Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Romford Recorder

Wivenhoe Urchin

For not the first time this year, Romford seem to get a lot more mention on the back page and we get the small part. Why is this, when we are 2 leagues higher and now in a play-off position? The back page is all important as a lot of people only have a peek at this and we are not getting much publicity in it at all.

It is annoying to get the romford recorder delivered and then read about how some Romford players went to Ilford behind their back, rather than reading about how we have got ourselves into the ryman prem play-offs.

But I'm not jealous mini-goosey, I'm very happy to be an Urchin right now!

Hello With an Hoe!

How's trix mate?

For a start it's the Romford Hornchurch and Upminster Recorder!

Normally methinks they alternate on the back page for the "Headline" makers but I do agree with you, as of late it has become more Rumford biased on the back page, only my view though.

I also think they try and push the Boro a bit more as they probably get less overall publicity than us.

There were times when we were headlines every week, Darlo, Trani, etc..., you were there.

Don't be too concerned mate, just keep supporting the Urchins as you do and thanks for that.

M

every week romford get the back page unless hornchurch win the league!!

I think they are trying to promote romford fc which is pretty pointless as they are nomads and the majority of people in romford don't even know they exist.

I don't buy the paper,i just look at the back page when i go to the petrol station every now and then to see what they write about hornchurch,and if there is nothing on there i won't even think about buying it.Lets face it,its a two bob paper which is only good if you are looking to buy a second hand pram or bike from some pikey family in dagenham.

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Wivenhoe Urchin
For not the first time this year, Romford seem to get a lot more mention on the back page and we get the small part. Why is this, when we are 2 leagues higher and now in a play-off position? The back page is all important as a lot of people only have a peek at this and we are not getting much publicity in it at all.

Duuhhh!!! Imagine "The ROMFORD Recorder" writing about Romford!!!

Maybe they support their local side!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should start a new paper every couple of years and call it AFC Romford Recorder!!!

OH No coz then it would need to write about AFC Romford!!

Lets start again!!!

What about AFC Hx recorder!!

Naaah wouldnt last 5 minutes!!! Unless it could change its name to Sporting Hornchurch, but would that be a new club and need a new ground lease. (they could share).

Would they claim AFC Hx History? Only if they get to keep Hx history!!

This is getting a bit like Monty Python esq!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Originally Posted By: Wivenhoe Urchin

I think we both get about the same coverage normally but we always get slightly more when we have a big game at the weekend like the league cup second leg this weekend oh and it is the romford recorder

Have to agree - the Rom Rec has hit an all time low in reporting. If they would put the report on the back page, there would be no need to buy it, as you can read it in the shop. But I expect a reasonable standard of reporting - read this week's and draw your own conclusions. The reporter, who for once was actually at the match, claimed HFC were playing in an 8-0-2 formation.

MOB You dickhead,do you not read the above post.Although it is called the ROMFORD RECORDER it has and always has covered the whole of the borough,not just the town Romford.

When Hornchurch were doing well(ie conf south) they couldn't wait to get our stories on the back page but who is the biggest team that plays in the borough????

AFC HORNCHURCH by about 4 times!!!

Now who is the fecking donut?

MOB IS!

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
MOB You dickhead,do you not read the above post.Although it is called the ROMFORD RECORDER it has and always has covered the whole of the borough,not just the town Romford.
When Hornchurch were doing well(ie conf south) they couldn't wait to get our stories on the back page but who is the biggest team that plays in the borough????
AFC HORNCHURCH by about 4 times!!!

Probably Mr Butcher thinks that because of your plummeting attendances and form, you don't warrant a back page splash...

possibly.

who gives a fck what he thinks anyway, saw him at the bridge for the heybridge game. said is that pete butcher? at which, his ears pricked up - when i was told it was, i said 'what a [****!!****]' - he looked so instantly forlorn it was hilarious.

anyway, gooner's right - if you want to buy a pram from dagenham, pick up the recorder.