't Craig Hammond get injured today and is doubtful for Wednesday evening

That wasn't the general consensus in the bar when I got there but I'll get a Royston players point of view in the week.

Originally Posted By: touryboy
honesty think that kentish stand a good chance against them.
good luck kentish

Thanks for that however if he plays we won't feel that we need to resort to kicking Craig Hammond out of the game to win, we actually hope he turns up and we'll treat him with the respect he deserves as I'm sure Royston will do with Lee Scott

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Thanks for that however if he plays we won't feel that we need to resort to kicking Craig Hammond out of the game to win, we actually hope he turns up and we'll treat him with the respect he deserves as I'm sure Royston will do with Lee Scott

I'm sure that someone will test that LEFT knee area for him on wednesday just to make sure he is fit to play.

Rhodesy, is there anyway you can provide live coverage of Wednesday's game? I'm finding the prospect of the game thrilling but am unable to attend.

Margate FC provide live radio coverage by Wellsie. It's superb and really puts me amongst the action as the game unfolds.

Take a look and let me know if this is a viable propostion. smile

Bitch - There is a state of the art computer at the stadium but it belongs to the Athletics Club, if they are in agreement then I should be able to post updates when there is a break in play or failing that borrow a laptop or blackberry from somewhere. There is clearly unprecedented interest in this game which will go a long way to deciding the championship and you're absolutely right that there should be some sort of live feed from the stadium to members unfortunate enough not to be there in person, are you sure you can't make it.

Thank you Rhodesy bow

Alas, it is not to be. I'd have loved to have been part of the 'pressing the flesh', i'd even have worn my ball gown and heels for the red carpet. As much as i was looking forwards to meeting up with you again and out bantering Willo, it is not to be. Too far for me to travel midweek frown

Bitch - Is there no way you can be persuaded, you're welcome to stay over with me and I'll take you to Charing Cross Station on Thursday morning as I just work around the corner in Whitehall.