Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

Originally Posted By: Bitch
We didn't lay out a red carpet for the visitors or any of our own as we treat all as equals and can't be doing with any prima dona stuff.

Bitch - An excellent post but can I just pick you up on red carpet treatment which as you know I put a lot of emphasis on, surely there is no harm in making people feel a million dollars

Originally Posted By: Wader
I hear there were a few minor skirmishes at your 1st team game yesterday Bitch - and you met NWS!

It was not a pleasant game or atmosphere yesterday Wader. I've met NWS before, a very nice fella. smile I think things have got to the stage where internet 'wars' have affected a game frown

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Bitch
We didn't lay out a red carpet for the visitors or any of our own as we treat all as equals and can't be doing with any prima dona stuff.

Bitch - An excellent post but can I just pick you up on red carpet treatment which as you know I put a lot of emphasis on, surely there is no harm in making people feel a million dollars

I live in the Garden of England Rhodesy, a red carpet will interfere with the fallen scented rose petals smile

Bitch - A great answer and of course you're spot on, there's nothing like the Garden of England particularly when the sun is shining, all those orchards, fields, meadows and country lanes!

Bitch - A great answer and of course you're spot on, there's nothing like the Garden of England particularly when the sun is shining, all those orchards, fields, meadows and country lanes!

Give me the Derbyshire Dales any day! smile

The Northumberland Coastline isn't too bad either, we considered upping sticks and moving there once

For the benefit of Rhodes and whoever else is interested I apologise for my lack of comment but a brief holiday in Scandanavia was taken for the refuel of batteries although I was at the Stony Stratford game yesterday.

Rhodes, I am pretty knew to this forum but I am going to try and sound as neutral as possible but in the lighter sense can I say "You Do Like Stitting It". Why make comments on a national forum that are unfounded, unfactual and just complete Pony !!??

Word in the last week is that our forward is on an mass some of money or as you say "It is Reported " ! Reported by who ??

Sometime ago he was on £115 that was rubbish now you say £160 !!

It is rubbish, absolute rubbish!

The club has the same financial sources as most other clubs in the division with reasonable sponsorship and fuctional income but lets get real here !! Bottom line is Rhodes whatever your sources or reliable informers are sack them caus they are s*** !!

Have we had players watched by professional scouts ?? I have been at every home game I have seen none but then again perhaps I am blind and their is no rumour or gossip going around the club that scouts have been in attendance. Put it to bed !!

Why quote back at stuff that Paul Attfield said at the New Bradwell game. Is he lying ?? Why would he say that ?? Perhaps he is just not good enough and is just saying any old pony !! Is 0-0 a poor result against a team that havn't lost in half a season ??

So we didn't score !! Are we expected to score every game ?? Is 38 from 42 points not good enough and why if Craig Hammond is shut out of the game is it a catastrophe ??!!

To be honest most of what Rhodes, or should I say everything that Rhodes has said about RTFC is complete bulls*** and I would advise everyone else on the forum to ignore every comment made, it is completely unfactual and he knows nothing about the club !!

On the relevence of the game yesterday,, Stony were a disgrace !! They had 2 sent off and 6 booked (could have had more off). they came to intimidate and bully and failed abysmaly. the off the ball treatmet was shocking to the RTFC players and if they had another 2 or 3 off it wouldn't have been an injustice. There was a mass 20 player brawl just before fulltime. Not a pretty game but good to see a team with an average age of 21 could not be intimidated and shoved around and they deserved their win. Seven clean sheets in eight games !!!

Oh, and Rhodes I dont't intend wasting my time replying to anymore of your "Pony" about our club (You may of guessed I like that word)

Spend some time at our place and get factual information and you may actually findout that we are a well run club clearly moving in the right direction

So you were on the pull in Stockholm! Were your ears burning at 5.00 yesterday as I was discussing you with Hector Varela, we think you are Paul Attfield himself although your posts indicate otherwise. How much money is Craig Hammond on per week then as surely it's no big secret, it must be over £100 as a player like him who will get you promotion single handed is not going to play for peanuts when he can be plying his trade at Step 4 or even Step 3.

