Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

i heard a rumour that craig hammond could be on his way soon anyway,not because of a lack of funds but beacause he is being watch by a few pro club's!!!!????? i have seen him play twice this season and his been very good in both i think he scored a hat-trick,the first time and the other was against colney heath on wednesday night and he really stood out from the rest,he didnt score but his work rate and team play was very good,i didnt realise he was captain!

I wonder whether a lot of this Craig Hammond peuniomunum since he joined Royston from Mildenhall Town is hyped up out of all proportion, okay he is obviously a good player and should be at a higher level however New Bradwell St Peter froze him out when they drew 0-0 at Garden Walk so if they can anyone can if Club's do their homework and compile a Don Revie style dossier on him.

Originally Posted By: smelly
i heard a rumour that craig hammond could be on his way soon anyway,not because of a lack of funds but beacause he is being watch by a few pro club's!!!!????? i have seen him play twice this season and his been very good in both i think he scored a hat-trick,the first time and the other was against colney heath on wednesday night and he really stood out from the rest,he didnt score but his work rate and team play was very good,i didnt realise he was captain!

All plausible. But you have to ask why Mildenhall were happy to offload him for a loss sum at the outset. Bad housekeeping on their part? Possibly. Some might suggest that Royston may be keen for a cash injection and the publicity can be self perpetuating. I have no doubt at levels 6,5,4 he is mustard. Any higher? We'll see perhaps.

I have it on good authority that Hammond is on £160 a week at Garden Walk which is a fair old whack for a Step 6 Club to fork out, okay they are getting decent gates however I believe that is their only source of income at the moment as I don't think the Club are able to tap into bar takings. It's strange that The Watchfull Listener hasn't come on since all this came to light at around midday today, I'm sure he knows a thing or two.

Originally Posted By: smelly
the other was against colney heath on wednesday night and he really stood out from the rest,he didnt score but his work rate and team play was very good,i didnt realise he was captain!

I assumed he was only captain on Wednesday as he was the only regular first teamer playing - the others having been cup tied when playing for Buntingford in the first round.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
this Craig Hammond peuniomunum

Am I the only person wondering what a peuniomunum is? I know most musical instruments so can only assume it is a flower of some sort? grin

its broadwater farm lingo....means u know my mum man

I see that the crowd at Garden Walk this afternoon was reported as 159, that means it was probably over 200. How was the game, where's The Watchfull Listener and SmithCharles42 when you need them most

Sorry to keep coming back to the Royston Town v New Bradwell St Peter game but it would seem that Stony Stratford Town didn't do their homework yesterday or compile a Don Revie style dossier on Royston. Reading between the lines of the report below Paul Attfield was clearly incandescent with rage at dropping two points to New Bradwell, to say he 'was happy enough with a point' is a blatant pork pie and obviously New Bradwell were going to be 'up for it'.

Attfield's run ends

Royston 0 New Bradwell St Peter 0 - Molten Spartan South Midlands

PAUL Attfield was happy enough with a point against a well-organised New Bradwell side who brought an end to Royston's seven-match winning run.

Craig Hammond had the bulk of the chances for the home side, but he could only find the keeper from a one on one in the first half before scooping a shot over from a poor clearance and heading over from six yards in the second half.

Luke Robbins thought he had won the game for Royston late on, but his effort was kept out by the post.

Crows boss Attfield said: "They were up for it, but they shut up shop and played for a point, and fair play to them, they deserved it.

"We didn't do enough to win, but I have to take the positives out of the game and I was pleased with a point."

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Sorry to keep coming back to the Royston Town v New Bradwell St Peter game but it would seem that Stony Stratford Town didn't do their homework yesterday or compile a Don Revie style dossier on Royston. Reading between the lines of the report below Paul Attfield was clearly incandescent with rage at dropping two points to New Bradwell, to say he 'was happy enough with a point' is a blatant pork pie and obviously New Bradwell were going to be 'up for it'.

Attfield's run ends
Royston 0 New Bradwell St Peter 0 - Molten Spartan South Midlands

PAUL Attfield was happy enough with a point against a well-organised New Bradwell side who brought an end to Royston's seven-match winning run.
Craig Hammond had the bulk of the chances for the home side, but he could only find the keeper from a one on one in the first half before scooping a shot over from a poor clearance and heading over from six yards in the second half.
Luke Robbins thought he had won the game for Royston late on, but his effort was kept out by the post.
Crows boss Attfield said: "They were up for it, but they shut up shop and played for a point, and fair play to them, they deserved it.
"We didn't do enough to win, but I have to take the positives out of the game and I was pleased with a point."

