Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey launch their own TV station...

HKP

In essence I think it's a voluntary agreement that's endorsed by UEFA/FIFA to (ironically) protect the attendances of lower league/non-league clubs. Of course it doesn't apply outside the UK, although I think other countries may have similar arrangements to suit their traditional KO time.

at myfc which "owns" Ebbsfleet we found out we could livestream the game at 15.00 but only to overseas members..

Not that easy to prove who is actually overseas and who just says they are!

Conference level I know , maybe CCL different. Its one thingfor iraqi goals to broadcast and another for the club itself to do it.

Cost about 750 a game I think, but we already had a pro cameraman filming.

Very interesting point, Guernsey is not part of the UK so any Law from Westminster does not apply. However, as a County Association of the FA their rules would I have thought applied.

Its all a bit presumptious if you ask me,personally I would see how the team adapts to CCL Prem before I took up this offer,I know a lot of people are thinking that you will just turn up at grounds and you will automatically win but just say worse case scenario that you actually don't do very well, having a T.V. station will just add to the pressures on the players,if I were your manager I would ask for the media to take a bit of a backseat early doors.

Very interesting point, Guernsey is not part of the UK so any Law from Westminster does not apply. However, as a County Association of the FA their rules would I have thought applied.

Indeed. Are Guernsey FC aware of the rules regarding this? There are various copyright issues involved.

If not, I suggest someone there reads FA Vase rule 2 for their Vase games. The FA own all rights to games in their competitions and only they can say who can film games.

For league games rule 36 of the FA standardised rules mention filming.

"Each Club shall permit photography, filming and audio and web broadcasting at their home ground to enable the Competition to comply with the terms of any Commercial Contract (as defined in the Articles), which may be entered into by the Company and will provide all necessary facilities as may reasonably be requested by the Competition or any broadcaster as may be nominated by the Competition."

Note that the broadcaster must be nominated by the competition.

Guernsey's first away game this season is at Camberley. As this may affect the attendance are we to expect a cheque for loss of income?

Edited by VPCTFC

Because they are being accomodated by the CCL Guernsey now believe that they are entitled to do anything they like,I'm afraid the fiasco with thier fixtures is a joke and should never have been allowed to happen if they can't be the same as everybody else then they shouldn't be made an exception

Indeed. Are Guernsey FC aware of the rules regarding this? There are various copyright issues involved.

If not, I suggest someone there reads FA Vase rule 2 for their Vase games. The FA own all rights to games in their competitions and only they can say who can film games.

For league games rule 36 of the FA standardised rules mention filming.

"Each Club shall permit photography, filming and audio and web broadcasting at their home ground to enable the Competition to comply with the terms of any Commercial Contract (as defined in the Articles), which may be entered into by the Company and will provide all necessary facilities as may reasonably be requested by the Competition or any broadcaster as may be nominated by the Competition."

Note that the broadcaster must be nominated by the competition.

Guernsey's first away game this season is at Camberley. As this may affect the attendance are we to expect a cheque for loss of income?

To be fair, I expect the FA rules there are to cover themselves and apply more to the latter stages of the Vase/FA Cup and higher leagues. They haven't as yet contacted youtube demanding any Vase/FA Cup videos that i've put up be taken down! Whether the fact payment is involved would change things, that I don't know. I must admit with amateur video becoming more common, particularly in non-league, i'm sure it's only a matter of time before the authorities decide to crack down.

I can't imagine that Guernsey have embarked on this without running it past the league and looking into all the eventualities. Whilst I can appreciate the concern over possible lost revenue from away attendances, I don't understand why people are getting uppity simply for them daring to start up such a service.

To be fair, I expect the FA rules there are to cover themselves and apply more to the latter stages of the Vase/FA Cup and higher leagues. They haven't as yet contacted youtube demanding any Vase/FA Cup videos that i've put up be taken down! Whether the fact payment is involved would change things, that I don't know. I must admit with amateur video becoming more common, particularly in non-league, i'm sure it's only a matter of time before the authorities decide to crack down.