Listener, don't worry no-one is fooled on here with Rhodes rhetoric. We know it is all bull.

He spends his days photocopying endless reports for his programme, using Her Majesties internet for dubious purpose and attempting but failing to deflower the daughters of better men than himself.

Wader - You've got me all wrong as has everybody else on the Forum, I find The Watchfull Listener entertaining and we said only good things about him yesterday, I hope that he is one of the 200 plus people in attendance at the Copthall Stadium on 12 March as I want to be the first to shake his hand and press a programme into it.

Like 3Praise, you won't have a clue who he is even if he is amongst the 57 people who will attend the game!

Horace - My guess is that The watchfull Listener is on the Coaching staff at Garden Walk or one of the new Committee, he seems to have his finger very much on the pulse

Horace - My guess is that The watchfull Listener is on the Coaching staff at Garden Walk or one of the new Committee, he seems to have his finger very much on the pulse

As usual you are just guessing, and even if he is, you still won't know who he is if he attends! And a little tip - stop bandying players wages about on here. You will awaken every tax inspector south of Milton Keynes!

Horace - Is that why The Watchfull Listener is playing Craig Hammond's wages down, I won't reveal our source but we have it on very good authority that he is on £160 per week and I'll be extremely surprised if it is any less than that

Don't take my advice then. When the heavy's come to get you because their club has been done by the Revenue, don't bleat to me!

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
To be honest most of what Rhodes, or should I say everything that Rhodes has said about RTFC is complete bulls*** and I would advise everyone else on the forum to ignore every comment made, it is completely unfactual

Even if you take the words "about RTFC" out of this statement, it still makes perfect sense!

I think the following shows what a taskmaster Paul Attfield is and how difficult he is to please even after a 4-0 away win:

Boss Attfield calls for more

Cheshunt res 0 Royston 4

Molten Spartan South Midlands League, Division

ROYSTON may have won comprehensively at Cheshunt reserves and moved up to third, but Crows manager Paul Attfield was far from pleased with his team's performance.

Attfield said: "The result was good, but the performance was poor.

"They were a better side than us, but we had five chances and scored four. I was very displeased with the way we played."

Ashley Townsend got things up and running with the opening score on 13 minutes, before Craig Hammond slotted home a second-half penalty given for a foul on Luke Robins.

Townsend was then put in to bag his second and Tom Mullins finished off the hosts with the fourth near the end.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Even if you take the words "about RTFC" out of this statement, it still makes perfect sense!

Football Man - Has it taken you all this time to get back from Wembley, congratulations on your win

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
On the relevence of the game yesterday,, Stony were a disgrace !! They had 2 sent off and 6 booked (could have had more off). they came to intimidate and bully and failed abysmaly. the off the ball treatmet was shocking to the RTFC players and if they had another 2 or 3 off it wouldn't have been an injustice. There was a mass 20 player brawl just before fulltime. Not a pretty game but good to see a team with an average age of 21 could not be intimidated and shoved around and they deserved their win.
TWL, I find that quite strange that Stony’s discipline was poor on Saturday. When we played at there place 2 weeks ago it was a good hard fought battle (not dirty or intimidating) although the ref was card happy and booked 9 players in total, on any other day I would say about 2 would have been shown. There must have been something that caused them to turn that way?

On a personal note I can’t wait for 12 Mar, this is what these games are all about, both players and teams being tested to the limit to prove they have what it takes to make it at the next step.

Ill discipline is likely to cost Stony with the two players now facing 3 game bans. Their Manager can't be too happy either. Who was sent off? Anyone know?

Stony have a fairly good run in. They have to play Hoddesdon twice and New Bradwell, apart from that they have teams mainly from the bottom half of the table.