Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey launch their own TV station...

HKP

Hopefully there are enough true fans who will stick to/beleive in the reality that live football in the flesh is always better than watching it on TV. I recently moved away from Guernsey but before that I went to all games I was able to at home (and some away) and would like to think I would continue to do the same

Now Im in the UK I wll go to as many aways as possible., Perhaps if I am not working on a saturday (usually the case) and Guernsey are playing at home, I will use it but live will always come first where feasible.

Hope fellow GFC fans feel the same

anyway...

Did anyone actually watch the game on GFC TV and how was the live coverage if you did?

I did. Coverage was very good, if rather depressing for me. More comments about it on the Scores On The doors 04 Aug thread

Purple Tram,I watched more Croydon games than you last year,but I have signed up to Guernsey FCTV,what a bargain at £2.99p per month,CHEAP AS CHIPS,no cheaper.SALE OF THE CENTURY.Used an alias though just in case my internet feed was sabotaged.Hope it is excellent coverage,so that I can give the low down to all CCL Clubs of how they play,and their weaknesses

Croydon highlights are now up and as said before, the Camberley game is not available to those with a UK IP address. There are ways round that of course but I won't be doing it.

EDIT: Scratch that - it started playing the highlights then it said I needed to login which I already had. Has anyone in UK watched the highlights without paying?

Edited by bomaya

Agree that it is much better to watch a game in the flesh than on TV, and I would love to have been able to take in the Guernsey experience last Saturday. Unfortunately, it was not possible for me. The fact that the game was covered on GFCTV was just a bonus.

GD, sound was good. Captured the atmosphere as much as TV can anyway. Pictures were excellent

Croydon highlights are now up and as said before, the Camberley game is not available to those with a UK IP address. There are ways round that of course but I won't be doing it.

EDIT: Scratch that - it started playing the highlights then it said I needed to login which I already had. Has anyone in UK watched the highlights without paying?

Yes. I had the same problem Bomaya. Don't know why. Not that desperate to see the highglights again anyway!

Edited by PurpleTram

How are Camberley going to check,that their game is not relayed to the UK?

It's based on trust. Our committee came to a decision which they relayed to the Guernsey committee who said they'd do what we requested.

We could have had some spies looking to see if it was available to the UK but I'm sure everyone at CTFC thinks Guernsey FC are an honourable club so, as far as I know, no-one checked up.

I'm sure there are people who are internet savvy who know work-arounds. People can hack into the Pentagon's computers so I'm sure it's relatively easy to get access to a live stream from a non-league football club but CTFC are happy, Guernsey FC are happy, end of story.

Tonight's attendance was 164. We were hoping for 250-300 but there were a few other games on locally which probably stopped a few people who may have come to the game from attending. Maybe we could have switched the game to Wednesday to get a bigger attendance but we'd be delighted if we got that sort of crowd every week.

After tonight's performance we might have won over a few people who'll come again so it's all good.

Edited by VPCTFC

Yes congratulations Camberley on your win, we were just not at the races last night and your second half changes to both personel and tactics totally stopped us in our tracks. Really well done!

I can almost hear the gritted teeth GG :)

Yes congratulations Camberley on your win, we were just not at the races last night and your second half changes to both personel and tactics totally stopped us in our tracks. Really well done!

Thats put the KYBOSH on your free beers Krooner.Unless of course you can get Eagle Radio to sponsor the Camberley Away game in Guernsey.Or speak to your friends in high places,about being the Assessor for the Match,they do have ASSESSORS in Guernsey,I PRESUME.

Not at all Smudge. GG knows I am joshing with him and we will enjoy a beer or two when I go over. VP and myself intend to try many good ales on the island.

The only reason for my gritted teeth is the poor Guernsey performance mate, it was a long way to go for that type of display. I really dont mind losing but to see such talented players not even be able to string a few passes together was frustrating but then again I know it happens at all levels, bring on the weekend!

I knew it ;)

No need for the 'Bite-Panel' on that one, Kroons !

:ph34r:

I don't think most of you get GG sense of humour ! lol

We don't think we are special but we are the always the team everyone wants to take a dig at. Maybe your time spent slagging off Guernsey and our innovative ideas would be better served thinking up your own ideas to generate revenue for your own clubs ?

Thanks for that very sound advice Ross,have been told that the Camberley Management Team spent hours,watching the Croydon game prior to the Guerns visit.WORKED A TREAT!!!!!!!