Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Non League Football show on BBC London

GRS67

Congratulations to Caroline Barker's Chelmsford City on their excellent FA Cup First Round win against Colchester this afternoon

You never know, maybe Caroline will be the Manageress of Chelmsford City someday, like that tv series from yester year with Cherie Lunghi!

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Caroline headed up the flagship Breakfast Show on Radio 5 Live again this morning, she's definitely going places isn't she

Eastside Urchin - I think Caroline is way out of my League to be honest, I'm SSML and she's Conference if not higher

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Caroline made it to Crawley Town this afternoon for Chelmsford City's FA Cup Second Round tie

Here's a link to this morning's Non League Football Show which Caroline brilliantly fronted as usual, I see that Coup's mate Dave Watters guested who has unsurprisingly been keeping a low profile of late:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01m5gsx

I see that Caroline was sports newsreader on the flagship Breakfast Show on Radio 5 Live again this morning rubbing shoulders with the likes of Gary Richardson who had Joe Royle, Peter Schmeichal, Francis Lee and Neil Lennon on his cult Sportsweek show

I think that was James Richardson (Football Italia).

• 4 weeks later...

Coming back to Caroline though she's really so well in at BBC Five Live now isn't she, I can definitely see her going all the way and being the next Claire Balding

Who has been listening to Caroline on Radio Five Live this weekend, she's getting better by the week isn't she, if that's possible, and so clever, proficient and eloquent with her speaking

• 3 months later...

I see that Caroline has still got her foot firmly in the door at Radio Five Live and is going from strength to strength, the World's her oyster isn't it and she's definitely the next Claire Balding

• 1 month later...

Who read Caroline's excellent guest column in today's Non League paper where she highlighted the cut throat Managerial merry go round.Coincidentally Dean Holdsworth has just been appointed Manager of Caroline's under achieving, sleeping giant,

Chelmsford City so lets keep our fingers crossed that Holdsworth can do what he did at Newport County and get Chelmsford to the Conference next season following their disappointing playoff defeat at Salisbury earlier this month.

• 6 months later...

Just a reminder folks that Caroline Barker is still hosting the Non League Football Show on BBC Five Live every Sunday, albeit at 05.30am so here is a link should you wish to hear her dulcet tones and catch up on her exploits:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01m5gsx