I can't imagine that Guernsey have embarked on this without running it past the league and looking into all the eventualities. Whilst I can appreciate the concern over possible lost revenue from away attendances, I don't understand why people are getting uppity simply for them daring to start up such a service.

No-one would mind if they filmed all their games and showed them later, just like no-one minds you popping in and creating a highlights video. The problem is the live streaming. Budweiser did it last season for Ascot v Wembley but Budweiser are official FA Cup sponsors and both clubs made money out of the episode.

They may well do something similar this season with Wembley but rest assured it will be sanctioned by the FA.

If Guernsey get the ok from the FA and the League then fair enough.

As an afterthought - I wouldn't have thought the floodlights at most step 5 grounds are strong enough for a decent picture through cameras.

Edited by VPCTFC

As long as they show re-runs of Chucklevision, Knightmare and Dangermouse I'll be happy to pay!

Can one get Guernsey TV in Gloucestershire?

As long as they show re-runs of Chucklevision, Knightmare and Dangermouse I'll be happy to pay!

Can one get Guernsey TV in Gloucestershire?

Do you have the Internet in Gloucestershire? If so then yes as it's web-based not an actual tv channel. ;)

I don't understand what all the fuss is about ! Jealousy ? nothing else better to do than winge ?!

The people involved with the GFCTV project are very professional and I'm certain that they would have got the necessary permissions needed.

Jealousy Donkey,you do make me laugh.In the Guernsey Press it says All Home and Away games will be streamed live,so for £2.99 a Month,you can sit at home with your wife and kids,and watch your Green Lions at Camberley,the first 2 streamed games are Free.Must be a no brainer for you,it must save you at least £200.Just hope and will say it again,that Guernsey FC have done the decent thing and contacted the League and all CCL Clubs about this proposed venture,because Guernsey FC being so well run,will not run this at a loss.My reasoning behind this is that last year,in their inaugeration season,PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES were Free to Season Ticket Holders,this year they are not.Entrance Fees have risen by £2 across the board this year.A classic example of a so called Community Club looking after the Communities Interests,NOT.At least Wembley had the decency to pay CCL Clubs for filming at their grounds last Season,and let them know what was occurring ,hope that Guernsey will do the same at least.

]

I don't understand what all the fuss is about ! Jealousy ? nothing else better to do than winge ?!

The people involved with the GFCTV project are very professional and I'm certain that they would have got the necessary permissions needed.

It's because of money Donkey. More clubs at this level live on a shoestring and would have been looking forward to the extra revenue made when Guernsey visit. If less fans will come now the clubs might expect some compensation. So far we've not seen any comments from the league or the m ember clubs to say they know all about this and are happy with it.

Edited by bomaya

Smudge you continue to infuriate me with your mood swings regarding Guernsey. You have not mentioned anywhere here how much funding GFC has already brought to the CCL in its first season. If Guernsey hadnt joined the CCL then many clubs would have continued to play in front of tiny crowds. GFC must have helped every single club that they have played so far. Firstly they have paid for all visiting teams to have a trip to Guernsey and provided an all inclusive experience that most clubs in the CCL would probably not have ever afforded.The supporters, team and officials have been fantastic ambassadors for our island and increased takings both on the gate and in the bars of all clubs visited. I have now had enough of all Guernsey bashers, I sincerely hope we get out of the CCL first time because after being given the opportunity to join your league we have kept our side of the bargain and could not have done any more for any visiting side and their officials and supporters.

Sometimes in life you just have to surrender, GFC cannot do anymore than wheat they are doing for the CCL. We may not be good enough in our first year but I look forward to moving into a league where we can be part of it rather than being slated because of the success we are acheiving not through luck but through having exceptional administrators and individuals involved in all aspects of our Club. Anything announced in the media will be fully and I mean fully investigated and approved by the necessary governing bodies.

If its not Guernsey its Wembley, jealousy pure jealousy