Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Canvey Island

littlehampton

Subs changed the game. We have a very good squad now. Sami Kirby and Ricky were missing as well.

I think Canvey's withdrawal of the obnoxious, but highly effective, Tambeson Eyong after 85 minutes was the key change. I can't help feeling he'd have cut out the balls that led to the two late goals.

Dominated the first half but found ourselves 2 down.Second half was the same then the subs and the game changed great spirit from the boys great goal from billy and it wasn't a penalty.lol.

Bobby looks like he has got his mojo back and that brilliant goal will do his confidence the world of good.

A very good all round effort. They demonstrated their fitness at the end as Canvey could not match them pace for pace. When Klangbeni was beating their number 9 all ends up in the second half and we had gone level at 2-2 you knew that if there was to be a result their could only be one winner.

We were wasteful in front of goal. Neita, Wynter and Parcell missing glorious opportunities to score and at the same time our makeshift defence looked unfit to deal with their Striker Sykes, till Kiagbeni man marked him in the second half.

We will be a top 3 force once the Joseph Kirby Gabriel and Percy backline is available for selection.

It'd be great to have a striker who is the difference between teams, but saying that, we can look forward to a good run of winning results , I'll predict top 5 by Xmas

Driving back home, on a 100 mile journey from Enfield, you have plenty of time to reflect on the match you have just seen. Delight, or is it relief, at the result, is tempered with recall of a below-par first half performance from Town, good chances going begging, and a two goal deficit at the interval.

After what must have been a lively team talk at half-time, Town started to play with more purpose and determination after the break, but Canvey were getting more men behind the ball, looked dangerous on the break, and Town were struggling to make the breakthrough. With time running out, Town pulled one back, confidence soared, they started to look much more of a threat, got a bit lucky with the equaliser, but scored a superb third goal to seal the match. Canvey will feel hard done by, as Town grabbed victory from the jaws of defeat, but the Town faithful will be mighty pleased to be through to the next round.

Billy Crook was 'Man of the Match' yesterday, but I am a big fan of Harry Ottaway, and for my money Harry had a great game yesterday. This was not one of Towns better performances, but we won, and can look forward to better times ahead, when missing players are available for selection. Fingers crossed the FA Trophy draw is kind to us tomorrow!

Totally disagree with Enfield United ('We were wasteful in front of goal') and Littlehampton ('a below-par first half performance'). Were we watching the same game? There are some games when you just know you are going to lose once you've gone a goal down, but even when we went two down I knew we had a good chance of winning (easy for me to say that now, but I did actually say that to people around me at the time). Their keeper made a couple of great saves and there was at least one penalty (possibly two) we should have been given. They, on the other hand hand, had a couple of shots on target and, as luck would have it, both went in. In short. we should have been in front at half time, not two down. The fact fact that we got three in the second half did not surprise me, but, by gosh, it certainly excited me!!!!. COYT!

Totally disagree with Enfield United ('We were wasteful in front of goal') and Littlehampton ('a below-par first half performance'). Were we watching the same game? There are some games when you just know you are going to lose once you've gone a goal down, but even when we went two down I knew we had a good chance of winning (easy for me to say that now, but I did actually say that to people around me at the time). Their keeper made a couple of great saves and there was at least one penalty (possibly two) we should have been given. They, on the other hand hand, had a couple of shots on target and, as luck would have it, both went in. In short. we should have been in front at half time, not two down. The fact fact that we got three in the second half did not surprise me, but, by gosh, it certainly excited me!!!!. COYT!

Nice to have a win in an FA competition and good for revenue as well.Exciting game and once again we showed commitment and fitness in coming back against a bottom half team. As i said previously though,the real test of our play-off credentials will be how we compete against the top 8 sides.

Edited by lovely stuff

No one..Let the forwards we have fight for the two places up top in the starting line-up.Competition will bring out the best in them.Those not doing enough to get regularly picked will probably leave on their own accord anyway.

True but I bet they would argue they need a run to get the goals and confidence. Bobby, dernell, Harry, Tony, Nigel . Also Tom and Keir they are no 10s though really not out and out strikers. Thats a lot of wages as it stands and I am sure George has his sights set further up unless we can pay.him big bucks and an odds on starting berth. Otherwise self interest would suggest he should stay where he is bang in the goals and move up a couple of leagues.