Rhodes

I think you should get used to the fact that Royston Town are going to win it and the scrap is on for second place.

Wader - You always have to have your say, is that because more members are far more interested in Division 1 this season than the somewhat dull Premier Division race, Chalfont St Peter and Beaconfield SYCOB have no personality whatsoever and Biggleswade Town aren't that far behind them.

Now I know where we are all going wrong in the Premier Division. We didn't realise it was a personality contest, we thought it was about football. Anyway, I think you'll find the Premier Division isn't out of 2nd gear yet grin

It's a good job it isn't a website contest as far as your concerned, but I suppose if it was a players food contest you'd make up some ground in the division with the tray of sandwiches with which you spoil everyone rotten.

Perhaps next season Division 1 could be decided upon red carpet rollout technique and programme photocopying ability?

Wader - That's all very amusing however you have to admit that the Premier Division race this season is as welcoming, and as pleasant to the eye, as a pork chop at a Bar Mitzvah, unlike last season when Edgware Town were the life and soul of the party even if they won it by a Country mile.

Not for the first time in your life you've contradicted yourself. Runaway leaders in a one horse race wins all are boring.

There is competition for the one promotion spot and that is exciting. The trouble with you Rhodes is that you don't get out of your own little world enough. It revolves around red carpets, players sarnies, programmes that are as daft as a box of frogs, the 'great one, Haringey, Kentish, Royston and the Special 1.

As I have said on here many times and you now confirm yourself, you personally know as much about non-league football as the Minister for Sport.

Afternoon everyone, just thought i'd join in with the sarnie report following one of Angels 'park football' youth matches. wink for Rhodesy.

Our (U18's KYL) 'home' match was played at Edenbridge, a council owned ground that houses 6, level well maintained footy pitches and a rugby pitch. It's run by the rugby club and the club house facilities are excellent. We have the use of a bar, a tea hatch that also serves coffee, soft drinks and bacon and sausage rolls. smile

Unfortunately we do not produce a programme for our youth games. Nor had we compiled a Don Revie style dossier on our opponents Fisher. I was however able to look them up on Football Mitoo prior to leaving for my 14 mile drive. Our match reports are put on our official forum within days and are always an informative and at times witty read.

Just briefly...Angels has a very good youth set up from U7's. The 1st team and Ressies play at the stadium and some Youth matches are also catered for there (U18's KYL beat Ramsgate 2-1 at the stadium on Wednesday evening). Most of our teams play at adjoining council owned pitches and some at Edenbridge. Training is scattered far and wide, from Tonbridge to Sevenoaks to Dartford, though plans are afoot with the local council for us to build our own all weather pitches within our training ground.

Unusually it was a good tempered game, which isn't the norm with hot headed young men. Fisher was a very well disciplined team with a lot of talent. We got the first goal and then they were awarded a penalty. No one could quite see what for, but the ref made the decision and the oppo equalised from it. It was a testing first half, a bit scrappy, unable to keep possession....

The second half was better, both teams were attacking and Fisher took a well deserved lead through diligence. Next it was our turn and we were likewise rewarded.

Following the game a mighty spread of sarnies and treats were laid on (by a home parent whose turn it was) for both teams.

We didn't lay out a red carpet for the visitors or any of our own as we treat all as equals and can't be doing with any prima dona stuff.

Though our manager hasn't got international recognition he did use to play league football and is well respected. Our coach is well drilled and an asset for any team. Both of thier sons play in the team and are worthy of thier places. Thankfully our team does not suffer from a manager/son syndrome. Our Chairman use to play for Arsenal in the old days and still turns out for the Arsenal Vet's team, though we don't let him get big headed about it (he still has to paint the hoardings and lock up etc)

It looks like it will be a one horse race by Welling in our league, but for 2nd spot it's probably a six horse race smile

I'm less bored now i've got that off of my neat chest, so please carry on chaps bisou

All in all a good day out. Some classy footy to watch and an official that was ok. Well watered, fed and could have been oiled before making my way home to cook the Sunday roast. smile