Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener

Jonno you do speak the truth I do understand that Rob Stewert has stood down from his position as CHairman at RTFC as from Monday morning this week.

I'm sure there is more to this than meets the eye, why would Rob Stewart step down after just a couple of months:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sportroynew&itemid=WEED31%20Jan%202008%2011%3A15%3A36%3A933

Spurs fan, you are a bigger pillock than Rhodes and i have avoided responding to your stupidity because i too am a spurs fan and have tried not to antagonise your god like worship of Rhodes.

However, seeing as you too cannot read i will assist both you and your mate.

Allan's comments were quoted in the TOTTENHAM JOURNAL (is that big enough for the pair of you?)

Now unless this forum is also called the Tottenham Journal you have made yourself look a total prat with your comments.

Now that YOU have been caught out perhaps you will kindly now SHUT UP.

The Spurs Fan - You're spot on as per usual. Also I have spoken to the journalist at the Tottenham Journal, namely James Callow, who I know personally and he has said categorically that Allan Fenn not only said 'we' will get promotion but 'we' will go up as Champions.

OH MY GOD please help!!!!

These 2 are insane ( and very well matched)

See if you can read this. It may take both of you a while but take your time and by all means take some advice if you are having trouble.

NO-ONE ON THIS FORUM HAS SAID (or written you pedantic prat) THAT HBFC WILL GET PROMOTION

If that is too difficult for the pair of you to understand then i apologise. I will get my 8 year old to post in future.

Originally Posted By: Doug
(or written you pedantic prat)

The SpursFan - This is from the Chairman of a highly regarded non league Football Club playing at Step 6 level when they should be at Step 3 at the very least. Now you can see first hand what I have been banging on about for the past year and a half.

And thats the best you can come up with?

If i had 74,000 hours spare i would post all the reasons why you got sacked but i haven't so you're safe.

Been nice bantering , won't be replying any more to your lies. I will do that face to face when i see you.

I rest your case.

McMullen - Coming back to the subject of this thread, now that you all can finally see first hand what 'Sugar' is really like, I note that Royston are finally getting their act together on their Website which is usually months behind, there is a match report from your recent meeting:

Royston Town FC 6 0 Bedford

Another ruthless showing in front of goal gave The Crows a seventh consecutive victory and pushed them into sixth place and five points behind the promotion places.

A crowd of over 150 people witnessed the encounter with Royston starting one place and three points below their nearby visitors but similar to last week's showing against Harpenden although the football was never free flowing the clinicalness in the final third had to be admired.

In terms of the football played the visitors could probably feel a little agrieved with the final outcome as they dominated good spells of the second half but unfortunately for them the game was literally over by half time as they trailed by four goals.

The Crows started this game well with a good spring in their step with Will Turl having the first two opportunities shooting just wide and having an effort saved from good positions before he gave Royston the lead on 14 minutes, volleying home from the edge of the area after Bedford failed to clear a free kick.

The game then became very scrappy with the visitors struggling to make any impact on a defensive unit seeking a third consecutive clean sheet at the home side struggling to execute clinical passes in the final third to create clear chances.

The game probably needed a moment of inspiration and full back Peter Chappell gave his team just that on the half hour mark when his overlapping run was found by Alan Reid's lobbed pass and Chappell beat the off side trap to control and lob over the visiting keeper from 16 yards.

Royston striker Craig Hammond then came into his own in the period just before half time.

Having shot inches wide in the 34th minute having raced clear of the Bedford defence he made no mistake two minutes after with a similar chance after rounding the keeper to convert.

Three minutes before half time the tall striker again worked space and met another fine ball to beat offside and lob over the advancing keeper.

There was still time for Will Turl to mis kick a glorious chance wide from close range seconds before the interval but however good the scoreline was boss Paul Attfield would not have been impressed with his side's second half showing.

Bedford, intent on gaining some personnel pride injected the necessary enthusiasm into their game to be a threat and with the home side struggling to find any effective gear or enthusiasm to counteract that they were pressurised for long spells of the half.

The Crows though showed why they have only conceded five gaols in their last eight games with some dogged if not sometimes erratic defending to giver keeper Damion Williamson some good protection. Royston's in from keeper made two excellent blocks and a couple of other presentable chances but however much Bedford tried The Crows always looked like extending their lead in the very few times they did get around the area.

Hammond had a close range angled drive scrambled off the line in the 58th minute and Luke Robins blasted a long range free kick just over before the introduction of pacey striker Graham Tibballs was instrumental in The Crows scoring more goals.

The strikers direct approach caused immediate problems for tmhe visitors and after shooting one effort just wide he extended his sides lead with 14 minutes reaming when his run and 20 yard left footed shot found the bottom corner.

Tibballs then completed his teams scoring with 6 minutes remaining lobbing over the keeper from18 yards after one of the best moves of the game.

Paul Attfield commented : " Again, similar to last week I felt we never really gained good control of the game but scored some excellent opportunist goals and shows the strength of our striking unit. I didn't like the away we approached the second half and we lost our discipline and shape to a great extent and never really looked like wrestling back any control of the game. Graham came off the bench and took his goals very well but I have to say it must be worrying to see that the last couple of games we have scored ten goals without reaching full potential," Attfield again paid tribute to the support at the game of the crows, " Gates have gradually increased and the support we have been getting is a massive boost to the lads. The verbal communication and feedback I am having from the spectators has been very encouraging and hopefully will can continue to attract good crowds."

Team : Damion Williamson, Lewis Endacott, Peter Chappell, David Cain, Jamie Babbage, Alan Reid (Tom Galvin), Carl Edwards (Danny Nicholls), Tom Malins, Craig Hammond, Will Turl (Graham Tibballs), Luke Robins - Unused Subs : Jim Hollingsworth, Mark Babbage

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Rhodsey you have caught a big one here reel him in, As 1st team manager Alan Fenn surely represents the club right... i'm with you and Spursfan Rhodsey......
affig

McMullen - Did you meet 'Sugar' on Saturday at McMullen Park, had I known it was you when I phoned for the result about 5.30 I would have asked you to give him my kindest regards

The Watchfull Listener - I'm disappointed, I thought that Craig Hammond would be more of a Mick Channon wheeling arm man myself:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sportroynew&itemid=WEED11%20Feb%202008%2011%3A40%3A54%3A170