Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Our Season Is Over

Richard Macey

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
i thought we played ok at times today,crap at other times but definatly an improvement on saturday.
What i don't like is walking out the ground and the usual moaners saying "i ain't wasting 15 quid to watch that on saturday" well in all honesty if you ain't going to get behind the team then we are better off that they stay at home.

I agree with you there UM and I for one will still be at the majority of games and the team will have my full support.

The fact of the matter though is that we are now out of all cup competitions and it would take a remarkable turnaround in our performances for us to make the play offs IMO, hope I'm wrong but we are not able to keep possesion of the ball in midfield and don't have much creativity either, we are relying too heavily on mistakes by the opposition or hoping for a flash of magic from Simon Parker or Kriss Lee to win us matches.

On the plus side I can't see us ever getting a hiding from any sides as we have some very committed 100% players who never let the side down, the likes of Purdie, Elliot Styles, Tommo, Donny etc, etc...

hardly a remarkable turnaround needed spuddy....two wins and we'd be 4th again in a play off spot....

season over ?..when did anyone win or lose a promotion/play off place in january...?

we are not playing well 'tis true but we are still in there and when we do start playing well 'owt could happen....this club has a winning attitude and we always compete and are always there come the seasons end....our manager has a winning attitude and his teams are always there come the seasons end....

we shall get into the play offs never fear.... yay

Originally Posted By: and1inthetree
sanderson - it's not really your house though is it?

as for the season being over - well i fckn hope so. let's go back to having a laugh and not demanding the fckn quadruple every season. if mad drunk men (not you spuddy) want to abuse the management, let them do it during the season, if it's over, maybe we can all enjoy just being at a football game again, without the people who would clearly be more happy with some pink paraffin, or their sisters.

when we found ourselves slumming it with the cousin-shaggers and niece-fondlers from romford et al in the ESL, i would have gladly given a square metre of one of the mentalist's ears to be in our position now, back in the ryman prem with a realistic chance of going for the play-offs...

we're there now, so let's just fkcn enjoy it, eh?

As much as i don't care about you lot laugh but that is spot on football should be about enjoying watching the team you support whatever they are doing

Originally Posted By: MCP
Originally Posted By: and1inthetree
sanderson - it's not really your house though is it?

as for the season being over - well i fckn hope so. let's go back to having a laugh and not demanding the fckn quadruple every season. if mad drunk men (not you spuddy) want to abuse the management, let them do it during the season, if it's over, maybe we can all enjoy just being at a football game again, without the people who would clearly be more happy with some pink paraffin, or their sisters.

when we found ourselves slumming it with the cousin-shaggers and niece-fondlers from romford et al in the ESL, i would have gladly given a square metre of one of the mentalist's ears to be in our position now, back in the ryman prem with a realistic chance of going for the play-offs...

we're there now, so let's just fkcn enjoy it, eh?

As much as i don't care about you lot laugh but that is spot on football should be about enjoying watching the team you support whatever they are doing

bollox it is...football is about competing and winning MCP and thats why you lot have tried to cuckoo our ground....so you can go up....and thats why we have stopped you.....its all about money for you lot and progress...you aree more like me than you want to admit to....(without the hair grin)

if you don't want to win its not worth competing....I don't sleep well when we lose and although I know that losing is a part of winning and I can therefore take losing magnanamously and better than most.....it still inwardly fckn hurts every time....

see you managed to get home safely.... grin

I dont think full stop so why would i think before i post?

I'm not saying i don't want romford to win every game i watch them in and i am upset when we lose but i love watching us every game with my mates and having a few beers obviously winning helps but whatever

oh and unc none of us fans wanted to groundshare with you whatever you think, we like ever other club want a stable future and a ground where we can progress with, i don't see the answer being you lot but we've tried to get a ground for a fecking long time

Originally Posted By: MCP
oh and unc none of us fans wanted to groundshare with you whatever you think, we like ever other club want a stable future and a ground where we can progress with, i don't see the answer being you lot but we've tried to get a ground for a fecking long time

I know that and truly sympathise and in better days 'tween us have tried to help your club and if your powers that be hadn't gone behind our backs and antagonosed the fck out of us with their council mates we may well have taken a more helpful attitude....I have no beef with your club or indeed most of its supporters....try zody for someone to blame for antagonism...it won't be too far off the mark...

still around is he.... grin

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
hardly a remarkable turnaround needed spuddy....two wins and we'd be 4th again in a play off spot....

season over ?..when did anyone win or lose a promotion/play off place in january...?

we are not playing well 'tis true but we are still in there and when we do start playing well 'owt could happen....this club has a winning attitude and we always compete and are always there come the seasons end....our manager has a winning attitude and his teams are always there come the seasons end....

we shall get into the play offs never fear.... yay

I hope you're right UU, I just can't see us retaining the position we are in let alone moving up the table.

Time will tell.