Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey launch their own TV station...

HKP

Only 1100 for the opening game of the season? Did many locals choose to say and watch it from the comfort of their sofa?

The crowd was 1185.

Still an unbelievably high gate for this level ( or higher levels ! ).

I don't think GFCTV will change our home crowd at all.

I'd be very happy if we average around the 1,200 mark this season

I personally hope that other Clubs go further than Camberley,in just banning IP addresses viewing their game,in the UK.They Guernsey have taken Liberty's with the CCL Product,Croydon's reward for being featured, a DVD of an 8-0 thumping.How are Camberley going to check,that their game is not relayed to the UK?I am personally going to phone Cherry Red Records tomorrow,to find out if they are being rewarded by Guernsey in anyway,for using a Brand name that they Sponsor.Secondly I want answers from the CCL Committee,Have you received payment from Guernsey FC to allow this to happen,if not why not?If you have not,you have been caught with your pants down.Take this scenario I sign up for Guernsey tv,£2.99p per month,do not have to leave my Sofa,can watch minimum 5 games per month,you the CCL Committee do not lose a penny.Not that you care,but the 5 games that I was planning to go to lose out,reason, because they do not get my £5/6 Entry,my £1/2 programme money,Tea/Burger money,my golden goal money,my buying a beer or 2 in their Clubhouse.I save a fortune,Clubs lose out,and dwindle further through lack of Revenue,Guernsey FCTV is no different to SKY Sports,it will kill Non League Football even further.SO A PLEA TO ALL CLUBS WITH A BACKBONE,STOP THIS IN IT'S TRACKS.THERE IS ONLY 1 WINNER GUERNSEY FC.The League however who it is said,SHOULD ACT in the interests of all it's Member Clubs,has clearly failed,they just want to bask in the Glory.A POOR SHOW INDEED.Now before I get a barrage,YOU DO NOT QUALIFY to comment if you have had the FREEBIE DAY OUT.

Edited by Smudge

Why should the CCL or CRR have to give u any answers though as you have no affiliation with any club?

If you do that then Smudge, you will be classed as a Guernsey supporter watching them every week, which surely means your beloved club will be missing put on your money ;)!!!

Good grief.. If I only wanted to watch football on TV I'd watch premier league!.. I go to football games for atmosphere and to meet up with people, I would never miss a home game to watch it online, comfortable sofa or not and I'll go to as many away games as I can afford. Being able to watch it online woill make no difference at all to my attandance and I'm sure that goes for most, if not all, GFC supporters. I can only speak comprehensively for myself.

Why should the CCL or CRR have to give u any answers though as you have no affiliation with any club?

If you do that then Smudge, you will be classed as a Guernsey supporter watching them every week, which surely means your beloved club will be missing put on your money ;)!!!

Jurgs,you miss the point,as Bomaya has already stated he has signed up,not that he personally would miss a live game,for a streamed one.So how many others,like groundhoppers,occasional supporters will,who knows? We live in a democracy Jurgs,I am not a Member of any political party,but it would not stop me from asking Questions of their Representatives.Likewise with the CCL,but if NO ONE ASKS,NO ONE KNOWS the answer.Being a supporter of No 1 Club,or affiliated to any Club in the CCL,Gives me the Edge over many posters on here.The League or F.A. cannot discipline me,for bringing the League/FA into disrepute.

Good grief.. If I only wanted to watch football on TV I'd watch premier league!.. I go to football games for atmosphere and to meet up with people, I would never miss a home game to watch it online, comfortable sofa or not and I'll go to as many away games as I can afford. Being able to watch it online woill make no difference at all to my attandance and I'm sure that goes for most, if not all, GFC supporters. I can only speak comprehensively for myself.

Maisie,I know your dedicated,and you do your bit at Home Games,by selling Guernsey Programmes,and probably a lot more.Not forgetting that you are a small island,nowhere as big as Croydon say,most parts can be reached in under 1 hr.A Cold,rainy night in the U.K. Guernsey are playing Hartley for example away.I live in the UK and lets say I am a Guernsey supporter, I Have 2 options stay in the warm watching Guernsey T.V for 60p,or get to my local Railway Station,pay £15 for my ticket.Cab the other end £5, Entrance £5/6,buy myself a tea and burger £3,then have to book a cab £5 to get me back to catch the last train,no time for a Beer.£30 MINIMUM versus 60p,you would really have to be dedicated to the cause,you must agree.

I would never choose to watch it on GFCTV if I did not have to fly over! as I say, GFC supporters and especially the expat pack, are going to games for the cameraderie and "craic" to use the Irish. TV coverage is never going to replace that. It's the "being there"

Smudge I think your blowing this completely out of proportion. To compare Guernsey TV to Sky, is completely ridiculous. Guernsey are just trying to further the club and improve its brand, why is that wrong? I wish them all the best of luck. Let's be honest, after this season they won't be in the CCL anyway, so it won't be an issue. Leave the club alone, and let them go about there business.

Smudge I think your blowing this completely out of proportion. To compare Guernsey TV to Sky, is completely ridiculous. Guernsey are just trying to further the club and improve its brand, why is that wrong? I wish them all the best of luck. Let's be honest, after this season they won't be in the CCL anyway, so it won't be an issue. Leave the club alone, and let them go about there business.

When I saw you had posted Tommo,thought it would of been a Sandhurst match report,, Tommo the CCL is not their brand to take advantage of.,or even earn money out of,would not of minded if all Premier Clubs had been consulted,but they were not.How is Guernsey TV transmitted by the Internet,so all Premier Clubs have to have an internet feed at their Club,cost minimum £750 per year(contract) for starters.Then they have to purchase a Large Screen to show it,you cannot sit round one tiny computer,cost £100.Its called a spratt to catch a mackerel,by Guernsey.All Clubs will get is a DVD,a great deal.

Edited by Smudge

I am personally going to phone Cherry Red Records tomorrow,to find out if they are being rewarded by Guernsey in anyway,for using a Brand name that they Sponsor.

That's a great idea Smudge - you ring Cherry Red Records and ask them if they know that the league they sponsor is now going to get far wider coverage than they could ever have envisaged by GFCTV showing live streams and highlights of the games on the Internet every week - I would imagine they would be chuffed at all the extra exposure they will now get as a consequence - and if GFC are still in The CCL next year I am sure the CCL commitee will take this into account when negotiating the new sponsorship deal - looks like they will both benefit from this exciting and brave venture.

IF we get promotion I think Smudge will really miss GFC, who else will he constantly whinge at?

Smudge, I thought you (might have been someone else) said that it would not work when matches are played under floodlights? Guess the Canberley match will show otherwise!

Jurgs,you miss the point,as Bomaya has already stated he has signed up,not that he personally would miss a live game,for a streamed one.So how many others,like groundhoppers,occasional supporters will,who knows? We live in a democracy Jurgs,I am not a Member of any political party,but it would not stop me from asking Questions of their Representatives.Likewise with the CCL,but if NO ONE ASKS,NO ONE KNOWS the answer.Being a supporter of No 1 Club,or affiliated to any Club in the CCL,Gives me the Edge over many posters on here.The League or F.A. cannot discipline me,for bringing the League/FA into disrepute.

Smudge, you miss my point. You say you WANT answers, but why should the CCL or CRR give you any answers as to what they may or may not have negotiated??

If someone called my business asking questions that had nothing to do with them then they wouldn't be getting any answers.

But Smudge has a divine right to know everything...

anyway...

Did anyone actually watch the game on GFC TV and how was the live coverage if you did?

I did. Coverage was very good, if rather depressing for me. More comments about it on the Scores On The doors 04 Aug thread