Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

watched Stansted beat Royston last tues and had to laugh at the report in their local paper! what a joke!they were well beaten and coming out with excuses after the game like using squad players etc is poor! That is part and parcel of senior football.In reality the fitness levels of the home side and their passing,finishing and high tempo style of play were superior and too much for them!they cannot handle getting beaten!it seems they have "big time charlie syndrome!"

Disappointed to hear that we will be playing Stansted (no disrespect)in the next round, instead of the mighty Crows - we were looking forward to seeing if they were up to beating a Premier Division side!

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Originally Posted By: Horace
we were looking forward to seeing if they were up to beating a Premier Division side!

Haven't they just lost to the equivalent?

I'll accept that the top half of the ESL is equivalent, but the rest????

I make Attfield absolutely right in that report. Lets face it, in the scheme of things it's a 2 bob cup and ideal for the squad players who don't normally get into the first team. The league has to take priority over cups like that. Almost spot on from them (I wouldn't have played my top men at all).

Good luck to Royston, I like them and their manager the more I find out about them.

Originally Posted By: Horace
I don't disagree, but do you reckon that Stansted fielded their strongest 11?

I would guess they would have fielded a strong side. For Stansted cups like that are a season's end chance to actually win something. No disrespect to them in saying that, as I like them very much as a club, have previously sponsored their shirts and even in opposition (some years later) helped clear the snow from their pitch early on Boxing Day morning to help get a game on.

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
Jonno you do speak the truth I do understand that Rob Stewert has stood down from his position as CHairman at RTFC as from Monday morning this week. Before anyone starts another gossip forum or gets unfactual sources it is my truthfull understanding that is solely due to intense business and family commitments and Mr Stewert will still have an active involvement in the club but not in the Chairman capacity

The Watchfull Listener - I was speaking to someone at our game on Wednesday who will remain nameless, he informed me that Royston are currently cash strapped due to Mr Stewart standing down recently and although, as you say, he still has a back seat involvement he is no longer bankrolling the Club. I understand that you are mainly relying on gate receipts to keep the wolf from the door however paying players large sums is beginning to take its toll and if the pot runs dry then the likes of Craig Hammond are unlikely to hang around. Is there any truth in this or is it just speculation, you haven't properly answered why your attendance figures are so hugely under reported.

Originally Posted By: Smithcharles42
hard times

So you admit there are problems at Garden Walk then!

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
yay

I was impressed the other night Wader good sides make things look easy, Chris Hewitt looks in top form, know him well he's agood lad.

Oh and 'wolves from the door'.... Royston welcome to our world!!

Chris is doing well. He just needs to improve his fashion sense a bit and he'll be the complete player grin

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

I thought most people didn't think the 7 dayer was needed in the SSML

By the time you've faffed around with the de-registration form that the other club is usually tardy with it's a lot longer than 7 days! Bring back the press-gang days I say. Kidnapping players is much more exciting than writing stuffy letters. boxing

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
I though most people didn't think the 7 dayer was needed in the SSML hanged

Has someone told Ged 'PSV Eindhoven' Searson at Waltham Forest

According to yesterday's article in the Royston Crow there is no unrest at Garden Walk however I was told a different story on Wednesday and Craig Hammond is likely to be on his way soon if the Club are unable to meet his huge wage demands:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/story.aspx?brand=ROYWestOnline&category=SportFootball&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=sportroynew&itemid=WEED21%20Feb%202008%2014%3A42%3A47%3A957